The 2nd and 9 endzone shot to Shakir

41 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If this is what the front office is asking and doing the Bills will never sniff a Super Bowl and will have wasted the career of one of the most gifted QB's in NFL history.  Honestly if Bean/McD goes this route then Allen needs to pack his bags and get out of town.  This kind of move by McD/Bean would make me reconsider my fandom. 

You’re right because the defense is fine just the way it is.  Thanks for being so correct so clearly, so often.  

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Dislike 1

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

You’re right because the defense is fine just the way it is.  Thanks for being so correct so clearly, so often.  

Not saying the D is fine it isn't though when healthy it's more then good enough.  What I am saying is that when you're blessed with a generational talent at QB the only logical thing to do is surround that QB with as much talent as you can even at the expense of the D. The Bills management has failed to do this.  If their reaction to yesterday's loss is to double down on making the D better at the expense of the offense then the Bills are doomed to repeating their division round exits from the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

For too long has this defense stole resources from the offense and its been vastly under performing when we need them most...3 playoff losses vs kc this defense has forced 4 TOTAL punts

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

For too long has this defense stole resources from the offense and its been vastly under performing when we need them most...3 playoff losses vs kc this defense has forced 4 TOTAL punts

Yep.. I understand that the competition is good but at some point the defense has to make a big stop when it matters most.  It’s a complimentary game.  This team can score points (they could use a number one receiver) but the defense is the reason the Bills are where they are now.

Edited by KeLLy1278

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not saying the D is fine it isn't though when healthy it's more then good enough.  What I am saying is that when you're blessed with a generational talent at QB the only logical thing to do is surround that QB with as much talent as you can even at the expense of the D. The Bills management has failed to do this.  If their reaction to yesterday's loss is to double down on making the D better at the expense of the offense then the Bills are doomed to repeating their division round exits from the playoffs.

Diggs had a tough night.. plenty of blame to go around though.  You want to throw every resource at the offense?  I wouldn’t go that far.  

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Diggs had a tough night.. plenty of blame to go around though.  You want to throw every resource at the offense?  I wouldn’t go that far.  

How about a 60/40 split in favor of the offense with the 1st & 3rd round picks going to the O and at least one big time offensive FA signing?

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How about a 60/40 split in favor of the offense with the 1st & 3rd round picks going to the O and at least one big time offensive FA signing?

I would go 60/40 in favor of the defense.  Allen needs some help.  No question.  But if you look at the game last night, the running game was fine.  The game plan on offense was working well enough.  There comes a time late in the game that you have to figure out how to stop the other team.. KC was moving the ball to the point that they didn’t need a 3rd down.  

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, zow2 said:

After the Two min warning the correct sequence should have been getting the first down and continue bleeding it. If the very last resort was a Bass FG attempt it would be likely from 10 yards closer and possibly the last play to ensure the kick would send it to OT and not give KC a final possession.

having rewatched the sequence now…

even romo nails the issue with the suggestion that Reid would zero blitz because whether it was a TD or incomplete - he’d get the ball back immediately, and the worst outcome for kc there was a simple first down 

im totally open to the debate of taking a shot before the 2 min, vs grinding after… but McDermott did the worst by taking a shot after

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I want to throw the vast majority of early draft picks and fa money this off-season at the offense then go from there

35 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It would be tripling down and catastrophic, so they'll do it 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

It would be tripling down and catastrophic, so they'll do it 

Not if they stay healthy.  It’s a gamble either way.  Say what you want about the offense.  It was tough to watch KC not even needing 3rd down to move the ball up and down the field.

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Not if they stay healthy.  It’s a gamble either way.  Say what you want about the offense.  It was tough to watch KC not even needing 3rd down to move the ball up and down the field.

And more players won't fix that, it's been tried, twice. And yet in every big game the defense hits a new low

4 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

An overmatched coach every time, the players aren't what needs an upgrade on defense 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:41 PM, Bferra13 said:

Not enough Kincaid in this game. Not even close. 

I was actually pissed about that all season. I don't think we'd have a #2 issue if we just kept on feeding him and forcing teams to figure out how to defend his big ass and shifty Diggs. No, let's hit him 5 times randomly and keep forcing to a doubled Diggs. 

I still say pull the trigger on a true #2, but with Diggs, Kincaid and Shakir I think that's a decent corps to start with

• Like (+1) 1

I am curious to know whether anyone on the Bills coaching staff told Josh at the two-minute warning to focus on getting another first down BEFORE trying in the end zone.  One more first down would have enabled the Bills to run down the clock (KC only had 2 timeouts left) before having to try the FG if they couldn't get the TD.  I think Josh should have been looking FIRST at the underneath routes on that play where Diggs was open rather than the end zone.  It seems even more obvious that the Bills offense should have approached it this way given McDermott was playing like he was afraid to let his defense on the field.  I'm always amazed at how often coaching staffs seem to fail at clock management. 

Edited by Murdox
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I would go 60/40 in favor of the defense.  Allen needs some help.  No question.  But if you look at the game last night, the running game was fine.  The game plan on offense was working well enough.  There comes a time late in the game that you have to figure out how to stop the other team.. KC was moving the ball to the point that they didn’t need a 3rd down.  

If they go 60/40 on defense this off season Allen would be a fool to stay in Buffalo.  The good news is that there is NO way Pegula allows Bean/McD that level of insanity.  Worst case scenario is it will be 50/50 and business as usual.

11 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I'm not blaming Diggs.  But what I am saying is that Diggs may have regressed to the point that he is a solid #2 but no longer a #1 WR.  For the Bills not to have a great #1 WR with Allen at QB is football malpractice and must be addressed in the off season. 

Sorry but in a Divisional Round playoff game at home this must be caught by your #1 guy:

421500222_411156137917146_6486831551973871849_n.thumb.jpg.984596346da594e7d41aa5cf897b5afc.jpg

On 1/21/2024 at 11:38 PM, BeastMaster said:

This will always be debated, and both sides have an argument.

I am on the side that you take the touchdown if it's there.

He just got knocked off his spot enough to alter the throw that he missed

Who knows what happens if he takes Diggs underneath. We will never know

100% agree, he had Shakir and makes that throw with ease with wind at his back if he doesn’t get jostled. The next throw I would love to have back. That’s where Brady could’ve come up with something better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.