Bills at Chargers, Game Week Thread Sat. 8 pm on Peacock (7 pm for us Flyover Folks)

Beck Water

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

you left off the most important talking point - Dan played for many lousy coaches and never noticed an interim coach “bump.”  He also compared the lame duck games to the preseason

Eh.  The former wasn't entirely a key point to me.  After ditching McDaniels after the Lions loss, the Raiders won 2 in a row.  The Bills O has looked more effective under Brady.  I can see circs where a coach is like a black cloud over the building and moving him out lets the sun back in.  So not to disagree with Orlovsky, but it's anecdotal.  They may  get a "bump", they may not - depends on too many factors we know nothing about.

51 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I thought I heard he needed to be out one more game for IR…

4 games required, went on Nov 22 so he can come off any time now

41 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It is almost certainly Covid, but there's no way the NFL would publicize it as such of course.

Just stop.  You don't even know what his symptoms are.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It is almost certainly Covid, but there's no way the NFL would publicize it as such of course.

what??? Covid schmovid. It's a flu dude or a bad cold. Covid, if ya didn't know, was a farse. It's a flu and cook will cook. LET JAMES COOK!!!!

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Eh.  The former wasn't entirely a key point to me.  After ditching McDaniels after the Lions loss, the Raiders won 2 in a row.  The Bills O has looked more effective under Brady.  I can see circs where a coach is like a black cloud over the building and moving him out lets the sun back in.  So not to disagree with Orlovsky, but it's anecdotal.

4 games required, went on Nov 22 so he can come off any time now

Just stop.  You don't even know what his symptoms are.

Right on dude - you tell em'. Covid.... wtf. Only in america I tell ya. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Playing on Saturday makes it more tricky for cook he might legit miss the game idk. Ty Johnson banged up too wonder if this is the fournette call up game 

Depends on what he's got.  If it's a norovirus (Cowboys were said to have stomach bug) he could have a really rough 24 hrs, but he should get all the medical treatment to make it less rough (IVs, antinausea, antidiarrheal etc) and that will help him recover better too than us ordinary stiffs who get dehydrated when we can't keep anything down.

Problem is more likely, how many people in the locker room did he infect?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Both of my kids at college and many of their friends over the past few weeks have been hit with a nasty cold-flu like illness.  They all tested negative for flu, covid, strep, mono, etc...  Apparently just a nasty virus.  I don't know if that's what is hitting NFL teams but it's not necessarily Covid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Both of my kids at college and many of their friends over the past few weeks have been hit with a nasty cold-flu like illness.  They all tested negative for flu, covid, strep, mono, etc...  Apparently just a nasty virus.  I don't know if that's what is hitting NFL teams but it's not necessarily Covid.

Mom's long term care has had 5 outbreaks since fall and every one has been norovirus... and if you get the norovirus you may end up wishing you had covid, nasty bugs going around this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Mom's long term care has had 5 outbreaks since fall and every one has been norovirus... and if you get the norovirus you may end up wishing you had covid, nasty bugs going around this year.

Yeah, norovirus is the bug that hits cruise ships and thru-hikers on the AT.  It's super-infectious - only need a couple particles to getcha.  It can be killed by a good soap and hot water hand wash, but it laughs at alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gel disinfectants.  And there's something like 50 genotypes, so someone who has just had it, can get re-infected by a different strain.  It won't kill ya, but you may have 24 or 48 hrs where you wish it would.

Just now, GottaRun said:

HMM James Cook illness - DNP - is that code for really bad hangover after celebrating Sunday's monster performance?

Well, he practiced Tuesday, so, No.

This....doesn't sound good for seeing AJ anytime soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, norovirus is the bug that hits cruise ships and thru-hikers on the AT.  It's super-infectious - only need a couple particles to getcha.  It can be killed by a good soap and hot water hand wash, but it laughs at alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gel disinfectants.  And there's something like 50 genotypes, so someone who has just had it, can get re-infected by a different strain.  It won't kill ya, but you may have 24 or 48 hrs where you wish it would.

Well, he practiced Tuesday, so, No.

I got the norovirus last spring. Really nasty. 

• Agree 1

Just watched some of our highlights from our last game and I’m really liking Ty Johnson… I think he has deceiving speed and he’s not afraid to put his head down and try and run somebody over… I’m excepting a another stellar performance out of our backs against the chargers 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Just watched some of our highlights from our last game and I’m really liking Ty Johnson… I think he has deceiving speed and he’s not afraid to put his head down and try and run somebody over… I’m excepting a another stellar performance out of our backs against the chargers 

It’s been a long time since the Bills o-line was good enough to see their backs make some cuts and have room to run. That run game last week was beautiful to watch.  

So much better than watching Singletary channel Barry Sanders just to get to the line of scrimmage. Glad to see him doing so well with Houston. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.