Beane literally added a promising draft prospect at every level on both sides of the ball

44 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Blah, blah, blah same old same old!

Keep on challenging the fire everybody/doom and gloom crowd, I love it! I posted earlier these people are angry at life to a level that exceeds the game, they will never be happy. Right on New Era!!!

Different perspectives on life I suppose.  To keep things short and not write a novel on this subject:  I love the Bills.  They are my favorite past time other than my family.  When I spend my limited time on earth thinking about and discussing my favorite past time, why would I want to shower my thoughts and mood with doom and gloom?  We still haven’t won the SB.  We might not next season either.  That’s life.  I don’t see how crying and whining that the GM didn’t have the same vision as me can bring anything positive into my world.  I used to.  I used to post negatively on the reg.  I still do once in awhile, but I get it out of my system and simply move on.  My opinion was known and nothing else had to be said.  

Only one team wins the SB.  And only one team has in the last 2 seasons.  In the past 5 years, only 3 fan bases were crowned champions.  A LOT goes into winning one and we just haven’t had the dice come up in our favor due to injury’s, coaching and execution. 

One of our 2 elite players dropped the biggest play/pass of the season.  While I watched MVS, juju, mckinnon, Pacheco and hardman execute on the biggest plays of KCs seasons.  Elite talent is massive-  I wish we had more of it.  But we don’t and it’s not easily acquired, especially with our cap sitch (which was partly caused by our search for the elite von miller and Diggs).  That search for elite talent put our salary cap in bad spot (least cap room in the nfl to start the offseason).  So what do you do in order to get the cap straightened out?  Keep your draft pick and accumulate more of them in order to have players under control for 4+ year at a minimum cap hit.  You don’t trade up for one potential star (who could also bust).  We’ve never been one superstar WR away from a championship.  We just didn’t game-plan properly and/or execute when we needed too.  We were right there.  Favorites vs the chiefs. We dropped the ball.  Beane didn’t.  

All that said, I wanted to trade up for Nabers or Odunze.  My irrational side wanted the shiny new toy.  I accepted the reality of not trading up and moved on.  Turns out we drafted a fun new toy (not as shiny and not the WR I wanted) as well as several other promising draftees.  

Accept reality.  Embrace it.  What I enjoy most about this past time is having hope.  I didn’t have a lot for quite a long time.  Now that I have plenty of it, I’m not going to get upset if the FO has a different vision as I do.  I’m going to hope that they can put us into position to win a title, like they have for the last handful of years and hope that the players and coaches execute when it matters most.  And I’m going to enjoy it.  Why? Because why not, I’m very happy in life and have zero need to bring the negativity into my world.  Yet I have no choice but to feel the negativity when I come to my favorite online last time, TBD.  I guess I’m just fighting the impossible fight of trying to open peoples eyes to how lucky we are to have this experience ahead of us the next few years. Enjoy it as much as you can because it’s something you love so much.  No need for the doom.  We aren’t doomed

• Like (+1) 2

I agree.

Though I don't know much about some of the later picks, they could very well have picked their #1 WR, a co #1 RB, starting center, and (soon to be) starting safety.

That would make it a fantastic draft if that pans out.

Throw in a likely soon starting DT, a quality pass rusher and linebacker with all kinds of upside +++ and it may end being the kind of draft that prevents the Bills from taking a step back this year, which many expect because of their significant player losses.

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

How did we get into that cap bind.

Same way every team does, and we get out of it the same way every team does, this ain’t rocket surgery. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

maybe Bishop ends up being a stud....but Beane said he would have been okay with moving up for him?  FOR A SAFETY?  Why is that position getting premium value over WR?   We could have easily gotten the same level of prospect in Round 4 

Umm, have you watched any Bills games the last 6 or so years?

The high quality safeties were a seminal reason why this team, and this defense, almost never skipped beat--they remained one of the best, stingiest defenses, in the NFL for most of that time.  Their safeties, Poyer and Hyde, were a cornerstone.

So, I guess I will just say, "Duh", get a good safety.

It is a tough position to do very well--they, just like good running backs, are absolutely not a "dime a dozen". \

Just now, Mister Defense said:

I agree.

Though I don't know much about some of the later picks, they could very well have picked their #1 WR, a co #1 RB, starting center, and (soon to be) starting safety.

That would make it a fantastic draft if that pans out.

Throw in a likely soon starting DT, a quality pass rusher and linebacker with all kinds of upside +++ and it may end being the kind of draft that prevents the Bills from taking a step back this year, which many expect because of their significant player losses.

For sure.  And we look to have a legit backup for Taron (and possible punt returner) as well.  Something we’ve never had and have been very lucky that he’s been so healthy.  Loved the Carter pick.  He’s more of a 3 this point than a 1, but looks like he could possibly play a bit of both.  Solid guy next to Ed on passing downs while also being his backup.  

The davis pick really has me excited.  If cook goes down, I don’t think we’ll take much of a step back.  I think he has starter potential as early as this season.

Adding starting S and C in rd 2 and 5.  I thought van pran was our best pick.  Bishop fits our scheme perfectly in Poyers role. 

Soloman has great potential as a designated pass rusher.  Not a full time starter (yet anyway) but can make an impact imo.  A little undersized, but his length and massive hand size help make up for his lack of size. He gets to the QB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Umm, have you watched any Bills games the last 6 or so years?

The high quality safeties were a seminal reason why this team, and this defense, almost never skipped beat--they remained one of the best, stingiest defenses, in the NFL for most of that time.  Their safeties, Poyer and Hyde, were a cornerstone.

So, I guess I will just say, "Duh", get a good safety.

It is a tough position to do very well--they, just like good running backs, are absolutely not a "dime a dozen". \

Bishop better be a starter off the bus at Pick 60 … given the competition at the position currently on the team… to think Beane was prepared to trade up for him made me gag as well…

Torrence last year should be the expectation of what picks at this position of this part of the draft should be … not the exception to the rule …

Also … I’ll be keeping an eye on how the Chiefs Safety Hicks goes … a guy I’m not sure is a hell of a lot worse  than our boy , and whom they got at 133…  

Edited by Aussie Joe

10 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Adding Von Miller and extending Diggs proved to be two enormous mistakes. Can throw Knox in there too.

@Pine Barrens Mafia I'll agree the Knox contract was terrible.

The Diggs extension was suspect, but turned out bad. I wouldn't have done that deal, and I agree it was a bad one. 

For Von, one can argue Beane swung for the fences, Von was on pace to bring us past KC, before the ACL. That was a gamble that I still would have taken, not knowing how it shook out. 

Honestly, Beane is a gambler, and he's lost a few big ones. You're not going to keep hitting snake-eyes forever.  If you're a Bills fan, you're going to hope the Coleman gamble is going to pay off. I'm hoping it does. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

lol….I’m the biggest agitator?  🤣 oh man.  You don’t like me because I’m anti doom and gloom.  You ARE doom and gloom, so I get it. Cool.  

i agree that 10ish years ago, I may have been top 10, but now I just get a little out of hand when I drink.  Luckily for the board, I don’t really drink unless I’m watching a bills game and don’t post very often during the games.  

I love the honesty 

Reading I just get a little out of hand when I drink might be the best sentence I've ever read on the site 

I also get out of hand when I drink

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

"we may need a game changer or two"

how about 5 ? 

IMO, if Beane does not acquire a high end WR via trade this summer, then the off-season is a failure.

Maybe it will end up working out well during the season....

but at the moment, I'm not sure how the offense is better 

The only top quality player the Bills need is good WR.  Then to me, this isn't a rebuild it is a transitional contender.

But yes, if Beane does not get another good WR then  I agree Beane's off-season grade is a failure.  And it doesn't matter if it works out, which it could, because Beane's job is to get the talent in here - he is not responsible for the on field 

My hope has been Beane is on schedule with his plan- he has always planned on trading for a WR and not getting two in this draft makes perfect sense.