I think I have to bail on all offseason NFL media coverage

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

boo hoo. You could bail on all of it ya know. Just watch the games.

Newsflash: the Chiefs are the standard bearers right now - they’ve won back to back titles. All NFL teams, especially AFC contending teams like the Bills, will be compared to them. If you just can’t handle that without whinging about it maybe football’s not for you.

if in-depth Bills-only coverage attracted enough eyeballs to make money for national NFL media outlets, guess what? You’d be seeing it. Seriously what are we even doing here anymore. Just manbaby central.

You seem like a pleasant fellow 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Yes. Cincy played defense. They cracked the code on Mahomes. 

Is it just unfamiliarity with Reid and Cincy’s coach? There could be some truth to that but it’s more about how their team is built. It could be both. Nothing is ever absolute. All we can really go by is the absolute beatings they gave us, and then KC. I don’t think anyone would argue that they’re not the much better coached team and scheme.

Cincy has shown that they can be calm and calculated on offense whether they’re up by 10 or down by ten. We have not shown that in the McD era. They also have a defense that doesn’t give up 17 points in 3 minutes of play. We haven’t shown any of that maturation at any point in the Josh era. They also have a disruptive D-line once the playoffs starts, another thing we haven’t seen in the McD era for the exception of the Raven’s game. They are pretty much everything that we should want to be. All of the things needed to win a championship.

Cincy almost won that SB, so not only did they beat KC, they almost and probably should have won that SB. They are the team that’s in the way of KC winning 3 more SB’s, not us. 

We are basically a “tune-up” game for both of those teams, a dress-rehearsal game and that really sucks. Our last 3 games against Cincy were probably the most lop-sided meaningful games in the McD era.

Every once in a while you’ see a fan ask “is this team not very talented and is being coached up or are they underperforming with a crappy coach?” Are they a poor roster that’s actually overachieving?

I still don’t think we can answer that question which isn’t good moving forward. It’s obviously both but to what extent? Is it just a piss-poor roster and coach that’s being carried by a star QB? It very well could be. We still don’t know because the team has never showed any poise.

Cincy also were hosed by some terrible calls in the 2022 AFC Championship Game against the Chiefs … that game was a robbery …

I still maintain that the Bills 2021-23 teams were capable of beating either team … I can’t explain what happened in that Division round loss to Cincy by the Bills in 2022 … they didn’t even seem to have the proper cleats in their shoes at the start of the game  ….and neither side of the football showed up to play,.. It was the most disappointing game the Bills have played in a long time …

On 3/8/2024 at 9:36 AM, SCBills said:

I hear ya, but have to admit that any move we make.. my sole focus is “how does this set us up against KC?”

No matter what the other AFCE teams do, we’ve been able to win the East.

We have two other main contenders in Baltimore and Cincinnati.  One we typically beat, the other we struggle against. 

But nothing else matters until we can get out of the AFC.. and for Buffalo, Cinci, Baltimore.. every move is made with an eye on the Chiefs. 

It is what it is. 

And that’s why I’m glad we’re not running it back, on defense anyway,, 

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

At least I’m not permanently aggrieved and constantly whining.

Why are you interacting with my whining? Go get some air, you don’t need to read or respond. You sound like a giant whiner yourself. 

On 3/8/2024 at 8:31 AM, The 9 Isles said:

Any time I see anything about the Bills or Josh Allen almost immediately the Chiefs and Mahomes are brought into the conversation. 

I just want my Bills news, I don’t want to continually be reminded of Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs and their Superbowls and how the Bills always lose to them and blah blah blah……

It is so aggravating that not only do they win but whenever my team is spoken about I need to hear all the superlatives about the crown prince and his team. 

I will be using this board to curate my NFL news this offseason, thank you to all the contributors that wade through the mud of the NFL offseason. 

I can’t wait until the Bills and JA win one and finally get all these people to STFU. 

(carve out for Rich Eisen, he always has Buffalo’s back)

It’s not even close to how bad it is with our own fan base. People can’t even talk about the team without mentioning 13 seconds or how someone on the team is trash. So not sure what the problem w the media is when this board does exactly what you are talking about daily. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cincy also were hosed by some terrible calls in the 2022 AFC Championship Game against the Chiefs … that game was a robbery …

I still maintain that the Bills 2021-23 teams were capable of beating either team … I can’t explain what happened in that Division round loss to Cincy by the Bills in 2022 … they didn’t even seem to have the proper cleats in their shoes at the start of the game  ….and neither side of the football showed up to play,.. It was the most disappointing game the Bills have played in a long time …

In 2021 a horrible series of late game coaching decisions cost us a shot at a SB.

In 2022 a horrible series of events exhausted the team emotionally. 

In 2023 a horrible series of injuries kept us from competing. 

Just once I wish we'd get some breaks. Just once.

On 3/9/2024 at 1:45 PM, julian said:

lol paranoid ? The thread was about the media coverage and I gave my take, of course there’s a difference between the average football fans take on the Bills and the media take, that’s the point.

If the media were telling the story of an underachieving playoff team due to it’s overrated head coach and lack of elite level talent and bad luck, then most average fans wouldn’t bat an eye or even notice. Having the media talking about Allen’s inability to beat Mahomes on almost every Bills segment is nauseating.

The Bills are in this position to get piled on because they are a contender, so I get why, I’d just like to see more in depth reality as to the reasons why and not just Allen can’t beat Mahomes.

Thanks for explaining yourself.  Narrowing it down to the media always saying "why can't Allen beat Mahomes" makes more sense.  That is always the simplistic and lazy version of things.  Its a team game, way more then individual.  So there can be a lot more reasons then QB 1 beating QB 2.  But most in the national media just go for the easy take, and don't dig real deep.