Arik Armstead released, signs with Jax

On 3/14/2024 at 10:21 AM, Gregg said:

Isn't his wife a WNY girl. If so, you know the deal.... happy wife happy life.  Granted the Bills have to be in the ballpark $$$$ wise but I would say they have a shot here.

Happy Told You So GIF by DINOSALLY   told you so

Edited by Yawning Frog
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 7:21 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that this didn't come to fruition until Armstead was off the table. I don't think we could have made Armstead AND Samuel happen.

It goes back to what I was saying from the get go on this thread. If it comes down to heavily investing into DL and putting less into WR or investing more in WR and putting less into DL - the choice was obvious IMO.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did. You can still get decent guys behind Oliver and Jones without paying the bounty it would have cost for Armstead. Getting Josh help was more important.

in the end thats too much money for him period. But the market does what it will :)

Bills could not should not have matched.

and

Hello Curtis 🤩

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This morning from a friend who knows Beane VERY well. He sees him multiple times a week and apparently he was pretty pissed when this deal fell through. Armstead just went totally dark after the verbal.

The agreement was that Buffalo could match the deal right… They essentially had last dibs on a contract was the report…

Maybe he knew Buffalo wouldn’t match it and didn’t waste their time. 

I mean let’s say he does and Jacksonville say “never mind”. Loses out on potentially his last big pay day. 

No way were we ever paying that price for him. 

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

The agreement was that Buffalo could match the deal right… They essentially had last dibs on a contract was the report…

Maybe he knew Buffalo wouldn’t match it and didn’t waste their time. 

Not sure but he was pissed after the deal with Jax went through. That leads me to believe that he would have matched it but never had the chance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Not sure but he was pissed after the deal with Jax went through. That leads me to believe that he would have matched it but never had the chance.

worked out better for this place.  There would have been food fights if we paid him 17m a year 

we may not have gotten Samuel if we paid Arik 17M per.   Whatever, guy didn't want to be here. Have fun on the Jaguars 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This morning from a friend who knows Beane VERY well. He sees him multiple times a week and apparently he was pretty pissed when this deal fell through. Armstead just went totally dark after the verbal.

If this is the case, I’m huge Armstead fan.  Stop spending big money on old injury prone defensive players!

Beane hasn’t had a very good track record signing FA DT’s with the exception of Jones.