Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams at Detroit 8:15 PM ET NBC

chongli

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Have some fun and ask Alexa what NFL team has the longest active playoff win drought.

Or they can look here and see the table! I love it.

Dream matchup would be us vs. the Liona in the SB. Neither has ever won one before. Runner-up is Detroit vs. Houston, as neither has ever been to a SB (although Houston's old team, the Titans, went before after beating us in the Music City Miracle in 1999).

9 minutes ago, chongli said:

Or they can look here and see the table! I love it.

Dream matchup would be us vs. the Liona in the SB. Neither has ever won one before. Runner-up is Detroit vs. Houston, as neither has ever been to a SB (although Houston's old team, the Titans, went before after beating us in the Music City Miracle in 1999).

I want Bills 49ers to complete Berman's dream.  Bills are also 4-1 against the NFC South since Allen's rookie year with the Hal Murray being the only loss.  Getting by the Steelers, Chiefs (with a two day rest disadvantage), and pry @Ravens is a tough ask though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I want Bills 49ers to complete Berman's dream.  Bills are also 4-1 against the NFC South since Allen's rookie year with the Hal Murray being the only loss.  Getting by the Steelers, Chiefs (with a two day rest disadvantage), and pry @Ravens is a tough ask though.

You mean the NFC West, but yeah, I thought of Chris Berman too. When he was on the air regularly, he always wanted Buffalo and SF in the SB, which were his favorite two teams ("no team circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!"). From 1988-1994, there seven SB's, with SF playing in 3 and Buffalo in 4, but never together.

Just now, chongli said:

You mean the NFC West, but yeah, I thought of Chris Berman too. When he was on the air regularly, he always wanted Buffalo and SF in the SB, which were his favorite two teams ("no team circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!"). From 1988-1994, there seven SB's, with SF playing in 3 and Buffalo in 4, but never together.

Yeah.  NFC West.  My mistake.  Also happen to be 4-1 against NFC South too so I wasn't technically wrong :) .  I'd also like to see Shanahan vs. McDermott.  Both hired in 2017 that specialized in different sides of the ball.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m having a hard time with the Lions because there was 5 or 6 blatant cheap shots in that game and they wouldn’t be doing it unless their coach was telling them to do it.

I didn’t like when the Steelers and James Harrison did it all those years either. I hope they get what’s coming to them. You don’t go at people’s knees.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

That 1992 NFC Championship where Dallas knocked out SF was a clash of the Titans. I can remember actually wanting Dallas rather than SF in the SB. I naively thought they would be a much easier matchup for the Bills.  Then they destroyed us in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.