A Few Thoughts about the Cowboys Game, in no particular order

Virgil

On 12/19/2023 at 8:06 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

If only Gabe Davis could become a contributor catching the football for this team. It would add another dynamic to the offense for Brady to utilize

Davis is what he is at this point. Better to roll the dice with Shakir and make Kincaid more of a focal point. 

On 12/19/2023 at 2:53 AM, VaMilBill said:

On point number 6. I definitely agree with Rapp. Dude scares me to include for our own players safety. 

Dodson being penalized was unfair I thought. Dak was still running and looked like he was about to cut inside. I mean he barely started the slide process and he was basically on top of Dodson. QBs, if they want to be protected, need to slide to allow an appropriate amount of space and human reaction time to the defender.  Same thing goes for QBs running out of bounds. 

Not sure I agree on the Dodson take, he could have pulled up. Instead he lead with his head and elbow above Dak's shoulder as he was going into his slide.

If it was Allen, I would want that call.

As to Rapp, I think you are spot on. He leaves his feet and leads with his helmet.

Those guys are just as likely to take out their own guys because they don't have good tackling form and control.

Edited by WideNine

Thanks Virgil!

one thing I haven’t seen many talk about this week has been the DL.  Ed, Floyd, Rousseau, Von and JP were monsters.  They stayed in their lanes and dominated.  

McD did a great job disguising the rush and bringing additional pressure. Dak had nowhere to go with the ball and that was thanks to a helluva game plan and effort. 

if we can continue to get this kind of production from our D, I really like our chances of winning the afc. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thanks Virgil!

one thing I haven’t seen many talk about this week has been the DL.  Ed, Floyd, Rousseau, Von and JP were monsters.  They stayed in their lanes and dominated.  

McD did a great job disguising the rush and bringing additional pressure. Dak had nowhere to go with the ball and that was thanks to a helluva game plan and effort. 

if we can continue to get this kind of production from our D, I really like our chances of winning the afc. 

The one place I hope the Bills can avoid (assuming they make the playoffs) is Baltimore. I hope someone can knock them off. I would rather the Bills go to Arrowhead then Baltimore.

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Didn't notice that...but I did notice the BIG ZERO in the reception column😎

Yes several guys had 0 catches including Knox and Kincaid. It happens when you rush 49 times. But all of the receivers were blocking their butts off.  I’m ok with that given the end result. Is his how we attack the Patriots who love to play dime defense against us to stop our passing game?

42 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

Yes several guys had 0 catches including Knox and Kincaid. It happens when you rush 49 times. But all of the receivers were blocking their butts off.  I’m ok with that given the end result. Is his how we attack the Patriots who love to play dime defense against us to stop our passing game?

On every end around they ran I saw our receivers working their tails off blocking.

Proud to root for our guys when they play unselfish for each other like that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

What I loved about Brady vs. Dorsey:

Dorsey would've followed what he considered the conventional wisdom. "Hey, we've got the running game working; time to use a little play action and let Josh take some shots down field."

What Brady and Josh did was more what Belichick used to do to us: "Their personnel is not equipped to stop the run; we'll double down on that until they show they can stop it." I remember those games where Belichick used a fullback and heavy set to do that to us, and to other teams. Tom Brady would get his 300 yards on some other Sunday.

A refreshing change. A blowout victory with < 100 passing yards. The old "they've shown they can win in different ways."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

The one place I hope the Bills can avoid (assuming they make the playoffs) is Baltimore. I hope someone can knock them off. I would rather the Bills go to Arrowhead then Baltimore.

While the offense coordinator has changed L. Jackson is same QB with same weaknesses in game.  If Carrion Birds are not first round byes and we are not facing them second round of playoffs I have confidence they can make a plan which can stop him again.   Ravens have never beaten Bills in playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.