What's next for Michigan?

jkeerie

Yeah, it'll be Sherrone Moore.  Players love him, least amount of attrition, and the culture stays.  He's been there 6 or 7 years in come capacity.  The bigger thing will be if Minter goes with Harbaugh, which he probably will.  It'll be replacing both coordinators and any other position coaches who leave.

I think Michigan turns back into a good, but not great program. Harbaugh absolutely maximized everything they had. He got them a CFP Championship. Now it will be back to 10 or 11 win seasons for Meeechigan. 

On 1/25/2024 at 6:00 PM, jkeerie said:

Okay...I'm a Penn State alum and fan but I know there are a number of Michigan fans in this forum.  So with Harbaugh's departure for the NFL, what are your thoughts regarding Michigan's next head coach?

he will face penalties and sanctions for violations.

16 hours ago, H2o said:

I think Michigan turns back into a good, but not great program. Harbaugh absolutely maximized everything they had. He got them a CFP Championship. Now it will be back to 10 or 11 win seasons for Meeechigan. 

Before Harbaugh they had two double digit win seasons in eleven years. Then Jim went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, 2-4 before they became contenders the last three years. 

So the "good not great" years were actually the first 6 years of the Harbaugh era. What came before that wasn't good in any way shape or form. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Former Giants DC Wink Martindale will become the DC for Michigan.

Adam Schefter on X: "Michigan is planning to hire former Giants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale as its defensive coordinator, per sources. Deal still is being finalized but it is not expected to be an issue. Martindale will replace Jesse Minter, who became the Chargers defensive coordinator. https://t.co/O0KhhAIkUQ" / X (twitter.com)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.