Josh Allen the turnover machine

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But aren't people like you always telling us that Allen's TO' prevent wins? So which is it?

huh?

18 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Wins area team stat not an individual stat and you know it

i do. and interceptions are not on a QB alone. I don't care about most INT's.

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of those turnovers are the fault of his receivers. Not saying Allen doesn’t deserve criticism for his bone headed decisions, but more of it should be placed on those guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But aren't people like you always telling us that Allen's TO' prevent wins? So which is it?

Josh’s turnovers led to key losses in the regular season, which cost us the chance to rest players in week 18 or potentially get a bye, which led to increased player injuries and an eventual playoff exit. Josh did not have any turnovers this postseason, but while AJ Klein was trying to cover Travis Kelce, all I could think about is the offense turning it over twice in 30 seconds against the Broncos with 1 min left in the half and Josh throwing 3 picks to Jordan Whitehead.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Bills said:

A lot of those turnovers are the fault of his receivers. Not saying Allen doesn’t deserve criticism for his bone headed decisions, but more of it should be placed on those guys. 

That my friend is very debatable in the playoffs. His team and his coaching staff hasn't been good enough

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Josh’s turnovers led to key losses in the regular season, which cost us the chance to rest players in week 18 or potentially get a bye, which led to increased player injuries and an eventual playoff exit. Josh did not have any turnovers this postseason, but while AJ Klein was trying to cover Travis Kelce, all I could think about is the offense turning it over twice in 30 seconds against the Broncos with 1 min left in the half and Josh throwing 3 picks to Jordan Whitehead.

You're kidding right? extrapolating out that way and ignoring that we were the number 2 seed playing at home is suspect

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

this is pure gold. well done.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

That my friend is very debatable in the playoffs. His team and his coaching staff hasn't been good enough

You're kidding right? extrapolating out that way and ignoring that we were the number 2 seed playing at home is suspect

I think we beat KC if we were the one seed and had the bye instead of playing the Steelers. 

Benford, Diggs, Spector, Martin, Bernard were all hurt in that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think we beat KC if we were the one seed and had the bye instead of playing the Steelers. 

Benford, Diggs, Spector, Martin, Bernard were all hurt in that game.

Lol, so the Bills would have had to have 3 more wins and the tie breaker to get the one seed over the Ravens who wouldn't have rested and would have won last games vs Steelers. All to lose in division round again making McDummie look even worse than he does now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shoulda beat KC twice and been in two more AFC Championship games.. ugh.  

Josh doesn't deserve to be saddled with the curse that hovers over our city.  He's a good man and a great QB.  A HOF'er.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I feel about as bad as one can feel for a guy making 45 million dollars a year. Josh has to be just about perfect for his team to have a chance against a good opponent in the playoffs because his coach and his defense will inevitably choke and even then it's not enough.

He has zero margin for error whereas guys like Mahomes can miss wide open TDs like he did early Sunday and not have to worry because the rest of his team will pick up the slack.

Allen is the best QB in the league and if he had any kind of competence patrolling the sideline, he'd have a super bowl or two by now.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure that there's much wiggle room for critizing Allen.  He's the only reason why we've made the playoffs on McD's watch.  His running game in particular.  His passing game is being suppressed in the interests of "complimentary football."  

The fact that he's done and doing what he's done and does with the absolute minimal level of support from Beane to date, while he and McD perpetually tinker with McD's mentally unhealthful pet D, is remarkable in and of itself.  

Anyone criticizing Allen, at all, doesn't have a clear picture of what's going on with the team.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Lol, so the Bills would have had to have 3 more wins and the tie breaker to get the one seed over the Ravens who wouldn't have rested and would have won last games vs Steelers. All to lose in division round again making McDummie look even worse than he does now.

Or we could have had the division locked up and rested starters week 18 like the Chiefs did.

Food for thought.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Those Mahomes and Brees stats are wild for only playing 6 and 8 more games than Josh. 

For some reason I thought he would have more passing yards than 2700. I guess it’s balanced out by the rushing yards… Yeah, Pat isn’t that far behind him. 

Would never have anyone other than Josh until he retires but I get why people are so enamored and infatuated with Mahomes being the best. Stats and accolades give legitimate cause. 

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Or we could have had the division locked up and rested starters week 18 like the Chiefs did.

Food for thought.

Don’t believe the rest would have made that much difference. We had our bye-week @ 13… Only 2 teams had anything later; Cardinals & Redskins. 

I’d argue that having home field given the travel reduction is a bigger advantage than a week of rest… Thats just me though. 🤷‍♂️

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.