Election Interference | Donald Trump + Stormy Daniels hush money case

9 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Why would his business cover up *****'s purchase?

Luckily for Trump, he never did pay back the National Enquirer for the McDougal story catch-and-kill.

Unluckily for Trump, that meant that when the Stormy Daniels story was being shopped, he'd have to pay out for it because the National Enquirer wasn't going to front the money this time.

So the Trump Organization paid to kill the story to benefit the campaign. The company ledger was falsified to cover up this fact.

He should have just paid out of the campaign fund and avoided all of this. Bringing in his company was a bad move.

• Like (+1) 2

Probably doesn’t mean much to Trump, but $1,000 is the max financial penalty available. The next penalty up is jail. I can’t imagine the judge wants that headache so he’ll probably just do fines for the gag order violations. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

No idea what Travis Media Group is but they seem to have no idea how any of this works. They should maybe do a little research before showing their whole a** like this.

• Eyeroll 1

"Keith Davidson, who was Stormy Daniels’s lawyer, just explained that he used pseudonyms for Daniels and Trump in the written deal he drew up, and that Trump’s pseudonym, as has been reported, was David Dennison. Joshua Steinglass, the prosecutor, asks Davidson if David Dennison was a real person and Davidson responds that he was, and that they were hockey teammates. “How’s he feel about you now?” Steinglass asks. “He’s very upset,” Davidson responds to general laughter."

(per NYT)

Ok, that's pretty funny

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Does he have enough money to make ads? 🤣Evangelical Christians be like

🤷‍♂️

I don't think anyone would consider Trump a Christian in good standing. The guy on the other side and his crackhead son isn't much better. That's why you vote for the policies and not the person.

• Like (+1) 1

The actual evidence at trial - I've been trying to follow the reporting of people who've actually been in the courtroom or overflow video room.

So far, the prosecution case is pretty solid, but there's one big gap: no one has tied the hush money payment directly to Trump. Trump will still have the defense that he had deputized Michael Cohen to just take care of little things like this. A kind of, "Mike, I don't need to know everything that comes up, I trust your judgment to just take care of it."

It seems that Cohen will be the only guy to actually testify that Trump himself o.k.'d (or dreamed up) the plan. And Cohen is a sleaze. So it'll all come down to that.