Bogus Trump Documents Case: Cannon Postpones Trial Indefinitely Amid Prosecutors Malfeasance

19 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The usual voices that claim to be experts at law (with half a decade being wrong about every case) are ignoring the hell out of this.

And those usual voices will never, ever wonder, why is Jack Smith avoiding transparency?   

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't even be surprised if the DOJ showed up in Florida with a truck full of documents at this point. Pure criminals working behind the scenes

45 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Where is @ChiGooseto tell us how this is just evidence of left wing incompetence as opposed to political dirty tricks?

That's the King's go to defense. 

Crossfire Hurricane. Censoring the Hunter laptop story EVERYWHERE...

The King:

"Look, mistakes were made and these institutions have assured us that they've fixed it all going forward"

So don't worry. 

:lol:

This take is even more delusional and dangerous than Billsfuk.c or Tibstain who don't even acknowledge any wrongdoing. 

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Where is @ChiGooseto tell us how this is just evidence of left wing incompetence as opposed to political dirty tricks?

Oh, I don’t read the rantings of a clearly very unwell person. 

I imagine this thread is mostly comprised of an individual with some serious issues loudly struggling in their confusion and ignorance, combined with citing Julie Kelly, a “legal expert” so dumb that last I checked, she thought Trump was being charged under the PRA.

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

The documents case is dead.  Move on.

What about the nuclear codes?

And all Trump had to do was comply and return documents that he never requested. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Oh, I don’t read the rantings of a clearly very unwell person. 

I imagine this thread is mostly comprised of an individual with some serious issues loudly struggling in their confusion and ignorance, combined with citing Julie Kelly, a “legal expert” so dumb that last I checked, she thought Trump was being charged under the PRA.

So you just aren't going to read things that challenge your point of view?  You know what, that checks out.  

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

That's the King's go to defense. 

Crossfire Hurricane. Censoring the Hunter laptop story EVERYWHERE...

The King:

"Look, mistakes were made and these institutions have assured us that they've fixed it all going forward"

So don't worry. 

This take is even more delusional and dangerous than Billsfuk.c or Tibstain who don't even acknowledge any wrongdoing. 

I used to think he was just naive, it's starting to seem intentional. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

So you just aren't going to read things that challenge your point of view?  You know what, that checks out.  

The King with textbook projection.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Nah, I read things from people I disagree with. I just don’t waste my time with an ignorant troll who has no idea what he’s talking about. 

Nice takedown of the latest Julie Kelly nonsense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/30/trump-documents-case-rumor-false/

Kelly’s story is false.

It’s not clear what document she was posting images from; she didn’t link it in her social media posts. There was an excerpt of the interview with Person 10 released last week, but it doesn’t include the discussion of pallets. It does, however, make obvious who was being interviewed: an employee of Trump’s post-presidential office who began working there in July 2021. That employee was at the center of another discovery of documents marked as classified several months after the Mar-a-Lago search.

The interview with Person 10, though, doesn't matter. What matters is why there were pallets of material in Virginia and how they got to Mar-a-Lago. And we already know the answer to that, because The Washington Post reported on it in December 2022.

After Trump (grudgingly) left office, he was allotted funding to run a transition office, a process that involved the GSA. Because he rejected his election loss for so long, his team was slow to set things up. Shortly before Biden was inaugurated, Vice President Mike Pence’s team chose a GSA-managed space in Crystal City for its office. Trump’s team asked whether it could be there, too.

Former presidents are allowed six months of funding for their transitions. So, with a hard deadline of July 21, Trump’s team operated out of the GSA building in Crystal City. One staffer informed the GSA that “as many as 100 boxes of presidential gifts would be stored at the Crystal City office,” The Post reported, based on an email sent to the GSA.

“[T]he Crystal City office was crammed with leftover stuff from the Trump White House with no apparent organization and little knowledge of what was even there,” our report noted.

July 21 arrived, and the Crystal City office still had a bunch of stuff in it. Trump’s staff put material into boxes and boxes on pallets. Two pallets finally arrived at Mar-a-Lago on Sept. 14. The other four pallets (including two that had been repacked after a pallet became oversized) went to a nearby storage facility.

Interestingly, a member of Trump’s team provided a letter to the GSA (at the agency’s request) attesting that “the items being shipped from Arlington, VA to Palm Beach, FL are required to wind down the Office of the Former President or are items that are property of the Federal Government” — stipulations required for the move to be paid for by transition funds.

• Thank you (+1) 1