TBDAHOT: Who wants to golf on Saturday opening weekend?

SDS

Golf requires goofy pants and a fat @$$. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant, huge @$$. 

In all seriousness I'm an old fart now and somehow I keep thinking, "huh, golf might be something fun to do." I used to work at this driving range/go kart track/batting cages in Irving and we'd "advertise that we're open" by riding the carts, using the cages and shmackin' golf balls on the range. I used to drive the golf ball picker upper cart. People get really excited when you drive by in that. "I'm gonna hit the cart!" 

Uh, anyway, I'll be there. I'll borrow my son's little plastic clubs, that'll get it done. Four! See that? 600 yards. Same amount Josh Allen's gonna throw for in week one. 

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Golf requires goofy pants and a fat @$$. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant, huge @$$. 

In all seriousness I'm an old fart now and somehow I keep thinking, "huh, golf might be something fun to do." I used to work at this driving range/go kart track/batting cages in Irving and we'd "advertise that we're open" by riding the carts, using the cages and shmackin' golf balls on the range. I used to drive the golf ball picker upper cart. People get really excited when you drive by in that. "I'm gonna hit the cart!" 

Uh, anyway, I'll be there. I'll borrow my son's little plastic clubs, that'll get it done. Four! See that? 600 yards. Same amount Josh Allen's gonna throw for in week one. 

is there a serious answer here or are you just clowning around?

On 5/16/2024 at 1:11 PM, SDS said:

Please let me know if you’re interested in this and for how many. I need to get an idea on reservation numbers. Probably will look at Byrncliff but will consider others if there’s a consensus.

1. SDS

2. SDS wife

3. SDS bother 

4. SDS nephew

SDS,

I can’t golf and my kids and family are going to a Saturday family party, but happy to drive one of the carts if you guys need a chauffeur.  My sons are both golfers and my middle, was on a highly competitive on a golf team through HS.

im sure they can borrow my Dad’s clubs.  My son Tyan will have to rent as he golfs as a lefty.

just let me know where.  We’ll be at my Dad’s in Hamburg.  I wouldn’t mind hanging with the TBD crowd for a morning.

On 5/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, SDS said:

is there a serious answer here or are you just clowning around?

I'm just being a goof, my bad. 

But for real, I dunno if it's because I'm old now or what but I seem to think golf could be something fun to do. Buncha my friends and some of my cousins golf and I gotta get outta the house more. If I get into and get some clubs maybe you guys can teach me a few things. Or, I dunno if you only golf with more experienced golfers and don't wanna waste time trying to help a n00b.

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

@SDS - Please let us (me) know if this is for sure going to happen. I'll need to put in for PTO as I work Saturdays, and I completely forgot that fact when I signed up. 

yes

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

yes

Similar situation for me. There’s a possibility I get stuck at work. Won’t know until a few days before. So I may be a last minute cancellation. I’ll keep you posted obviously 

Please let me know if you’re interested in this and for how many. I need to get an idea on reservation numbers. Probably will look at Byrncliff but will consider others if there’s a consensus.

1. SDS

2. SDS wife

3. SDS bother 

4. SDS nephew

SDS, which course are you going to play?

1. SDS

2. SDS wife

3. SDS bother 

4. SDS nephew

SDS, an incredible offer, but my boys and I are going to pass.  It’s just too much.  We fly in Friday, have a huge family get together Saturday, and of course the game on Sunday.  My dad would kill me if I took off Saturday morning.  Have fun guys, and hopefully I can catch up with some of you on Sunday.