Nathan Peterman - Signs with Saints

GoBills!

22 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame them but I don’t like it either. It’s a different form of nepotism. It’s like, “he’s an easy personality to have in the room and not a real threat to the job.” More power to him, but I think it’s BS that a more qualified individual doesn’t get the opportunity because he’s a known “nice guy.”

Oh you mean like Matt Barkley?

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh you mean like Matt Barkley?

Lol, there are a lot of guys between “last QB on an NFL roster and Peterman.” Barkley is actually one of them. There are others as well, many of whom are closer to the last guy than Barkley.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, there are a lot of guys between “last QB on an NFL roster and Peterman.” Barkley is actually one of them. There are others as well, many of whom are closer to the last guy than Barkley.

Barkley more qualified than Peterman? They are both terrible.  Barkley was only brought in (twice) because he's a "nice guy" to Josh Allen.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Barkley more qualified than Peterman? They are both terrible.  Barkley was only brought in (twice) because he's a "nice guy" to Josh Allen.

Both are terrible. Barkley is less terrible. He’s closer to Peterman than to the last guy on a roster but he is still in between the 2. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:16 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame them but I don’t like it either. It’s a different form of nepotism. It’s like, “he’s an easy personality to have in the room and not a real threat to the job.” More power to him, but I think it’s BS that a more qualified individual doesn’t get the opportunity because he’s a known “nice guy.”

it’s wild that dozens of other guys that are better can’t be pleasant and hardworking 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s wild that dozens of other guys that are better can’t be pleasant and hardworking 

Weird used Barkley as an example. He stinks. He’s better than Peterman and seems to be a good teammate. He’s a smart guy.

I understand maybe not wanting to bring someone like Cam in (even though that feels nuts). You might say that he isn’t a guy that you want breathing down the neck for a starter. You’d think a guy like Danny Etling is a better “shot” at this point than Peterman. 

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Both are terrible. Barkley is less terrible. He’s closer to Peterman than to the last guy on a roster but he is still in between the 2. 

44 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Nate rightly or wrongly learned how to play the game. I guarantee he is the most dedicated backup QB in the game right now. He’s getting the starter coffee, turning on the projector, prepping the film. he’s probably doing it all.

Good for him. His body wouldn’t allow him to be an NFL player, but he’s gonna get an NFL pension because he knows his role and does it the best.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The degrees of terrible—that’s a hair I can’t split