If you’re upset about the WR room - BLAME DIGGS

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Ok , I was like whoa that took a turn lol.. I certainly don’t blame Diggs for wanting out if he believed this Coaching staff and or management wasn’t able to do what’s necessary to win. I just wish if that was the case he would say it, or have his brother say it and I’d actually respect it.

The way he just slimed his way out of two teams now being cryptic using Twitter and being a distraction.. I have zero respect for it, garbage.

And you know be the reason why the team lost by dropping the ball. Like idk how people don’t see this? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

You are totally ignoring the fact that the Bills had the choice. They passed and they passed for a reason. Many other evaluators did not like worthy at all and I was also in that camp. I’m a little worried about Legette but Coleman was their guy and they went out and got him and also were able to get the DT they wanted. Maybe in a couple years we can judge but anyone judging now is talking out of their ass 

Dude they traded a first round pick for Diggs. They had Stephon Diggs are you high? 

What I said is not accurate?  But yes I am maybe you should try it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

With a worse roster we traded a 1st for Diggs.  Now with a Super Bowl contender we trade Diggs and in a potentially once in a decade WR draft we don’t make a move. 

lol at once in a decade. There were 3 high quality prospects that we had no chance of drafting. We got our guy that was in the second tier. RELAX. This team is also not in better shape than the year we traded for Diggs. That is crazy talk. 

• Like (+1) 1

What it boils down to is the Bills supposed Draft Board. They valued and wanted Coleman above anyone else at #33. After that, there was no WR they saw as worthy of the draft slot they were in at the time. Do I agree with their board? No. I would have taken Legette at #32 instead of trading out. Then, if I wanted Coleman, I would have done what it took to trade up in the 2nd to get him. I believe this team could have gone a different route afterwards to address S and DT because the 2nd would have still been spent on Coleman and the 3rd would likely have been involved. The whole draft could have been different. This was the year to double dip at the top end for WR's, especially in light of our current situation. They didn't. They kept it par for the course. It was quite disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

No, you're completely ignoring the fact that the Bills punted the choice. They didn't know who KC would take (but had to know it would probably be a WR) 

I’m actually not ignoring the fact. They 100% knew KC might pick a WR. They didn’t care. It was 100% in the Bills hands and they were ok with moving back. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

What it boils down to is the Bills supposed Draft Board. They valued and wanted Coleman above anyone else at #33. After that, there was no WR they saw as worthy of the draft slot they were in at the time. Do I agree with their board? No. I would have taken Legette at #32 instead of trading out. Then, if I wanted Coleman, I would have done what it took to trade up in the 2nd to get him. I believe this team could have gone a different route afterwards to address S and DT because the 2nd would have still been spent on Coleman and the 3rd would likely have been involved. The whole draft could have been different. This was the year to double dip at the top end for WR's, especially in light of our current situation. They didn't. They kept it par for the course. It was quite disappointing. 

You have no clue that Coleman would have been there at 60. That is a ridiculous statement to make just based off of your armchair gm predictions. I’ve seen Coleman going in the first with some mocks. 

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I’m actually not ignoring the fact. They 100% knew KC might pick a WR. They didn’t care. It was 100% in the Bills hands and they were ok with moving back. 

Oh thought you were talking about Coleman specifically. They were ok with losing out on Coleman clearly. They traded down for him like EJ Manuel, another FSU guy

28 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

It’s amazing that crybabies like yourself think you can just magically replace a wr that has been a top wr over the last 4 years with pick 28 in the draft. I guess you didn’t realize that we can change the offensive gameplan and do things differently and still win games just like we did last year with diggs being a ghost. F*** diggs. 

Why don't you actually read what I said. I'm not crying & I didn't say you can't change game plans. I also agree F*** Diggs.

I just disagree with the Topic's premise that Diggs made this WR room instead of Beane. Diggs leaving no more made this room than Davis leaving. The guy in charge who makes the decisions is Beane that's why we pay him & the buck stops with him. So whatever this WR room is, he made it. No more weak a** excuses, he's the boss he owns it.

We still have all of our main producers from the end of last season Kincaid, Shakir & Cook & we almost beat KC with them. Now we have Samuel & Coleman (I would expect that makes us better). If that turns out to be even better that's Beane's accomplishment not Diggs. Of course if we take a step back, that's Beane too (which is possible bc as Beane said at the presser we're transitioning the team to get younger, which I'm all for, but takes time to come together). 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

lol at once in a decade. There were 3 high quality prospects that we had no chance of drafting. We got our guy that was in the second tier. RELAX. This team is also not in better shape than the year we traded for Diggs. That is crazy talk. 

I really believe just having Diggs outta this locker room will be a big addition, of course his target share will need to go elsewhere, but I think lots of people are overreacting right now because they didn’t make the big move up the board, then they decided to take a WR most here didn’t want.

we’re all gonna love Coleman, win the east and make a run, it’s just gonna look different, change isn’t easy.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yea he’s a TE that is going to dominate the middle of the field like gronkowski, Kelce, and cooper cupp. You know the players the last 8 superbowls winners have gone through. Tell me how many superbowls Jefferson and chase have won? 

Lmao Kincaid is gonna be a HoF top 3 TE all time? Oookay

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Why don't you actually read what I said. I'm not crying & I didn't say you can't change game plans. I also agree F*** Diggs.

I just disagree with the Topic's premise that Diggs made this WR room instead of Beane. Diggs leaving no more made this room than Davis leaving. The guy in charge who makes the decisions is Beane that's why we pay him & the buck stops with him. So whatever this WR room is, he made it. No more weak a** excuses, he's the boss he owns it.

We still have all of our main producers from the end of last season Kincaid, Shakir & Cook & we almost beat KC with them. Now we have Samuel & Coleman (I would expect that makes us better). If that turns out to be even better that's Beane's accomplishment not Diggs. Of course if we take a step back, that's Beane too (which is possible bc as Beane said at the presser we're transitioning the team to get younger, which I'm all for, but takes time to come together). 

I agree with your points except that it’s not Beanes fault that Diggs is going to turn into a complete cancer after giving him a huge extension and giving him 160 targets even though he lost a step. That’s 100% on Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

You have no clue that Coleman would have been there at 60. That is a ridiculous statement to make just based off of your armchair gm predictions. I’ve seen Coleman going in the first with some mocks. 

What are you talking about guy? I said to do what it takes to TRADE UP and get him. I know he wouldn't have been there at 60. That's why I said we could have gone a different route at S and DT because it would have taken our 3rd, and maybe another pick, to move up to get Coleman. 

6 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

It was widely discussed as the best wr class in a long time. That was the narrative. It was what all the scouts and professionals that get paid have said. 
So the Bills are not better than the 2019 version? That lost to HOU after sneaking in the playoffs. That is crazy talk. If that is true McD and Beane should be fired for destroying a roster with Allen as your qb. 

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Why can't he be one of those in the group rated the same?

Thats possible but what’s your point? They ended up with a guy they liked and helped fill another position on the team. I have a feeling though that Worthy was not rated that highly on their board. I think the worthy pick by KC was pretty obvious and the Bills didn’t care. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You can blame diggs for a lot of things but roster construction is not one of them

I will agree to a point that Diggs’ exit probably accelerated how bad the lack of succession plan was. But the Bills have sucked at their succession plans for the 2020 stars since.. well… 2020.

Beane drafts a decent WR last year or two years ago and we are feeling much more comfortable with Coleman/Samuel/Shakir filling out the rest of the room. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I agree with your points except that it’s not Beanes fault that Diggs is going to turn into a complete cancer after giving him a huge extension and giving him 160 targets even though he lost a step. That’s 100% on Diggs. 

I don't disagree. It did sound like the relationship was souring for a while behind the scenes & they finally had enough. I just wish Beane had ripped the band aid off sooner & sent him packing when we got rid of Mitch & the others so he had more time to take it into account for the draft. But that's rearview stuff now, I'm looking through the windshield toward next season with the new crew. Go Bill!

• Like (+1) 1