Woooo Hoooo!

I just got the call.

The Engineering postion that I have been interviewing for in New Zealand was just offered to me!!

:P:w00t::w00t::lol::w00t:

New Zealand... here I come!!!

a dream come true...

(Wasn't someone just asking if there are any Bills Bars Down Under?)

I just got the call.

The Engineering postion that I have been interviewing for in New Zealand was just offered to me!!

:P  :w00t:  :w00t:  :lol:  :w00t:

a dream come true...

359886[/snapback]

I would congratulate you, but as a red blooded American, I find your signature line offensive to Fushes everywhere. Just yesterday my Starbucks coffee cup told me that I should respect all Fushes.

Congratulations!!! What an amazing opportunity for you. You'll love it. Just a word of caution...embrace the culture and learn to enjoy things and customs that are different. If you want to "compare" or complain that things aren't like they are at "home"...then do it in private.

It was jester43 who is going to NZ on a trip. You might want to PM him.

Best of luck.

I just got the call.

:blush:  :D  :w00t:  :lol:  0:)

a dream come true...

359886[/snapback]

Have fun. But if you like to take a swim or a trek now and again, do pay attention to the authorities re ocean and river precautions, mountain ravines, etc.

NZ has a beautiful and treacherous geography.

Cool. I mean that literally. Even the northern part of New Zealand does not get very warm in the summer. Doesn't get cold in the witner either. It's kind of like living in San Francisco without the fog. You gotta be mindful of earthquakes and vocanic eruptions to. New Zealand is one of the volcanically and seismically active places in the world.

What part of New Zealand will you be in?

I would really like to visit there some day.

Seriously, if you are going to Auckland, check out the Royal Yacht squadron. They have most of the America's Cup boats from the past few years including the big boy, KZ-1 and Black Magic NZL-32 there. If you do, take a picture for me....

Friend of mine is from there (NZ)

He went back this past christmas for family get togethers

said it has changed quite a bit in the last 10 yrs.

especially the weather , summer is beastly hot and the hole in the ozone is getting bigger

paragliding has really taken off (no pun )

good luck and hope you like muttonburgers and develop a taste for vegamite !

What is Auckland's latitude south? Isn't it around the same latitude south as is the latitude north for Buffalo and the Great Lakes area? Of course it is a marine climate, wich keeps the weather tempered?

I hear skiing in the Southern Alps is supposed to be great!

Maybe I can come pay you a vist in late July or August! :unsure::angry:

Congrats!

a dream come true...

359886[/snapback]

Congrats. Best advice I could give you is to learn all you can about

Rugby, Cricket, and the Maori.

What city?

Thanks for all the kind words guys. (and gals.)

I honestly can't believe that this is happening.

Check this out...

About 4 or 5 years ago, my wife and I started bs'ing about how cool it would be to move to NZ.

The more we thought about it... the better and better it sounded.

I researched 100's of hours about it through books and online.

ANyway... I learned that when polled... most NZ'ers would like to live in the city of Nelson. (Top, middle of the South Island.)

THis past March I flew there and spent 3 weeks scooping out what would be the best area to live.

I also chose Nelson. (Abel Tasman Nt'l Park and Golden Bay are directly towards the west, with Nelson Lakes Nt'l Park being the southern boarder.)

The land was incredible that the people were the best people I've ever met. (And I've met some damn fine people.)

Anyway... I decided to drop off a resume at City Hall. (I currently work for my local city as a Civil Engineering Tech.)

They e-mailed me thanking me for my resume but told me that there wasn't any openings, but I should pay attention to their website for openings...

Sure enough, about two weeks passed and there was the perfect job. EXACTLY what I do here in the States. (With added authority.)

I applied for it... exchanged e-mails/drawings and had a phone interview for an hour and a half.

Then Wednesday I got the word... They want me to start on August 1st!

YEA MAMA!

(WE've already had a couple look at our house. We're selling the house FULLY STOCKED. It'll come with everything except the two suitcases that we'll each bring.)

You may not know me... but keep me in your good thoughts. My little family will be facing MANY challenges in the near future.

GO BILLS!