Rosenhaus article on espn

Now i'm not panic mode or pulling a rudy, but espn has had some great articles on agents this week (they are doing a special on sports agents), and today there are a few on rosenhaus...this guy is a real scumbag, but you can read the article...

what scares me are some of McGahee's comments within the article, and i really elieve that with a halfway decent season, he will be holding out next year for a huge contract...heres a look...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...d=2072819&num=0

(discussing rosenhaus "stealing" other agents players)

"Nine times out of 10, he didn't steal the client – the client wanted to come to him," said Buffalo running back Willis McGahee, in a curious vote of confidence.

Players have approached McGahee – who was drafted No. 23 in the 2003 NFL draft after suffering a career-threatening knee injury in his final college game at Miami – about hiring Rosenhaus. What does he tell them?

"Come on over to the dark side," McGahee said, smiling."

One again, i'm not saying the sky is falling, i'm just looking at the reality of the situation involving rosenhaus and mcgahee, especially after this offseason with a lot of his clients holding out...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess our two choices are:

1. Willis has a great year and announces he wants to renegotiate

2. Willis has a crappy year--injuries keep him out of several games

I'll take #1 and enjoy the ride. He'll either have leverage or not...

i agree......i don't think willis has any loyalty to the bills what-so-ever.....big year this year, holdout next year, one more season under the original terms of his deal and then a trade in the '06 off-season.......i'm in the minority in that i don't want to see willis extended.......

You can go from poster boy to most wanted very quickly in the NFL, especially by doing stupid sh--. Travis Henry proved that to us before.

Holdout, we'll find another one to replace you.

This article is little but proof that as much as fans like to blame agents, the player is ultimately responsible for his own actions in terms of holdouts.

MaGahee is correct. Rosenhaus dosn't force players to sign with him. They want his services. They hire him to get all he can from the team.

PS: If MaGahee has a great year in 05, he WILL hold out, and not because of Rosenhaus. RBs have a short shelf life, and he wants to make the cash while he can, contract notwithstanding.

Oh this doesnt diminish what i want willis to do for the team...i hope he rushes for 2,000 and 25 TD's, that would kick some serious azz...plus he hasnt held out yet, so i am still holding out hope, and will still continue to wear my mcgahee jersey this fall (altho i may hafta alternate it, i want a throwback , but cant decide if i want losman or evans)...

i agree......i don't think willis has any loyalty to the bills what-so-ever.....big year this year, holdout next year, one more season under the original terms of his deal and then a trade in the '06 off-season.......i'm in the minority in that i don't want to see willis extended.......

352781[/snapback]

Agreed, Willis is all about Willis. We all will continue to love him as long as he wears the red, white & blue and plays like a stud. He plays for Buffalo but has no loyalty to the area. If he got a huge contract somewhere else he would never come back to B-Lo in his lifetime.

On the flip side, a guy like JP has immersed himself in the area. I really hope he's good because he's a guy that would love to be king of the city and get into the whole Buffalo scene (like he's already doing!)

If the Bills ever get back to emphasizing the OL in the draft, and have backs cut once and then hit the hole, perhaps they can can be like DEN with rb's coming and going but always producing.

352803[/snapback]

If it were that easy, more teams than Denver would be doing it.

Agreed,  Willis is all about Willis.  We all will continue to love him as long as he wears the red, white & blue and plays like a stud.  He plays for Buffalo but has no loyalty to the area.  If he got a huge contract somewhere else he would never come back to B-Lo in his lifetime.

On the flip side, a guy like JP has immersed himself in the area.  I really hope he's good because he's a guy that would love to be king of the city and get into the whole Buffalo scene (like he's already doing!)

352791[/snapback]

QB is a position that deserves a long-term investment -- tough to find a replacement......just look at the bills situation since kelly left.......

on the other hand, a replacement at RB can be more easily found much cheaper.......

One again, i'm not saying the sky is falling, i'm just looking at the reality of the situation involving rosenhaus and mcgahee, especially after this offseason with a lot of his clients holding out...

352779[/snapback]

One key factor that is being overlooked is the guys who are holding out are new Rosenhaus clients. Rosenhaus did not negotiate the original deals. McGahee's contract was negotiated by Rosenhaus, no worries.

All I can say is that all those fans who turned on Hnery making him out to be a subpar player ONCE Mcgahee had a SO-SO season will turn on McGahee after he holds out if he "outperforms" his contract by him and his agents definition. It is like what do you want to be your wife: a girl who is a 8.0-8.5 on a scale of 10 in looks but gives her all to help the cause and all they ask is to be treated with respect for they had been checking you out and been a fan of yours since they were young and would or a 9 who thinks they are a 10 and wants to be showered by gifts, even if it means breaking your bank? Can you guess which one is Henry and which is McGahee? When McGahee asks for $7 million a year so that he can buy another expensive ride while Henry is on another team putting up respectable numbers while not breaking the bank some will reminis; I GUARANTEE IT!

But after reading the article I can see Rosenhaus side in that there are no guaranteed contracts for NFL player and in a sport where injuries are paramount this is BS. In TO's case however he is full of BS for he currently the 3rd highest paid WR going onto the 2nd year of a 7 year contract. Now any reasons he has is absurd. But take aplayer such as Antonio Gates from the Chargers; he came out of nowhere and is probably the best TE in the game but is paid chump change as a walk-on. I'll bet the Charger organization loves that as they are betting Pro Bowl pay out of journeyman salary and have him under contract. But if he gets hurt then they could cut him with no remorse. They could get even lucky if he gets hurt in a contract year (like Andre Reed did) and sign him to another undervalue contract until he proves himself and by then he maybe consider too old and might lose a step so we will not give you top dollar. The way the system is setup the only ones taking advantage are the top draft picks who haven't proved anything but because of their pick will command top dollar. If he meets expectation then he will be paid for life.

Overall there is no easy answer as players deserved to get paid and have their security but at the same time we don't want a league full of high paid under achievers.

this isnt the normal situation with a 1st rounder in the 3rd year of his contract playing very well and wants more money.

we signed him WITH a potentially carrer ending injury. we took a HUGE RISK. payed him 1st rounder money.

i dont think TD will redo his contract till the final year of his current contract.

If it were that easy, more teams than Denver would be doing it.

352806[/snapback]

Chalk it up to ethics and sportsmanship - the famous DEN rep for chops, crackbacks, etc. :lol:

But the agile line play and no-nonsense style of running is a plus.