4 women of "cougar" age kill actual cougar

Beck Water

Strap this story on with your breakfast coffee.

5 women, average age 59, were cycling near Seattle when they saw 2 cougars.  One of the cougars leaped, grabbed the jaw of one cyclist, and dragged her off her bike by the head.  (Cougars kill prey by crushing their heads and necks).

The 4 other cyclists jumped off their bikes and ran to the rescue, hitting the cougar with rocks and sticks and trying to choke it and stab it with a pocket knife for fifteen (15) minutes, until it loosened its grip and the attacked cyclist got away.  They then pinned the cougar to the ground with a bicycle and a large rock for 30 minutes until help arrived.

e6bc71f1d884079f1aba49a058e6871d

That's the cougar, on the bottom there, covered with bikes, a rock, and three bad-ass women.

OK, they didn't actually kill the cougar - a Fish and Wildlife officer responded to the 911 call and shot it.  But from the photo, that was a 'mercy shot' 

Memo to Mack Hollins: I'd take your diet advice from these ladies, 'cuz, Savage.  If they eat soup, Drink Up.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

• Beck Water changed the title to 4 women of "cougar" age kill actual cougar
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

local predator killed by biker gang.

What I can't get over is the persistence of those women.  15 minutes the thing had its jaws around their friend

McDermott needs this story for one of his little pre-game speeches on working together and never giving up.

"If 4 older ladies can take out an actual predatory cougar that's trying to actually kill and eat one of their friends, I KNOW you actual grown ass men can lace your cleats up and take care of 53 guys wearing stripes and calling themselves tigers."

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What I can't get over is the persistence of those women.  15 minutes the thing had its jaws around their friend

McDermott needs this story for one of his little pre-game speeches on working together and never giving up.

"If 4 older ladies can take out an actual predatory cougar that's trying to actually kill and eat one of their friends, I KNOW you actual grown ass men can lace your cleats up and take care of 53 guys wearing stripes and calling themselves tigers."

nope

"if 4 old ladies can work together and unite their focus to obtain one common goal it is as powerful as anything. they did not need to plan and they just reacted. imagine if we plan? we can do something even more magnificent. look what just a handful of muslims did when working together? without good team work 9/11 would not happen. anything is possible if we work together and one common goal is there"

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think he’ll save this one for a playoff game against thew Bengals. It’s GOLD! 

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

nope

"if 4 old ladies can work together and unite their focus to obtain one common goal it is as powerful as anything. they did not need to plan and they just reacted. imagine if we plan? we can do something even more magnificent. look what just a handful of muslims did when working together? without good team work 9/11 would not happen. anything is possible if we work together and one common goal is there"

In that theme, he'd talk about the determination of the cougar to not let go for 15 minutes of the absolute worst beating of it's life as it was canonized into the Seatle chapter of Mary Kay.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

In that theme, he'd talk about the determination of the cougar to not let go for 15 minutes of the absolute worst beating of it's life as it was canonized into the Seatle chapter of Mary Kay.

the narrative headline you placed above captures everything about this whole story so perfectly.

or

local endangered wildlife assaulted and killed by local biker group.

Edited by boyst

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, boyst said:

the narrative headline you placed above captures everything about this whole story so perfectly.

or

local endangered wildlife assaulted and killed by local biker group.

"As a species, cougars are not considered endangered"

Two subspecies, the Florida Panther and the Costa Rican Puma, are endangered.  The ordinary Western variety?

Nah.

47 minutes ago, boater said:

I like cougars. The ones on bikes.

They can be pretty hot, No Cap.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

"As a species, cougars are not considered endangered"

Two subspecies, the Florida Panther and the Costa Rican Puma, are endangered.  The ordinary Western variety?

Nah.

They can be pretty hot, No Cap.

if it can be killed by a bunch of old ladies on bike it's in serious danger. 😜

Just now, boyst said:

if it can be killed by a bunch of old ladies on bike it's in serious danger. 😜

Do Not Blaspheme the Fitness of Cougar Biker Chicks by calling them a "bunch of old ladies on bike".

You have no idea.  Those mountain trails around those parts - they would drop you like a lead balloon.

You would be "chick'd", for reals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Do Not Blaspheme the Fitness of Cougar Biker Chicks by calling them a "bunch of old ladies on bike".

You have no idea.  Those mountain trails around those parts - they would drop you like a lead balloon.

You would be "chick'd", for reals.

new kink unlocked.

• Haha (+1) 1

as urban sprawl encroaches on these animals territories they will be getting closer and closer. In California there is abundant wildlife.

But around me it is a ton of coyotes and they prowl my neighborhood incessantly.  a lot of walkers carry sticks to help fend them off. That many .

They will crap on the sidewalks. You know it is a coyote and not a dog when you see hair sticking out of it GROSS. But happens where I live quite often.

People catch images of them on ring cameras all the time. they hop 6 foot fences like nothing. NO domestic cats are seen outdoors. Here they would be food Very shortly.

5 hours ago, muppy said:

as urban sprawl encroaches on these animals territories they will be getting closer and closer. In California there is abundant wildlife.

But around me it is a ton of coyotes and they prowl my neighborhood incessantly.  a lot of walkers carry sticks to help fend them off. That many .

They will crap on the sidewalks. You know it is a coyote and not a dog when you see hair sticking out of it GROSS. But happens where I live quite often.

People catch images of them on ring cameras all the time. they hop 6 foot fences like nothing. NO domestic cats are seen outdoors. Here they would be food Very shortly.

I wouldn't say coyotes are that numerous here.  But we do see them.  The other day I saw one trotting along the railway embankment 3 blocks south of here.  I had my dog with me (and no stick).  I was surprised how big it was - I read that they're 20-50 lbs and 24" at the shoulder but I would have said this one was easily 30", it was bigger than my 22" 50 lb dog for real.  I kept my dog at heel and shushed her when she wanted to bark at it.  It was minding its own business and I wanted to keep it that way.

Of course, it could have been a coy dog or a coy wolf.

Hair sticking out could just mean a feral dog, we have a couple packs of them too.  They're much more of a menace than wildlife IMO because usually wildlife are timid and wary (at least coyotes) but dogs usually have no fear of people at all.

Someone reported 4 domestic rabbits in a particular area a week ago and then on Friday was all "I can't find a trace of them" well durrr.  If not coyotes we have hawks and barred owls, too.

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I wouldn't say coyotes are that numerous here.  But we do see them.  The other day I saw one trotting along the railway embankment 3 blocks south of here.  I had my dog with me (and no stick).  I was surprised how big it was - I read that they're 20-50 lbs and 24" at the shoulder but I would have said this one was easily 30", it was bigger than my 22" 50 lb dog for real.  I kept my dog at heel and shushed her when she wanted to bark at it.  It was minding its own business and I wanted to keep it that way.

Of course, it could have been a coy dog or a coy wolf.

Hair sticking out could just mean a feral dog, we have a couple packs of them too.  They're much more of a menace than wildlife IMO because usually wildlife are timid and wary (at least coyotes) but dogs usually have no fear of people at all.

Someone reported 4 domestic rabbits in a particular area a week ago and then on Friday was all "I can't find a trace of them" well durrr.  If not coyotes we have hawks and barred owls, too.

haha if there were a ring of feral dogs here I am certain this would have made the news. We have rural areas but not THAT kind of rural at least in San Diego county where I live

my dog gets a whiff or hear one and she goes OFF. It's the only time you hear a peep from her. I walked past one once it was next to my trash bin and I didn't see it. It wily coyotyed out of my way THANK GOD. I only saw its shadow. scared the crap out of me .

size can be very skinny scrawny 25 pounds or I've seen a few stout ones running 60 pounds easy. Owls/ hawks  can carry a 10 pound dog or cat here too. Predators? Oh Yes of all sizes and variety.  I bet some of them eat poisoned dead rats and it makes them sick and die too. With all this rain the furries are flourishing. OR dying in flood areas. anyway.

Edited by muppy

one last thought. Those women in Seattle were bad ass to be brave enough to trap it. Fighting it off a GF would mean flight or fight and they fought Holy crap.

To the Bitter end and awaiting help trapping that beast  again I say  Holy Crap  

LADIES. I am NOT messing with you all nope 🙂 awesome work. LIFE STORY to the Nth degree. Gotta love it.

MEOW

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

haha if there were a ring of feral dogs here I am certain this would have made the news. We have rural areas but not THAT kind of rural at least in San Diego county where I live

You don't necessarily have to be that rural to have feral dogs, and they don't necessarily make the news.  (Sometimes they aren't truly feral, they're pets that irresponsible bahstahd owners let loose at night to have a run, and they join up in packs before innocently heading home)

We have a city park I used to run in after work with some colleagues.  We were minding our own business passing through a wooded portion of the trail and the pack came out of a culvert towards us.  The guy I was running with yelled stomped his feet and they ran off into the woods while we beat feet into open ground (but kept a careful listen).  Wished I'd had pepper spray.  The park has deer, rabbits, ground hogs - all kinds of dog food.

A bit later, the feral dogs in the park did make the news when they got into the zoo somehow and killed several African antelope.  Poor antelope were penned up, didn't have a chance.  After that the city Got Real about dog trapping.  Don't know if they're still there.  I do see dog-ish poo with hair in it sometimes and we occasionally smell Long Dead Critters while we're walking our pup.

This cougar had probably tried to to cross the road lawfully many times and experienced the arrogance of the spandex mafia.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he finally got fed up and snapped.  It’s happened to many drivers.

Good on the women for fighting back though.  Most spandex mafiosos would have stopped, got on their mobile phone, posted something to Instagram about how the cougar was in the wrong by expecting them to actually follow the rules of the road, watch their friend get dragged into the woods, then pedal away in their yellow outfits.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

Those are some badass women👍

On 3/18/2024 at 10:39 AM, Beck Water said:

Strap this story on with your breakfast coffee.

5 women, average age 59, were cycling near Seattle when they saw 2 cougars.  One of the cougars leaped, grabbed the jaw of one cyclist, and dragged her off her bike by the head.  (Cougars kill prey by crushing their heads and necks).

The 4 other cyclists jumped off their bikes and ran to the rescue, hitting the cougar with rocks and sticks and trying to choke it and stab it with a pocket knife for fifteen (15) minutes, until it loosened its grip and the attacked cyclist got away.  They then pinned the cougar to the ground with a bicycle and a large rock for 30 minutes until help arrived.

e6bc71f1d884079f1aba49a058e6871d

That's the cougar, on the bottom there, covered with bikes, a rock, and three bad-ass women.

OK, they didn't actually kill the cougar - a Fish and Wildlife officer responded to the 911 call and shot it.  But from the photo, that was a 'mercy shot' 

Memo to Mack Hollins: I'd take your diet advice from these ladies, 'cuz, Savage.  If they eat soup, Drink Up.

• Thank you (+1) 2