Thoughts on Knox returning?

Mikie2times

There can never be to many weapons or skill sets to have on a team . Each brings their own individual skills that Brady can hopefully weave into the scheme and maybe put his own little stamp on the plays they have both TE's on the field .

Plus the fact that Kincaid has come along as a good blocker there could be the possibility of using them both in different ways in the run game too. 

Landing on Knox having a TD in this game and this not aging well 😄 

Jokes aside, I never felt like Knox coming back was bad. I like Shakir and Dalton getting the snaps. If Knox takes the 40-50 snaps as TE2  I will take it. Perhaps against KC we might even feel 12 personnel make more sense.  I like Brady managing this way more than Dorsey, that's for sure. 

• Agree 1

A broken wrist hampering a receivers ability to catch no way.......🤨  /sarcasm

I hope he comes out strong and quiets the rabble dogging him. What we all want to see is consistency with all kinds of receptions easy or difficult. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly how I feel. One of the things I was so excited for in training camp was the idea of "Man, if Dorsey can show any sign of creativity we can have one of the most flexible offenses in the league."

I expect that we will see effectively 11 coverage with Kincaid put into the slot. You can run unbalanced line formations. You can put Kincaid into the backfield and motion him as a H-back. Kincaid was even used in jet sweeps in college. You can motion Kincaid at the line to diagnose the coverage and be a blind while passing to Knox.

Versus Dorsey where we would go with 1 TE on each side and QB draw out of shotgun

This^^^. Dorsey displayed very little creativity with 12 personnel, especially with regards to the run game. Even Daboll ran a jet sweep or two off Knox in motion. I expect to see more innovative 12 personnel usage, even if it’s restricted to specials. It’s likely though that we’ll see some type of motion that puts a screen, swing or wheel route behind Knox and Kincaid. Brady’s proven that he’s better than Dorsey at utilizing personnel groupings to create mismatches. 

Also, Knox coming back is going to take some of those lineman eligible snaps, and not just Kincaid/Shakir/Morris snaps. Brady has also shown that he can compensate for Spencer Brown without keeping a TE in formation which should keep the offense humming. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Idk why people hate a player on your team when they contribute and are like able like knox

i can understand Gabe - a year he needs to step up and doesn’t 

but knox?  Cmon now

dawson and Dalton could be excellent for YEARS if and when Joe Brady figures it out

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.