Boston Globe writer "Belicheck could be coaching for his job this weekend"

zow2

11 hours ago, Doc said:

I could see a loss this weekend being what costs him his job at the end of the season but not during

No the New England Patriots won’t. Bob Kraft is smart owner he gave Bill Belichick an extension for a reason. The New England Patriots aren’t ever firing Bill Belichick he will either retire a Patriots coach or if Bill Belichick wants to continue to coach will be traded for multiple draft picks but the choice is Bill Belichick’s to make. You don’t fire an asset. Even when it is time to move on from Sean McDermott I would shop him around the league to see if Sean McDermott has any trade value considering what the bum accomplished. Or at the very least sell Sean McDermott coaching contract so the Buffalo Bills ownership isn’t on the hook for Sean McDermott contract extension money. Good coaches don’t get fired if they potentially have value in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gregg said:

Say what you want about Bill, but he doesn't deserve to be fired mid-season for all he has done for that organization. Nine Super Bowl appearances with six Super Bowl wins. If Bill and the Pats part ways it will be in the off season where Bill agrees to step down and retire. I doubt Kraft comes out and tells him he is fired. 

Agreed.

Heck, we have a good portion of our fanbase who couldn’t imagine letting McDermott go because he got us to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

Imagine if we had Belichick here and he brought us to 9 Super Bowls? I think those fans may have cemented his feet to Highmark stadium by now 😂

21 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

And they still beat the Bills. Go figure. That is the true travesty of the season. The other losses I could handle, but that one. pukeworthy.

That was the only time Belichick was coaching for real, as he was auditioning for Pegula.  The rest of the time, he's been trying to get Kraft to fire him, i.e. release him from his contract with pay.  (As an aside, getting fired in pro sports is awesome).  It's obvious that Belichick is eyeing Josh as his next Brady, like Palpatine lusting after a young undisciplined Annakin.  Together, they could build an empire and deliver Buffalo multiple Super Bowl trophies.  Unfortunately, not sure Pegula is paying attention or if Kraft is falling for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

22 hours ago, zow2 said:

Personally I don't buy it.  I don't believe Kraft would fire the man who got him six Championships in mid-season.  But the Patriots are playing the defensively challenged and banged up Colts in London.  A New England loss means they've dropped 6 of 7 games and they are playing dreadful football compared to their standard.

U better believe if they fire him mid season he’ll have a job first week of January or he’ll wait it out and see if things open up with the Bills. Either way I see them splitting up in offseason or maybe they could decide mutually to split up now so Bill can recharge for his next job. I’ll tell u this with his experience and championship pedigree Pegs would have to think king and hard about taking a run at Bill Belicheck. 

23 hours ago, zow2 said:

Personally I don't buy it.  I don't believe Kraft would fire the man who got him six Championships in mid-season.  But the Patriots are playing the defensively challenged and banged up Colts in London.  A New England loss means they've dropped 6 of 7 games and they are playing dreadful football compared to their standard.

Fire Him, then fire McDermott and bring in the Hoodie.  Hey, he would have Josh, so maybe...

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.