Mix and match Allen/Mahomes and Reid/McDermott

Lifefan1

Andy Reid went 20 years without winning a Super Bowl. His playoff record was was 11-13. KC drafted Mahomes, since that time he has two Super Bowl wins and is 13-3 in the playoffs. Why does everybody think it's Andy Reid or the roster? The clear smoking gun is Mahomes, just like it was Brady in New England. 

So if Allen is on that level what is holding Buffalo back? I don't believe we can conclude it's the roster. Patriots and Chiefs didn't win all those Super Bowls because the roster. For my dollar Reid and Belichick help. Sean hurts. What happens when you partner a hall of fame QB with a crappy head coach? Divisional losses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do you not remember how bad the Bills roster was, especially at the offensive skill positions?  Also, 2018 was Mahomes 2nd year where he had 2 full camps, 1 full season under his belt and played in one regular season game already.  Plus he had 2 HOF weapons in Hill and Kelce with one of the greatest offensive minds and QB developers in history.  

Allen had squat...fat KB and a mentally shot Zay Jones who couldn't get open or catch.  

Mahomes threw for nearly 300 yards in his first nfl start his rookie year. He’s that dude. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This year his defense is elite though. Only reason they’re here. 

Yeah, the two time MVP qb isn’t a huge part of the reason they are there. 

I get this is coping but putting Mahomes down to cope is a wild move. There are zero other fanbases that would try to discredit how great he is. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This year his defense is elite though. Only reason they’re here. 

Buffalo ranked better in DVOA than KC the last two years. Nobody would ever call them elite. As I have said, Andy Reid is not the reason, Sean is. It's either that or it's Josh. Our talent gap vs KC is not so severe that it serves as justification. I don't believe it's Josh. Andy was a permanent brides made prior to Mahomes. Something has to give.   

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Allen would have 6 straight afccg appearances and 2 superbowl rings if they switched teams on their draft nights

Maybe 3 super bowl rings as he would have been better able to handle Tampa Bays pass rush in that game.

14 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

So if Allen is on that level what is holding Buffalo back? I don't believe we can conclude it's the roster. Patriots and Chiefs didn't win all those Super Bowls because the roster. For my dollar Reid and Belichick help. Sean hurts. What happens when you partner a hall of fame QB with a crappy head coach? Divisional losses. 

McD is what's holding them back.  After that it's the decision to focus on defense at the expense of the offense. 

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Allen was never making the AFCCG as a rookie in 2018.

Do you not remember how different these dudes’ 2018’s were lol. Josh had like 10 passing TD’s, Mahomes had 50.

And Mahomes wasn't throwing 50 TD's in Buffalo in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mahomes won a SB and MVP after trading Tyreek Hill.

he is in the afc championship game with a bottom 5 wide receiver core. 

mahomes would win wherever he is. 

No one is disputing that Mahomes wouldn't win what is up for discussion is whether or not Mahomes would be going to AFCC games every year and winning a couple of Super Bowls in Buffalo.  After all Allen wins a lot of games and has led the Bills to 5 straight playoff appearances and 4 straight division titles.  I have no doubt that Mahomes would have equaled that production under McD had he been here.

As an aside I shudder at the thought of the offense Reid would fashion with Allen.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Maybe 3 super bowl rings as he would have been better able to handle Tampa Bays pass rush in that game.

McD is what's holding them back.  After that it's the decision to focus on defense at the expense of the offense. 

And Mahomes wasn't throwing 50 TD's in Buffalo in 2018.

Mahomes was amazing in that TB Super Bowl considering how bad their o line play was. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Allen was never making the AFCCG as a rookie in 2018.

Do you not remember how different these dudes’ 2018’s were lol. Josh had like 10 passing TD’s, Mahomes had 50.

Mahomes did not make it as a rookie either

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No one is disputing that Mahomes wouldn't win what is up for discussion is whether or not Mahomes would be going to AFCC games every year and winning a couple of Super Bowls in Buffalo.  After all Allen wins a lot of games and has led the Bills to 5 straight playoff appearances and 4 straight division titles.  I have no doubt that Mahomes would have equaled that production under McD had he been here.

As an aside I shudder at the thought of the offense Reid would fashion with Allen.

The problem with is with how sensitive some are, if you say Mahomes would have won SBs here, you will get labeled as an Allen hater, when this has zero to do with Allen. 

The nfl league is mahomes and everybody else. IMO (and most non bills fans), Mahomes is one of the great qbs ever. He might be only qb who could have carried that KC offense with a Gabe Davis type rookie wr (Rice), literal garbage WRs, and declining Kelce to the title game. Allen is great as well. But it’s Mahomes and everyone else. 

and I think the Ravens will win. But the fact this pretty garbage KC team is even close shows his greatest. No other qb beats us on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mahomes was amazing in that TB Super Bowl considering how bad their o line play was. 

He was?  Mahomes stats for the Super Bowl against TB:  26 of 49 passes for 270 yards, 0 TD's & 2 INT's with a rating of 52.  Also 5 carries for 33 yards, 0 TD's.

Sure, the Chiefs O line was a wreck and Mahomes was running for his life but he still had a lot of weapons available. When Allen puts up numbers like this you people claim he sucked and if we point out a porous O line played a role you accuse us of making excuses for Allen.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

The problem with is with how sensitive some are, if you say Mahomes would have won SBs here, you will get labeled as an Allen hater, when this has zero to do with Allen. 

The nfl league is mahomes and everybody else. IMO (and most non bills fans), Mahomes is one of the great qbs ever. He might be only qb who could have carried that KC offense with a Gabe Davis type rookie wr (Rice), literal garbage WRs, and declining Kelce to the title game. Allen is great as well. But it’s Mahomes and everyone else. 

and I think the Ravens will win. But the fact this pretty garbage KC team is even close shows his greatest. No other qb beats us on Sunday. 

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.  Allen is #2 IMO.  But I also believe that Mahomes would not have won or even gotten to a Super Bowl on the Bills teams of the last 6 years.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

He was?  Mahomes stats for the Super Bowl against TB:  26 of 49 passes for 270 yards, 0 TD's & 2 INT's with a rating of 52.  Also 5 carries for 33 yards, 0 TD's.

Sure, the Chiefs O line was a wreck and Mahomes was running for his life but he still had a lot of weapons available. When Allen puts up numbers like this you people claim he sucked and if we point out a porous O line played a role you accuse us of making excuses for Allen.

There was not one instance this year where Allen’s oline was as bad as Mahomes was in that SB. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

There was not one instance this year where Allen’s oline was as bad as Mahomes was in that SB. 

Maybe not this year but over the last 5 years there have been a lot of times the Bills O line was that bad and maybe even worse. Allen's play hides a lot of O line defects.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Maybe not this year but over the last 5 years there have been a lot of times the Bills O line was that bad and maybe even worse. Allen's play hides a lot of O line defects.

You think Allen is 20+ points better than Mahomes on the same team?

Just now, Mikie2times said:

You think Allen is 20+ points better than Mahomes on the same team?

I don't understand your question.  I'm not saying Allen on KC would have beat TB that year I'm saying that the way Allen plays the game he would have been in a better position to deal with the pass rush and having a beat up O line then Mahomes can. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Well you rarely see 3 receivers in the same space. He seems to run more playaction and move the pocket more. Uses a ton of motion. Not a lot of one read plays. 

dont forget the shovel pass.

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't understand your question.  I'm not saying Allen on KC would have beat TB that year I'm saying that the way Allen plays the game he would have been in a better position to deal with the pass rush and having a beat up O line then Mahomes can. 

That was my question

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.