Beane talking with McAfee (re: Draft Trade)

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

Don't enjoy McAfee. Please provide run down. 

Bills had multiple options  they thought were of as at the same kind of level so they were happy to trade down, twice, as they could get more draft capital later on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Beane talking with McAfee (re: Draft Trade)
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, boyst said:

I got distracted by Beane’s perfect little haircut that frames his amazing football-shaped brain. I didn’t hear a word.

But damn brother, I put the steak on your plate - do I have to cut it and feed it to you too??? 😂

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I got distracted by Beane’s perfect little haircut that frames his amazing football-shaped brain. I didn’t hear a word.

But damn brother, I put the steak on your plate - do I have to cut it and feed it to you too??? 😂

well done and please put ketchup on it

13 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I found it interesting the way he spoke about Leggette. I get the vibe that they really liked him as well.

He also mentioned that at 28 there were guys on both offense and defense that were ranked pretty close across the board. The only player drafted between 28 and 33 that was defense was the CB Wiggins. So I believe WR would have still been the pick at 28 because I don't see him going CB there.

After the Bills pick, the Chargers took McConkey and then 8 of 9 of the next picks were on defense. DTs Orhorhoro (who was a top 30 visit IIRC), Newton, Sweat and Fiske were in that group as well as DeJean and a few other CBs. So it's possible some of the other players they had in that group were from this list.

It's also possible seeing the list of players that were selected around Coleman and hearing that they were all closely graded that when the Bills took Coleman they were out of first round grades players on their board...which makes the 2 trade backs better IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, boyst said:

Beane handled him well.  At one point he chastised McAfee for continuing to bust his balls about letting some of his “favorite players” go.  He also had a funny story about Josh doing a bunch of mock drafts and calling Beane to tell him the results. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was reading article in todays BN that listed stats from Beanes draft class.  I found it kind of interesting as in the past Beane often took people based on potential upside.  Edmunds and Knox are a couple of names that come to mind.  Even Allen is true of.  Seems like his picks are more what can he do for me right away which likely reflects the fact that years back they more were drafting for long term future, but that has changed.

The average age of the first nine picks was 22.8 years (oldest of any Beane class) and the average games of college experience was 46.4 (most of any Beane class); the six-year averages entering this draft were 22.0 years and 39.8 games. UCF offensive tackle Tylan Grable’s 58 college games are the most of any Beane pick.