Another Rugby star signed to NFL - KC sign Gloucester's Rees-Zammit

The Chiefs are signing the Welsh rugby star to a three-year contract that includes some guaranteed money and a signing bonus, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday.

Along with Kansas City, he had visited the Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos and New York Jets, per Rapoport.

He was one of 15 members of the IPP's Class of 2024 to participate in a pro day at the University of South Florida on March 20, where he ran a 4.43 40-yard dash.

He's in shape... By Welsh standards.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Christian Wade 2.0

He was a totally different level of rugby talent to Wade. Wade was a finisher. LRZ is a complete package he can do it all. Doesn't mean he will be any more successful in the NFL of course but he is younger and more talented than Wade.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was a totally different level of rugby talent to Wade. Wade was a finisher. LRZ is a complete package he can do it all. Doesn't mean he will be any more successful in the NFL of course but he is younger and more talented than Wade.

I just mean in the sense of a converted Rugby player from the International Pathway Program that gets some headlines, but ultimately doesn't work out.

Maybe he bucks the trend when it comes to a skill player. But outside of OT Jordan Mailata for the Eagles, the IPP hasn't yielded much.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I just mean in the sense of a converted Rugby player from the International Pathway Program that gets some headlines, but ultimately doesn't work out.

Maybe he bucks the trend when it comes to a skill player. But outside of OT Jordan Mailata for the Eagles, the IPP hasn't yielded much.

It hasn't. And it may still not. But this is a different level of talent. Wade was a really good club player who wasn't international rugby standard (beyond being an excellent 7s player). This is one of the top 5 or 6 young talents in world rugby turning his back on the game at 23 to try the NFL. 

If this works out I promise you he will not be the last. The world of rugby union is terrified. 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Have any of these guys ever made a team and earned an NFL salary or just practice squad?

As mentioned above the Eagles tackle.

But more importantly - a talent as good as LRZ has never tried it before. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Christian Wade 2.0

He's much more talented than Wade as far as Rugby goes, but WR is going to be tough. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It hasn't. And it may still not. But this is a different level of talent. Wade was a really good club player who wasn't international rugby standard (beyond being an excellent 7s player). This is one of the top 5 or 6 young talents in world rugby turning his back on the game at 23 to try the NFL. 

If this works out I promise you he will not be the last. The world of rugby union is terrified. 

As mentioned above the Eagles tackle.

But more importantly - a talent as good as LRZ has never tried it before. 

He would've been one of the old guys on this last 6n squad lol, he probably made the right choice this year. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I thought Page 6 is where it's at?

Been a long time since actually on it since my virus protection software reported multiple issues with site.

I saw news about her being featured in it and I forgot it was called Page 2 not Page 6 but never saw any pictures.

I think some of the features are actually paid for to get publicity.

18 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Been a long time since actually on it since my virus protection software reported multiple issues with site.

I saw news about her being featured in it and I forgot it was called Page 2 not Page 6 but never saw any pictures.

I think some of the features are actually paid for to get publicity.

I thought that Samantha Fox was called a "Page 6 girl" back in the day.  After just doing a search, it appears she was a "Page 3 girl" and I've been remembering that wrong all these years.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

I thought that Samantha Fox was called a "Page 6 girl" back in the day.  After just doing a search, it appears she was a "Page 3 girl" and I've been remembering that wrong all these years.

Yea page 3. And it no longer exists.

• Like (+1) 1