I caused us to lose the game

I'm fairly sure I wore the wrong t-shirt.

Furthermore, my phone died mid-game and I had to go plug it into charge. From that moment on, it was all downhill for the Bills. I don't know why the placement of a cell phone in a slightly different physical space in Portland, OR affected the team so strongly, but who knows how this metaphysical correlation stuff works. It just does.

I accept my part in the loss. I will learn from it and be better next year.

Vxm7aD.gif

• Like (+1) 1

On Thursday I spoke with my sister who confidently asserted her belief that the bills were going to the Superbowl. I had felt the same way for the last two weeks at least. I felt really good being that guy who would have predicted the inevitable bills run. 

They used to trick me every year of the drought. Now the trick comes a little later in the season. My foolish optimism has doomed us again!

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Sorry, guys. It was my fault. Two major errors.

first, I decided to wear my Bruce Smith jersey during the game. The logic was sound, as I was trying to channel the spirit of the 1993 Bills team that beat KC at home during the AFCCG. The problem is that I had not tested out wearing it, and it obviously resulted in the classic reverse jinx.

Second, my one son and I decided not to watch any PAT or FG attempts during the game. We left the room, as my other son reported the result after the fact. Bass must have obviously felt that lack of faith, which caused him to miss his FG.

I am very sorry. I will try better. 

you make us sick. 🤢 we will continue to crucify you here for years to come. At least until you switch to another fan forum and you will suddenly become the best poster here ever. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

first, I decided to wear my Bruce Smith jersey during the game. The logic was sound, as I was trying to channel the spirit of the 1993 Bills team that beat KC at home during the AFCCG. The problem is that I had not tested out wearing it, and it obviously resulted in the classic reverse jinx.

Second, my one son and I decided not to watch any PAT or FG attempts during the game. We left the room, as my other son reported the result after the fact. Bass must have obviously felt that lack of faith, which caused him to miss his FG.

You selfish son of a b!tch. You left the Bills in the trenches, taking grenades. 

• Haha (+1) 1

LOL I'm about to go all yoda on you miyagi. TRY NOT...DO Better You Must

oh and give me 50 push ups

lmaoo it feels really good to laugh 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, poo said:

On Thursday I spoke with my sister who confidently asserted her belief that the bills were going to the Superbowl. I had felt the same way for the last two weeks at least. I felt really good being that guy who would have predicted the inevitable bills run. 

They used to trick me every year of the drought. Now the trick comes a little later in the season. My foolish optimism has doomed us again!

This is the exact kind of Woofing I referred to upthread! 😂

6 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I think maybe there was too much Woofing going on by Bills fans...me included...prior to the game. Its the same reason why we lost those 4 SBs.

Excerpt from the link:

I am a big fan of the Bills, and I believe that they can go all the way. However, I keep my mouth shut. Do my mere thoughts count as a woof, and am I the reason that the Bills have lost in three consecutive Super Bowls?

No--private thoughts do not apply. Only boasts which are written or
spoken to another person or group of people apply. Thus you are not
responsible for the Bill's failings. The reason the Bills lose in the
Super Bowl is twofold: First, lots of Bills fans engage in large-scale
woofing, and second, the Bills suck. (Cheer up, Buffalo fans. My comment
should aid them a little.)

The link to Woofing details:

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-oliver-faq#:~:text=Oliver's Woofing Theorem states%2C in,doomed to LOSE the competition

Could be something to this I apologize wooing gods and will be more considerate in the future

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Neo said:

It was me.   The lead was changing possession to possession.  Bills by four, Chiefs by three, and so on.   At 8:59 PM, late Q3 or early Q4, I sent the following text to my friend.  Cut and paste.

Three, seven three seven … it comes down to Tyler Bass missing a field goal … i’ll say 44 yarder.

Please change your username to NostraDammit.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let it out folks. This helps the healing process as it has since ..well, forever. I shut off the tv and went to bed when we punted after they scored to go ahead in the 4th. Been there way too many times. Wife woke up after me and yelled out “WELL??”. 

👎

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.