Allen needs to mentally overpower Mahomes

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

Brady is Nicklaus.  Mahomes is Tiger.  Allen is Colin Montgomerie.

I have heard than when teams start winning a lot of Super Bowls, their fans get a little bored, and it's not quite enough. They feel a need to go to other team's boards as kind of a "hope police," to make sure those fans don't get any strange ideas about winning a title, or being excited about their team.

Your team won less than a week ago, and you're here talking down the Bills' team construction, players and chances for a title, and doing the laughing emoji thing & all that.  

Not something I would be doing if my team won.  Ever.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Know what they call that?

A goalpost move.  It's what people do when they're losing a debate.

Yes, the guy saying that Mahomes with his 3 championships, 2 MVPs, 3 Super Bowl MVPs, and 3 wins in 3 postseason games head to head is better than Allen is losing the debate to the guy saying that Allen is the better QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, Billl said:

Yes, the guy saying that Mahomes with his 3 championships, 2 MVPs, 3 Super Bowl MVPs, and 3 wins in 3 postseason games head to head is better than Allen is losing the debate to the guy saying that Allen is the better QB.

I didn't say Allen was the better QB.  In fact, I said the opposite.

Edited by Success

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I have heard than when teams start winning a lot of Super Bowls, their fans get a little bored, and it's not quite enough. They feel a need to go to other team's boards as kind of a "hope police," to make sure those fans don't get any strange ideas about winning a title, or being excited about their team.

Your team won less than a week ago, and you're here talking down the Bills' team construction, players and chances for a title, and doing the laughing emoji thing & all that.  

I’ve been posting here regularly since before Mahomes ever stepped on the field.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Billl said:

I’ve been posting here regularly since before Mahomes ever stepped on the field.

Good for you.

Then you shouldn't expect to come here & find every single poster bowing down to the majesty of Mahomes & KC.  You shouldn't expect to come here and find Bills fans moping around in misery, saying "woe is us, we will never beat the mighty Chiefs."  You shouldn't expect to come here finding thread after thread praising your team & coach.

And there is already a lot of that.  But this is a fan board, and most here are Bills fans.  I'm sorry that your main board is one of the most toxic places in the universe, but if you come here, at least be aware that this board is not dedicated to pumping up KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Chiefs fans have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to Allen, don't take it personally

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

Brady is Nicklaus.  Mahomes is Tiger.  Allen is Colin Montgomerie.

I’ve been fair minded when it comes to Mahomes on here. To the point of being accused of not being a Bills fan. lol 

So let’s be objective about our qb on our board. You cannot possibly think Allen is Colin Montgomerie. Unless you’re just trash talking. I’d say Allen is Phil in golf context. It took Phil a little while to get his majors but he got there. Allen will too. To say he won’t ever is ridiculous. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

And you're also contradicting yourself here - you said yourself recently that Beane hadn't built a Super Bowl-caliber roster.  Much of what you posted above are team accomplishments.

I actually laugh when I see the head-to-head in the playoffs arguments now, from anyone.  I also laugh when Pats fans say that Mahomes can never be the GOAT, because Brady beat him in both head-to-heads.  As though they were playing each other, and not the other team's defense.

Edited by Success

40 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I’ve been fair minded when it comes to Mahomes on here. To the point of being accused of not being a Bills fan. lol 

So let’s be objective about our qb on our board. You cannot possibly think Allen is Colin Montgomerie. Unless you’re just trash talking. I’d say Allen is Phil in golf context. It took Phil a little while to get his majors but he got there. Allen will too. To say he won’t ever is ridiculous. 

He’s Montgomerie in the sense that he’s one of the best ever to not win a major.  Colin is in the golf HOF, so that’s not an insult to Josh.  Josh can absolutely win a title(s), and if/when he does, the Montgomerie comparison would no longer apply.  

Marino is the standard bearer for great QBs who never won a ring.  He did make a Super Bowl and won an MVP award, though.  I think Josh has at least a 50-50 chance of winning one.  At that point, you start talking about his place in history and how he compares to guys like Favre and Elway.  If he doesn’t ever break through, he’ll forever be on the list with Moon, Kelly, Marino, etc.  It’s not necessarily fair, but that’s reality.

I do think that OBD will be wasting a year of his career if they try to make a run in 2024 by hanging onto players who are on the downside of their careers.  What’s more is that they’ll be throwing up roadblocks in the future by pushing bad contracts into future seasons thus potentially wasting additional years of his career which would be a crime.  As a Chiefs fan, I want Mahomes to win every title from now until the end of time, but in the years that the Chiefs don’t win it, I’d much rather see a team like the Bills win than someone like the Eagles or Bengals.

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s Montgomerie in the sense that he’s one of the best ever to not win a major.  Colin is in the golf HOF, so that’s not an insult to Josh.  Josh can absolutely win a title(s), and if/when he does, the Montgomerie comparison would no longer apply.  

Marino is the standard bearer for great QBs who never won a ring.  He did make a Super Bowl and won an MVP award, though.  I think Josh has at least a 50-50 chance of winning one.  At that point, you start talking about his place in history and how he compares to guys like Favre and Elway.  If he doesn’t ever break through, he’ll forever be on the list with Moon, Kelly, Marino, etc.  It’s not necessarily fair, but that’s reality.

I do think that OBD will be wasting a year of his career if they try to make a run in 2024 by hanging onto players who are on the downside of their careers.  What’s more is that they’ll be throwing up roadblocks in the future by pushing bad contracts into future seasons thus potentially wasting additional years of his career which would be a crime.  As a Chiefs fan, I want Mahomes to win every title from now until the end of time, but in the years that the Chiefs don’t win it, I’d much rather see a team like the Bills win than someone like the Eagles or Bengals.

That's actually a good recovery.  But your original post was to get a rise out of Bills fans.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/12/2024 at 11:30 PM, John from Riverside said:

Statistically, Josh Allen outplayed Mahomes on that day but we still lost

Why?

Because the bills will be ready to win a Super Bowl whenever the players around Josh Allen make plays when it matters

It really is a simple as that

Not just the players but the coaches also

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Chiefs fans have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to Allen, don't take it personally

900 threads about KC but it’s KC fans that have an inferiority complex? 

You can say plenty of things about Chiefs fans but I don’t think that’s one of them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

900 threads about KC but it’s KC fans that have an inferiority complex? 

You can say plenty of things about Chiefs fans but I don’t think that’s one of them. 

Maybe not an "inferiority" complex. But I find the fact that KC fans are posting here less than a week after winning their 3rd title, and particularly the tone & focus of their posts, to be a bit odd.

It is so far from what I'd be doing if the Bills ever get one.  

Edited by Success

11 hours ago, Success said:

Maybe not an "inferiority" complex. But I find the fact that KC fans are posting here less than a week after winning their 3rd title, and particularly the tone & focus of their posts, to be a bit odd.

It is so far from what I'd be doing if the Bills ever get one.  

I don’t think anybody created an acct just to come here and gloat. I know I’m not here for that. 

But I do chime in when there’s an inaccurate narrative. It’s no different than Bills fans getting triggered by every little thing that the media allegedly says or doesn’t say about Allen. 

3 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I don’t think anybody created an acct just to come here and gloat. I know I’m not here for that. 

But I do chime in when there’s an inaccurate narrative. It’s no different than Bills fans getting triggered by every little thing that the media allegedly says or doesn’t say about Allen. 

You go around to other team's boards to correct inaccurate narratives?

Man, that would be exhausting for me.  Most boards have very hardcore fans, and the narratives are all over the place. But I think hardcore fans are allowed to have more exaggerated views on their team.  It would never occur to me to be some sort of "narrative police" on another team's board, and try to correct fans all the time.

Fans are allowed to be excited about their team.  They're allowed to think in more partisan terms about their team & their players, on their own board, without getting laughing emojis from fans of a team who has been their main obstacle & who just won another title a week ago.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.