Most impressive run of games in franchise history?

BRH

Since being 5-5 after the Denver game the Bills have played, in succession:

- the Jets, who had beaten us earlier in the season and supposedly had a defense that was "embarrassing" elite QBs

- the Eagles, who made the playoffs, in Philly

- the Chiefs, who won their division, in Arrowhead

- the Cowboys, who won their division

- the Chargers, on a short week after traveling across the country

- the Patriots, who had also beaten us earlier in the season

- the Dolphins, who made the playoffs, in Miami

- the Steelers, who made the playoffs

Five of those teams were ahead of us record-wise at some point in the second half of the season and two others had already beaten us.

Not to mention that the Chiefs, Cowboys, Dolphins, Steelers, and Patriots might just be the five most annoying fanbases in the entire NFL.

The Bills went 7-1 against that group and the lone loss required a 59-yard FG in the rain to even happen.... and the team that beat us went on to implode in fantastic fashion afterward.

While that was going on the team had to deal with the Dunne hit piece on McD, the Diggs nonsense from Timmuh, and yet another devastating snowstorm.

I don't think it can be overstated how impressive that run is.  Most fanbases would be satisfied with that kind of record against those franchises over a full season.  The Bills did it in less than half a season, in consecutive games, and after the Eagles game every single game was pretty much win or go home (or ask for a ton of help).

Three more games to go.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

NFL Football is weird.  The Eagles were 10-1 and were bounced before ever reaching 12 wins.  First time a 10-1 team never reached 12.

After week 12, the Bills were 6-6 and Tampa was 4-7.  Both reached the final eight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

NFL Football is weird.  The Eagles were 10-1 and were bounced before ever reaching 12 wins.  First time a 10-1 team never reached 12.

After week 12, the Bills were 6-6 and Tampa was 4-7.  Both reached the final eight.

The 1986 Jets have that beat. They started 10-1 and then lost 5 straight to finish 10-6.

It’s been an impressive run thus far. What’s made it more impressive is that Josh outside of the Jets and Steelers games has not been Superman with any consistency. 

The defense and running game have come in and helped Josh not have to carry the load even the much maligned special teams unit helped with big plays against the Jets (fumble on the opening kick) and the Fins (obviously the punt return)

This team found ways to win games without Josh having to save the day. That’s saying something. Going to have to continue to fight adversity in the playoffs but at least KC will be a home game!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Cowboys, dolphins, and eagles are all taking long looks at their coaches and/or qbs after insanely hot starts which is pretty crazy.  

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The 1986 Jets have that beat. They started 10-1 and then lost 5 straight to finish 10-6.

2020 Steelers were close.  They started 11-0, finished 12-4 (including a prime time loss at home to the Bills), and were bounced in the first round.  

I wonder if the refs had anything to do with it.  :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No matter what happens this Sunday, I am proud of this year's team.  They could've easily folded once they got to 6-6 but this team rallied behind each other and for their coach and turned this into a respectable season.  It just kills me right now how many injuries we are dealing with on Defense.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't say I am proud. That is not to take away from their recent play. Kudos!  I admire their current resiliency.

The expectation of this team is to play in AFC Championship games and have a shot to win it all. So, they are doing what is expected thus far.

Same Expectation in 2021, 2022, and 2023 playoff runs.

Edited by Wizard

The frustration is if we beat the jets, eagles and Denver. We would had no injuries in week 18 or this past week since we would be resting our starters. 

That would have been a Game changer but on the other hand we may not have had the same spark or streak we are on now. 

We got hot at the right time just need to keep it going. 

Something I know from my own coaching experiences in soccer is anyone can coach when the bus is rolling. When results are good and confidence is high coaching is pretty easy. Where you find out who can really coach and who can really lead is when the bus is stalling and people are jumping off. 

It has come to mind the past couple of days with Siriani and McDermott. After that Philly game if I had said to you "one of these coaches will be fired in January" the entire world would have had their money on McDermott. But Siriani's team had some bumps and he was powerless to respond and in the end it was like a boulder rolling down a hill picking up speed as it went. McDermott somehow managed to bring his team back together, unify, refocus and make a run. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GoBills! said:

The frustration is if we beat the jets, eagles and Denver. We would had no injuries in week 18 or this past week since we would be resting our starters. 

That would have been a Game changer but on the other hand we may not have had the same spark or streak we are on now

this, 100%.  Look no further than the Eagles for proof.  When the wheels started coming off there, they were powerless to stop it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.