You Tube ST issue today

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

3 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

You need to complain to CBS not YouTube. YouTube gave you the feed that CBS gave them.

incorrect. Youtube should have made the game available on the Sunday Ticket channel until Browns game was completed. That's how directv did it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I assume there's never been an actual explanation from YTTV or admit of a mistake?

Only that tweet claiming it worked as DTV abused to make it work.  Hoping the panthers and falcons game doesn’t run over this week.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

It is a corner case they should fix and it was always the same under DTV.    The Bills hardly ever played a 4:25 national window so you may have never seen it happen to a Bills game.   That is how the service works......the Bills game was NOT part of the sunday ticket....it was on your local TV.   Youtube is not authorized to broadcast the games on local TV.  Because the other game went long you were at the mercy of the network....that is where the ONLY option is a "stream".

I live in Phoenix and it was not my local game and I had the same issue. The game should have been on Sunday Ticket. 

27 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

according to 506 sports the Bills game was on your local stations.

https://506sports.com/

Was not on local TV here or in Prescott, Az. Was on phone with my brother. We were all looking for the game. My buddy was home at his house in Peoria Az and he doesn’t have Sunday Ticket and it was not on TV. He used an illegal stream. 

On 12/10/2023 at 8:54 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

It is a corner case they should fix and it was always the same under DTV.    The Bills hardly ever played a 4:25 national window so you may have never seen it happen to a Bills game.   That is how the service works......the Bills game was NOT part of the sunday ticket....it was on your local TV.   Youtube is not authorized to broadcast the games on local TV.  Because the other game went long you were at the mercy of the network....that is where the ONLY option is a "stream".

This is the correct answer.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:53 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

when Sunday ticket was on DTV, if there ever was a local Blackout issue, they would show the game on the Sunday ticket channel. 

I had ST on DTV for over 20 years and I never recall this happening.

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

This is the correct answer.

I had ST on DTV for over 20 years and I never recall this happening.

NNed I am sure DTV a handled this proper.  They would show the 4:25 game on the ST a channel and once other game was over, usually at a commercial break, you would get this broadcast blackout Ed message and searching for it on other channels message.  Than game would be on local broadcast.   BTW any idea why the browns game took 3:45 to be played???  Was CBS stalling like they did Bills game to get in more commercials!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:25 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Actually it did.  You could never watch a local/blackout game on Directv ST either.

Only exception was the gamemix channel.

CBS botched this, plain and simple.  It's easy to put a multiview or split screen feed.

Or CBS gives yttv both games that ST customers csn choose whichever game.  Actually they probably are doing 6 or 7 games on any Sunday  so all should be available with no restrictions to ST  customers.  Otherwise I hope yttv isn't sending alot of money on rheir nfl deal.

On 12/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, Fan in Chicago said:

You are missing something or maybe a function of the region you were in. I was on multi view and watched the ending of the Jags game and the beginning of the Bills game 

I live in Las Vegas and I had the same experience with YouTube Sunday Ticket.

I have subscribed to the Sunday Ticket since the mid 90's.

I am seriously considering not subscribing to ST next season and just going to Bills Backer Bars for Bills games not carried in our market.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.