Rooting Interests in Week 15 AFC Playoff Picture

wppete

On 12/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

BILLS OVER DALLAS

Min Over Cin

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

Pit over Ind (only cuz I expect Pit more likely to lose more games in future weeks)

Bears over Browns

Jets over Mia

Pats over KC

Jags over Ravens (we want Jags to win out and take the south, not lose it to Indy or Hou and end up in tie with us)

I’m optimistic about the following:

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

The rest I don’t feel great about. 

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Go Bills

Go NFC teams

Go (This is hard to say) Jets

The Bills remaining opponents ...(Cowboys, Chargers, patriots, Dolphins) ... The Bills can still win the East.

The Dolphins could lose out ... (Jets, Ravens, Cowboys, Bills)

I think the Dolphins have a better chance to win out than lose out. I just don’t see them crumbling again this December… but that’s only a gut feel. 

All that matters is that the Bills need to dig deep and win out. Beat the Cowboys and prove you’re a team that belongs in the Super Bowl contention group. Then beat down the Chargers and Pats.  Miami will be a tough environment to play in for the division… but we know we can win that one.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I think the Dolphins have a better chance to win out than lose out. I just don’t see them crumbling again this December… but that’s only a gut feel. 

All that matters is that the Bills need to dig deep and win out. Beat the Cowboys and prove you’re a team that belongs in the Super Bowl contention group. Then beat down the Chargers and Pats.  Miami will be a tough environment to play in for the division… but we know we can win that one.

Miami a tough environment to play in? Outside of their sun/heat advantage for visiting sideline it’s not known as an intimidating home field advantage 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

No. Jets-Miami is much bigger for us.  If the fish lose that one, we can win the division in week 18.  Winning the AFCE has to be the objective.

Is that what the NYT playoff predictor indicates?  Curious how much our playoff odds increase if Detroit wins versus the Jets.  Last I knew, we have an equal chance of getting in the playoffs as a wild card v division winner.  Of Miami’s remaining games, Jets is the easiest.  For Denver, Detroit is the hardest.  Hence my thought that if we want to get ahead of Denver, they

really need to lose today.  On the hand, there’s a couple other chances of Miami losing beyond tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

After watch how they played against the titans, Miami can be defeated if you have the right personnel. Tua has incredible vision and accuracy but make him improvise and he can’t do it consistently. With how bad their line is beat up right now., Tua is going to need to improvise more frequently and I’m not sure he can do it 

10 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Miami a tough environment to play in? Outside of their sun/heat advantage for visiting sideline it’s not known as an intimidating home field advantage 

Just meant that it’s week 18, against a division rival, for the division.. and aside from one blowout game earlier this season, they’ve played us pretty tough.  Their fans will be as loud as they’ve ever been… which I know isn’t saying much.  That’s all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.