What would you like to see added post June 1st?

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

McDermott did not think that. The guys who he thought could were not healthy. There is an argument they should have used Siran Neal more, earlier in the game, but their options were severely limited. That sucks but it is yet more proof positive that you need luck to win a Championship.

Like I said. McDermott is an idiot. Anyone on this site could have told you before the game that there was no chance at Klein was going to cover Kelce. Sure, Neal was an option. Frankly a better one. But this is on the coach for screwing this up. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Like I said. McDermott is an idiot. Anyone on this site could have told you before the game that there was no chance at Klein was going to cover Kelce. Sure, Neal was an option. Frankly a better one. But this is on the coach for screwing this up. 

He is not an idiot. He was a coach trying to deal with cluster injuries to the exact part of the defense that KC were built to exploit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, mrags said:

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is not an idiot. He was a coach trying to deal with cluster injuries to the exact part of the defense that KC were built to exploit. 

Just a reminder, this poster believes backs up should all be UDFA rookies.  Then calls Beane an idiot for not doing it.

On 5/19/2024 at 8:35 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Lawson's been replaced with Dawuane Smoot, who through production and experience is an upgrade from him. As such, he cost us more. We gave Shaq about a million. Smoot is being paid 2.5 with just about 2 guaranteed.

He's someone I see etched in pen as the 4th or 5th DE. He's also who I expect Beane to have decided is the DE addition everyone expected. I think he evaluated what's left and decided that was his guy from that (gross) group, for what he was looking for and what he was looking to pay. 

As I said, we're going to keep 5. Groot, Von, and AJ are clearly the top 3 guys. He's not paying Von or AJ what he's paying them for either to be the 4th DE in the rotation. If he didn't feel AJ could step up and be the guy to replace Von in the event he can't go - he wouldn't have brought him back and paid him what he paid him.

Solomon was a steal in the 5th. We don't outright cut players we Drafted before Round 6. He'll be here. And that's your 5 guys right there - Groot, Von, Epenesa, Smoot, Solomon. If he wanted someone from your list, he wouldn't have signed Smoot or given him anything guaranteed.

As it is, we'll be cutting Toohill and Jonathan. I don't see a 5th DE move this offseason that would see him moving on from 2 of the 5 guys he'd have acquired - especially when one has some guaranteed money (we've moved on from a guaranteed money FA only once in OJ Howard), the other is a Draft Pick above Round 6 or 7, and the list of guys left aren't much of an upgrade, if any at all, beside having a more known name.

Ya I think we're set at DE, I do like Kingsley though but if they keep 5 he's likely out

• Agree 1