Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Well, it certainly turned out in a way that makes the NFL happy.

You don't even know how many turns there are. Lot of turns in a game with half bets, quarter bets, live bets, totals...players stats.. no matter, they put it in everyone's face that that particular turnover didn't happen when we all saw it did. So shrug it off and pretend. 

A night of missed tackles Joe Buck says 😂 Philly isnt even trying and its always the same techniques, flaling arms, single arm attemps and defenders colliding.. then Aikman almost always has a quick comment on the replay. This time it was "I don't know what that was" .. it's how superior teams lose to inferior teams and it comes out in the wash to everyone as the back and forth nature of the NFL, or Any given Sunday. 

14 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

my goodness thats a lot of pick 6, used to be a rare event.

No its not.

The previous pick six single season leaders were from years ago.

LOL

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-pick-sixes-in-one-season

9 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

A night of missed tackles Joe Buck says 😂 Philly isnt even trying and its always the same techniques, flaling arms, single arm attemps and defenders colliding.. then Aikman almost always has a quick comment on the replay. This time it was "I don't know what that was" .. it's how superior teams lose to inferior teams and it comes out in the wash to everyone as the back and forth nature of the NFL, or Any given Sunday. 

Anyone who believes the league is fixed and rigged but then spends time on a message board for that league and then critique the players is an idiot.

I mean, do people like this critique the players on Friday Night Lights?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm carefully monitoring any controversial calls that go in the Bills favor. The NFL would love a feel good small market story. Another factor is the new Billion dollar boondoggle with no retractable roof out in snowbelt country. That thing is gonna need to be filled for a long time. Playoff droughts will be a financial disaster for them.

Edited by JohninMinn.

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No its not.

LOL

Anyone who believes the league is fixed and rigged but then spends time on a message board for that league and then critique the players is an idiot.

Movies aren't real either, do you ever watch them?  Heck 65 percent of the people participating in the Iowa caucuses don't believe Biden won the election in 2020. The NFL is time well spent for me. The keys that tip which side to be on has yet to change. I just wouldn't bet anything live based on what I see during the game. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No its not.

LOL

And players matter. You won't see a talent like Allen insurrected then resurrected. There are talents in the league that are helped along. Mayfield is a good example. Purdy is a fine story. It all glares through when they'll fall. 

Tricksters jilters play their game
Sleight-of-handers, all the same
Masquerader in his lair
Wants to tangle in your hair

Source:  it's all a beautiful suspenseful puzzle.

Edited by 1onemangang7

21 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Movies aren't real either, do you ever watch them? 

Yes I do watch movies.  But you know what movies aren’t?  A live sport or competition where is a winner and loser.  

When you watch a sports movie, do you critique the player?  Did you know these actors rehearse?  When did the Bills and Steelers rehearse this game?

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I do watch movies.  But you know what movies aren’t?  A live sport or competition where is a winner and loser.  

When you watch a sports movie, do you critique the player?  Did you know these actors rehearse?  When did the Bills and Steelers rehearse this game?

You're a little lost like coming into the middle of a movie and asking questions. Don't be that guy. Start from the first post of the thread and read them all and i'm sure you'll have your answer.

Edited by 1onemangang7

I don't think the officiating has gotten worse.  We just have social media where everything is highlighted a million times more.

It's human error, it happens.  There are blunders in every job but like in every job, some blunders are enough to remove you.

26 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

You're a little lost like coming into the middle of a movie and asking questions. Don't be that guy. Start from the first post of the thread and read them all and i'm sure you'll have your answer.

A game with a million variables is fixed because a few missed calls lol.

Since I am kind.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/variable

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think the officiating has gotten worse.  We just have social media where everything is highlighted a million times more.

It's human error, it happens.  There are blunders in every job but like in every job, some blunders are enough to remove you.

A game with a million variables is fixed because a few missed calls lol.

Since I am kind.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/variable

No bro. What you're doing is trying to be handed answers. You're not cut out for this. Stay in other threads where youre safe and you don't doubt yourself. Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see. What you don't know can't hurt ya.

Edited by 1onemangang7

On 11/26/2023 at 11:27 PM, The Red King said:

(Please don't merge this with the thread complaining about the Bills/Eagles officiating.  This is different, with wider scope, and not limited to the Bills.)

There have always been suspicions that the NFL is fixed, but this year seems almost blatent.  There have been a ton, a ton of badly officiated games this season, and not just involving the Bills.  The NFL is in bed with Vegas and the gambling apps, that much is fact.

So, my question is, what do you believe?  I don't believe the league is outright scripted.  But I do believe they have preferences, and are not afraid to unleash the officials to get the outcomes they want, based on trends.

I hate to be that guy.  I hate to think about conspiracy theories.  But the officiating all around the league has been laughably bad/questionable the whole season.

Fixed is relative. Bias is real. Officiating is laughable. You may as well be shooting dice in Vegas, oh wait Vegas is an official partner of the NFL. 

3 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

The NFL would love a feel good small market story

Bad for the NFL: Cowboys, Eagles out.

Good for the NFL: Lions, Bills, Packers still in.

Good for the NFL: Mahomes vs. Allen. Again.

People can find a reason for why it is "fixed" regardless of who wins. The NFL wants viewers and attention. They're getting it regardless of who wins what game.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:21 AM, JohninMinn. said:

I'm carefully monitoring any controversial calls that go in the Bills favor. The NFL would love a feel good small market story. Another factor is the new Billion dollar boondoggle with no retractable roof out in snowbelt country. That thing is gonna need to be filled for a long time. Playoff droughts will be a financial disaster for them.

More, or less than they would love the coverage of Taylor Swift during superbowl week and the game itself?