Jeudy Gets New Contract Extension - 3 Years $58M From Cleveland

H2o

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Does the 41 million guaranteed include the 13 million guaranteed fifth year option?  

That’s a big question. I suspect so since the other info we got was the “up to $58M” figure, but we will have to wait and see. 

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

Pretty sure the $41M gtd is all new money outside of the 5th year option already in place. 

I'd put money on it only being a three year extension after his 5th year option with $28m guaranteed.  

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What fans should take away from this is the importance of positional value in the draft.

That's what a 25 year old WR with the *potential* to play any of the 3 receiver positions but who has still only averaged just a bit less than 800 yards and 3 TD's per season is worth on the open market.

The WR the Bills draft in round 1 could have a market value in excess of $30M in year 2 and then you at least have the option to pick up his 5th year at a set price or use it as leverage to extend his deal with some savings.

If you fnd yourself warming up to the idea of using your first round pick on a center like Jackson Powers-Johnson or a safety/CB like Cooper Dejean........just don't.   

All makes sense until you realize Jeudy was drafted 15th overall and is considered at best a disappointment. 

I understand your thoughts. I agree they need cheap talent and if you can get cheap talent at WR that is great. You should be able to get even cheaper talent at C and S later in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

People on Cleveland radio this morning are questioning it as well.  

But in the end none of the moves they make matter because Watson is a total bust. 

They tried to make Flacco a god here all while he was leading the league in INT per attempt. All Flacco did was buy Stefanski another year.  

It will be interesting to see how many games they let Watson suck before benching him knowing the rest of the roster is solid. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, DJB said:

Now THAT was pretty amazing!! The one thing that puzzled, me though, was Jeudy's response in which he used "ninja." I assumed he was using it as an acronym, and the acronym traditionally stands for "no income, no job, no assets." 🤔

Edited by dave mcbride

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd put money on it only being a three year extension after his 5th year option with $28m guaranteed.  

Looks to be the case. His $13M fifth year option was already guaranteed. $28M more is now guaranteed as part of 3 additional years. The new years are at about $17.5M each. An additional $1.75M/season in incentives is possible. Certainly a bit of a risk.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/20/browns-jerry-jeudy-contract-details-clarity/

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Now THAT was pretty amazing!! The one thing that puzzled, me though, was Jeudy's response in which he used "ninja." I assumed he was using it as an acronym, and the acronym traditionally stands for "no income, no job, no assets." 🤔

No it was the N word he was referring to I think 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, DJB said:

Jeudy is a great route runner. The problem is he really lacks toughness and that’s an underrated part of being a WR. 

He’s afraid to go over the middle and get hit 

I wouldn't call him a great route runner, he was known to run lazy and sloppy routes in Denver. 

spotrac is showing clev restructured his 2024 5th yr option money of $12,987,000 into:

$1,125,000  2024 base

$2,372,400  2024-2028 each year (5) restructure bonus (might be a voidable yr)

(not showing the new money yet)

Edited by papazoid