Is a future move to Safety possible for Tre White??

Special K

6 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Genuine cap question, could Tre completely rework his deal into a one year deal with a modest guarantee and a lower base salary that could lower his cap and dead cap hit (lower his overall cap number to 9ish million and dead cap to 6ish million)?

That type of deal would put some money in Tre’s pocket and give him a chance to come back while the Bills can lower the dead cap charge if they decide to cut him and lower his overall cap hit if he makes the roster? 

If that’s possible I think it would work best for both parties.

it's an option. he could choose to do something like that. i've previously floated the idea of re-signing him to something like 3/$21m with like $10M guaranteed.

depends if he feels like giving the Bills a "hometeam" discount, or if he would be insulted by the idea and more willing to test FA

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

When I hear the sentiment they don’t spend on offense I think about the full price QB, LT, WR1, overpriced imo TE2, first and second rd TE1 and OL and RB1. As well as the high dollar center.

That’s 7 of 11 spots. 2023 cap split is pretty even between o and D 

next year- 63% of cap is committed to the offense right now. 

That's not what I'm saying here, the team is way over next years cap at this point. Even with tough cuts they still won't be able to address both sides sufficiently. They're going to have to pick a favorite kid and go all in there. 

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's not what I'm saying here, the team is way over next years cap at this point. Even with tough cuts they still won't be able to address both sides sufficiently. They're going to have to pick a favorite kid and go all in there. 

To me this Fact, you correctly cite, makes a regime change almost impossible unless they trade Josh out for collateral too. 

at this point it’s all intertwined 

Tre was good- sadly his time passed quickly - we can no longer afford to have a collection of guys we hope to become what they once were before multiple severe injuries- What happened to him sucks and his prime will be recovering - but a safety really need to be a strong at tackling - Tre is not- 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.