Chad Reuter 7 round mock

8 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

T Lockett, to me, is not the same level as what I expected from Diggs in 2024.  And Lockett was just signed to a deal with a signing bonus, so if the Bills wanted him they would probably need to give a little boost in draft capital to offset the low salary.  I hope the Bills go in a different direction than him.

I wasn't advocating we add Lockett just it make more logical sense to move on from the 30 plus year old WR vs Metcalf.

16 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Reminds me too much of the McCargo pick back in 2006. The guy was viewed as a 3rd/4th rounder -- but leading up to the draft, suddenly his stock shot up. Of course, I have a great deal more faith in this current front office than I did in the one that oversaw that draft.

Somebody earlier mentioned Erik Flowers.  He may not have been as much of a reach but Wade Phillips loved him and took him late in the first for some reason.

Yeesh, that's rough. 

This doesn't go for all of the draft dweebs in the media but some of these dudes definitely go with some off the wall or head scratching mocks in order to drive engagement. People see that some draft nerd has their team going with guy that hasn't had any first round buzz or whatever and ta-da, they're commenting on the website, going at the writer on his socials, and talking about it on other forums and platforms. 

It's the same reason the talking heads are always trying to one-up each other with the next incredibly dumb hot take. I mean, I get it. But some of them aren't that great at hiding the fact that they have zero belief in the BS they're spewing. I can't sit thru more than five or ten minutes of pregame shows or discussion shows, hot take shows, etc. It is what it is, just this day and age. Just kinda lame sometimes. 

Anywho, it worked on me because here I am to tell Chad Rueter his Bills picks in his mock draft are straight poop. You hear that, Chad? Big, stupid, poop. 

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Somebody earlier mentioned Erik Flowers.  He may not have been as much of a reach but Wade Phillips loved him and took him late in the first for some reason.

The 2000 draft class is generally considered one of the worst ever.  Not many teams did well that year.   

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I wasn't advocating we add Lockett just it make more logical sense to move on from the 30 plus year old WR vs Metcalf.

I get your point.  But in another thread someone (Warrior) pointed out that Ben Solak of WGR heard rumblings that DK Metcalf is available.  If that is true our 2025 2nd from Minn might be quite valuable to them.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

The 2000 draft class is generally considered one of the worst ever.  Not many teams did well that year.   

Indeed -- plus, (God rest his soul) John Butler already had one foot out the door for San Diego when he oversaw this, his final draft.

On 4/22/2024 at 6:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

I hate it. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. He sucks. 

Pro Football News rates him a bit better...

"Kneeland grades out as a fringe top-100 prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft. He could sneak into Day 2 or be a priority prospect on Day 3. Either way, he’s a quality addition in the middle rounds, with an intriguing mix of high-floor and high-ceiling tools."

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Pro Football News rates him a bit better...

"Kneeland grades out as a fringe top-100 prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft. He could sneak into Day 2 or be a priority prospect on Day 3. Either way, he’s a quality addition in the middle rounds, with an intriguing mix of high-floor and high-ceiling tools."

Yea if they took him in round 4 I'd think a bit early for my tastes but Id understand. Taking him in rounds 1 to 3 with his skillset is mad IMO.

• Like (+1) 1