What picks did you like, said ok, and hate?

Wizard

Thoughts on the overall picks in the draft? This can be as a result of other players available, value, position, or preference

Like:  Cole Bishop, Sedrick Van Pran, and Javon Solomon

Ok:  Tylan Grable, Daquean Hardy, Ray Davis

Hate: Keon Coleman, DeWayne Carter, and then all the other picks.

Draft Grade By Positions Needed: C

By Talent/Value: D

The only pick I love is Van Pran. He could be a great center and maybe even play this year.

I don't hate Coleman. He might be a better version of Davis. Davis made some amazing plays but failed so often at the routine ones. But guys that can't seperate just aren't #1 WRs in this league. I think his ceiling can be a very very good #2.

I hate that Beane didn't sell out for one of the top 4 WRs. Makes no sense. I would have preferred he burn that 2025 number one and whatever else it would have taken to get Thomas. 

Then to not get another WR in round 3 makes zero sense to me. 

I hate the Utah safety for everything he represents. An emphasis on defense and continuing to let McDermott shape this team. High character guy that Andy Reid and Kelce will exploit if we even make the playoffs. 

So sad...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

I think your view on Coleman is better-stated than mine. There were 3 receivers who I think fit better and have more potential.

I would have preferred (if available) a receiver at #60, however, I think the size speed, and versatility of Bishop was good value. Was the Bishop dislike because of McDermott obsession with DB's or more of concerns about Bishop's ability or character?

Thanks!

TBD on a lot of these picks, although I do think it was a very strong Draft.  

That said… I love the picks we made that could be viewed as steals.

-Coleman is a guy who could be very meh or become a legit WR1.  I’m coming around on him.  

Love:

Van Pran & Solomon 

Van Pran could legitimately move McGovern back to Guard and for a team that plays a heavy DL rotation, it’s about time we had a designated pass rusher. 

• Agree 1

We didn't have to go after the top 3.  But Thomas, Mitchell or Leggette were there for the taking. Even quality wrs like Franklin and Walker were available much later. I hope someone informs ole Brandon that next years wr group will be nothing like this one.  Huge fail....

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1

Overall I think it was a solid haul.  Unfortunately, many of us went into the draft thinking the biggest weakness was at WR.  While I’m ok with the selection, I don’t feel like adding Coleman did enough to address the position.  

My biggest complaint was that they didn’t use the 5th round picks to move up higher to take a WR when there seemed to be several options to choose from.