Sunday Ticket Renewal

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Agree.
Originally the Sunday ticket was a paid service that gave us access to all games that were NOT being broadcast nationally on Thursday, Sunday night, Monday Night, Thanksgiving, playoffs, or any other that wasn’t being shown locally.  Other than the NFL Network and ESPN games, all could be watched with an over the air antenna in concert with the ticket.
So now if we want 100% access to all our favorite teams’ games we need cable/satellite/streaming with subscriptions that provide the NFL Sunday Ticket, ESPN, NFL Network, local, and a la cart subscriptions to Peacock and Amazon.
That’s a minimum of 4 separate services to guarantee home viewing for all Bills’ games! 
Oh well. 
On the plus side, it’s still worthwhile and a good value for the luxury of being able to enjoy the comforts of home while watching the game in real time.

I can drink beer without worry, sit in a comfortable recliner, fireplace blazing, pets on my lap, smell of roast in the oven, and clean bathroom without urine covering the floor.
There was a period where the only choices were sports bars and waiting for highlights on ESPN. 

Compared to vacation rentals, theater shows, game tickets,  and other leave-the-house events, a few hundred bucks for the entire season is still a good deal. 
(don’t tell YouTube I said that!) 😜

The product you bought is called “Sunday Ticket”, and the poster you are responding to is complaining about Thursday night games. It’s literally right there in the title; the subscription is for games on Sunday. You may think of that title as some sort of marketing term, but the NFL absolutely does not think that entitles subscribers to games on Thursday, or Monday, or even Wednesday (when Christmas falls this year…)

Edited by agilen

Posted (edited)

I am bumping this in case anyone wants to renew their Sunday ticket subscription before the discount deadline which is 5/16

It is the $100 early discount rate if you already have YTTV Regularly at $349

Renewing through your YTTV online account to be sure you receive the correct pricing. $249.00 no red zone. That;s what I got.

Edited by muppy

I want the capacity to tape the game if needed. So I'm just going to piggyback on my son's YTTV account that he restarts in Aug.  The stand alone has zero taping features.  Very annoying last year.  Besides 33% of the Bills games will be nationally televised. 

On 4/25/2024 at 1:28 PM, Augie said:

We have DTV Streaming and it hasn’t worked for most of this week since we had to change the AT&T password. I get just a few channels on DTV Dish, but fortunately that includes ABC and NFLN. NOBODY is helpful. My wife has spent way too many hours on it this week and we even hired a tech guy who couldn’t make it work, either. My wife has been practicing her dirty words. Maybe we can get it worked out by tonight? 

And yes, I did clear out the cache of cookies and browser history as I read that may be an issue.  I miss simpler times. 

as your wife, she’s been practicing dirty words since she walked down the aisle! 😉🙃

14 hours ago, muppy said:

I am bumping this in case anyone wants to renew their Sunday ticket subscription before the discount deadline which is 5/16

It is the $100 early discount rate if you already have YTTV Regularly at $349

Renewing through your YTTV online account to be sure you receive the correct pricing. $249.00 no red zone. That;s what I got.

It renews on its own, correct?

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

as your wife, she’s been practicing dirty words since she walked down the aisle! 😉🙃

Of course. People who know me are not surprised.  :)

UPDATE: I still don’t have a functional cable arrangement in the house, but a new box just arrived and we’ll give that a shot. We might have to go back to Spectrum for TV. We got rid of Spectrum years ago because IT didn’t work. Watching Commander Tom using rabbit ears might be my Rosebud moment. 

Posted (edited)

each YTTV subsciber should check online and not depend on me for subscriber advice.

4 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Just renewed and in the fine print, it reads that ST w/RZ will automatically renew next season at the regular $349 price on August 11, 2025.

Just an FYI.

nbc community GIF

Unless we receive a pay early discount option again. I think we as subscribers need pay attention to the discounts. I hate missing out on stuff like that.

This year $249. If they keep raising next year $349 beyond that who knows. They are a cash cow and they have a captive eager audience. we're ******

lol 🙂

Edited by muppy

Just finished a chat session with YT customer service.  The $100 discount ended at midnight on Wed May 15.  The way it read, at least to me, was that the discount ended today.  Also, the $349 rate is if you are a YT subscriber.