Josh Allen the turnover machine

28 minutes ago, Cubanmist 1 said:

I hope Allen takes uses the offseason to work on his game and obviously take care of his body. I really don’t want to hear about about him golfing. That crap can wait until he wins a SB.

What?  I hope Allen gets away from football completely for 2 months, decompresses and plays so much golf folks will think he's on the PGA tour. The notion that he doesn't work out in the off season and plays to much golf is rubbish.  It is not supported by anything we see on the field from Allen.  It's actually slanderous IMO.  The out of shape, golf obsessed Allen played in all 19 games this season and amassed the following stats:

Passing:  4695 yards; 33 TD's & 18 INT's

Rushing:  670 yards; 18 TD's & 3 lost fumbles

Total:  5365 yards; 51 TD's & 21 TO;s

Team stats:12 - 7 record. Division title and playoff berth.

People who push this ridiculous narrative should be ashamed of themselves for exhibiting such a complete lack of football knowledge.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's clearly too conservative and careful with the ball for us to take the next step.

Yeah, just like Tyrod Taylor.  Josh needs to learn to be confident enough to throw his receivers open.  

/s of course

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Utah John said:

Yeah, just like Tyrod Taylor.  Josh needs to learn to be confident enough to throw his receivers open.  

/s of course

Yep he needs to have the confidence to throw the ball into tight windows! 

And of course NO off season golf.  I mean if Allen didn't play golf he would exceed 6,000 total yards rather then the measly 5000 yards he hit this year.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Cubanmist 1 said:

I hope Allen takes uses the offseason to work on his game and obviously take care of his body. I really don’t want to hear about about him golfing. That crap can wait until he wins a SB.

Patrick Mahomes is his golfing partner... it's not a coincidence that the two biggest QBs in the NFL are playing golf together... it is holistic and it's a GOOD thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I almost feel like Josh gets bored sometimes in the regular season which leads to some of his turnovers because I can tell that once playoffs come around and the games are obviously very important, he seems to hone in and play better and not turn the ball over a lot.  Like I could feel that he wasn't going to turn the ball over in these playoffs even though he had a lot of them this season.  The only turnover he almost had was the fumble late in the KC game that we fortunately recovered.

Sick of Josh having to enter God Mode every game just to get a first down. There’s no reason he needs to make impossible throws for a touchdown when other teams can scheme jobber receivers wide open 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/24/2024 at 10:53 AM, BBFL said:

Those Mahomes and Brees stats are wild for only playing 6 and 8 more games than Josh. 

For some reason I thought he would have more passing yards than 2700. I guess it’s balanced out by the rushing yards… Yeah, Pat isn’t that far behind him. 

Would never have anyone other than Josh until he retires but I get why people are so enamored and infatuated with Mahomes being the best. Stats and accolades give legitimate cause. 

Don’t believe the rest would have made that much difference. We had our bye-week @ 13… Only 2 teams had anything later; Cardinals & Redskins. 

I’d argue that having home field given the travel reduction is a bigger advantage than a week of rest… Thats just me though. 🤷‍♂️

The goal should always be the 1 seed by week 17.   With all our injuries late this year and suffered in the Steeler game, it would've made a huge difference. We basically would've been able to rest starters week 18, then get an extra week to heal.  Between week 18 and wild card we lost Gabe, Douglas, Rapp, Benford, Bernard, Spector.  And I'm sure Josh's shoulder and Stef's foot could've used 2 weeks off.  Home field has been proven inconsequential. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The goal should always be the 1 seed by week 17.   With all our injuries late this year and suffered in the Steeler game, it would've made a huge difference. We basically would've been able to rest starters week 18, then get an extra week to heal.  Between week 18 and wild card we lost Gabe, Douglas, Rapp, Benford, Bernard, Spector.  And I'm sure Josh's shoulder and Stef's foot could've used 2 weeks off.  Home field has been proven inconsequential. 

Correct but for where this season was ending that was off the cards and not something we could afford to do. Bernard and Benford would have been the only guys we didn’t lose out on by skipping the WC against Pitt. 

For that reason is where I stand that the HF advantage with a late bye week was just as good. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.