Season on the Brink

Casey D

7 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Perhaps not turning the ball over would be a good place to start.  Teams that are -2 in turnovers lose 84% of NFL games.  To be in that 16% on the road against maybe the hottest team in the NFL is nigh on impossible.  Clean that up and results will come IMO.

Yeah i mean, ideally josh would not stare down gabe davis then underthrow him.  that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game.  let's find some receivers who can get open or a OC that can scheme guys open  becuase outside of Diggs we have none of that

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah i mean, ideally josh would not stare down gabe davis then underthrow him.  that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game.  let's find some receivers who can get open or a OC that can scheme guys open  becuase outside of Diggs we have none of that

And the Kincaid fumble was a killer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

If we can win the next two (Broncos/Jets) I think we will be okay.

That would put us at 7-4, needing to go 4-2 or 3-3 the rest of the way.

Perhaps 4-2 is a more realistic need, since we lose a lot of tiebreakers at this point. 

kind of my fear, limping into playoffs with wins against bad teams (Broncos/Jets) and then you have the issue of McD hanging around for another season, and ridiculous fans buying ridiculous priced tickets in the new stadium.  90's Dolphins.  

Brink??? What football team are you watching? We have played some of the worst NFL teams and make them look like Super bowl contenders. We should have lost the Giants game even though they did everything to lose that game. Pats pretty much embarrassed us. This team is past the brink. They are first round cannon fodder losers at best. Josh looks like a shell of his former self and our OC has no idea how to incorporate anyone other then 2 people into the offense. Let's be real here this team was pretty much done after the Pats loss. They are the hottest mess in the NFL and i would not be surprised if they lose to Denver. There is not enough kool aid left to jump on this teams playoff chances. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Brink??? What football team are you watching? We have played some of the worst NFL teams and make them look like Super bowl contenders. We should have lost the Giants game even though they did everything to lose that game. Pats pretty much embarrassed us. This team is past the brink. They are first round cannon fodder losers at best. Josh looks like a shell of his former self and our OC has no idea how to incorporate anyone other then 2 people into the offense. Let's be real here this team was pretty much done after the Pats loss. They are the hottest mess in the NFL and i would not be surprised if they lose to Denver. There is not enough kool aid left to jump on this teams playoff chances. 

BOOM! truth be told!

It seems we are all waiting for some sort of 'turning point' that likely isn't going to come.

But obviously if it's going to happen it's this week against the Broncos with no turning back from there. No this team isn't going to win out even if they magically start playing better, but you have to look at the elite teams of years past (in the AFC specifically the Chiefs and Bengals) and how they always take their game to a different level when the calendar turns November.

12 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

End of season game in Miami could very well be the make it or break game in terms of playoffs. 

Miami is more of a pretender than we are, and they have almost as tough a schedule.

If we aren't tied w/ them or still a game back when that game comes around, I'll be surprised.  I think we'll still have a chance to win the division that week.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

It seems we are all waiting for some sort of 'turning point' that likely isn't going to come.

But obviously if it's going to happen it's this week against the Broncos with no turning back from there. No this team isn't going to win out even if they magically start playing better, but you have to look at the elite teams of years past (in the AFC specifically the Chiefs and Bengals) and how they always take their game to a different level when the calendar turns November.

The Bills did that after the Hail Murray that one year.

Last year we started hot & ended cool.

I think this team is capable of a strong run.  But it's completely unpredictable as of today. They're in a funk that started in London.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Miami is more of a pretender than we are, and they have almost as tough a schedule.

If we aren't tied w/ them or still a game back when that game comes around, I'll be surprised.  I think we'll still have a chance to win the division that week.

The Bills did that after the Hail Murray that one year.

Last year we started hot & ended cool.

I think this team is capable of a strong run.  But it's completely unpredictable as of today. They're in a funk that started in London.

That's the hope.  But the hope tank is getting dry, and we need to see some real progress in the next two weeks or it is time to hit the links.

• Agree 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:42 AM, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Lots of people see the Bills as a good team just needing to "wake up" from a slump.  

But this team hasn't been consistently good since Halloween last year.  They have been complete trash for most of the 2023 season.

The last two weeks, I've watched a ton of other teams.  More than usual.

It really opened my eyes to how far the Bills are behind the competition.

If I was Vegas and judging teams on a neutral site, I would place the Bills firmly behind the Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions and 49ers without even the slightest question.  The only reason the Dolphins aren't on that list, is because Josh Allen seems to have their number.  But Miami is absolutely the better team.  The spread would be a little closer, but I would also probably put the Bills behind the Jaguars and Browns.  That means I would have them ranked around 11-13, roughly in the same tier as the Seahawks and Steelers.  

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Lots of people see the Bills as a good team just needing to "wake up" from a slump.  

But this team hasn't been consistently good since Halloween last year.  They have been complete trash for most of the 2023 season.

The last two weeks, I've watched a ton of other teams.  More than usual.

It really opened my eyes to how far the Bills are behind the competition.

If I was Vegas and judging teams on a neutral site, I would place the Bills firmly behind the Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions and 49ers without even the slightest question.  The only reason the Dolphins aren't on that list, is because Josh Allen seems to have their number.  But Miami is absolutely the better team.  The spread would be a little closer, but I would also probably put the Bills behind the Jaguars and Browns.  That means I would have them ranked around 11-13, roughly in the same tier as the Seahawks and Steelers.  

I am not sold on the Dolphins. They haven't beaten anybody and when they have played a good team they lose and lose pretty big.

5-3 with losses to the three teams everyone is worried about (chiefs,eagles,cowboys) is much more than likely going to result in a playoff appearance and probably a division win.

there’s also the added wrinkle where if Miami has the division locked up and a seed they’re happy with they will be resting starters week 18

5-3 with an nfc win and a loss to eagles/cowboys,chiefs,dolphins is still a probable playoff appearance 

4-4 we’re pretty much done unless one of those wins is against Miami and we can snag the division  .  I’d say we’re still in pretty good shape.  Pretty much all the wildcard competition is in the AFC north and those teams all play eachother a bunch of times…there’s three afc north division games in the next two weeks 

If we lose tonight it’s definitely panic time though lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am not sold on the Dolphins. They haven't beaten anybody and when they have played a good team they lose and lose pretty big.

The ravens look like they could be in trouble too when you look at their schedule after being one of the superbowl favorites last week.  There’s a very real chance they end up missing the playoffs and one of pit/Cleveland wins the division 

Cleveland has really mucked things up for everybody lol they had no business winning the baltimore or SF games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The ravens look like they could be in trouble too when you look at their schedule after being one of the superbowl favorites last week.  There’s a very real chance they end up missing the playoffs and one of pit/Cleveland wins the division 

That was a bad loss for them yesterday considering they had 14-0 and 24-9 leads in the game. But they are good team with a good HC. I still think they win the division. Thursday will be a huge game with the Bengals at Ravens. If the Bengals lose then they are the ones who will be in big trouble.

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

That was a bad loss for them yesterday considering they had 14-0 and 24-9 leads in the game. But they are good team with a good HC. I still think they win the division. Thursday will be a huge game with the Bengals at Ravens. If the Bengals lose then they are the ones who will be in big trouble.

Bengals are already in trouble 😄. They’re in a worse situation than us despite beating us ironically enough lol. Much tougher path to a division win with 3 other good teams to contend with and already head to head losses to baltimore and Cleveland 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Bengals are already in trouble 😄. They’re in a worse situation than us despite beating us ironically enough lol. Much tougher path to a division win with 3 other good teams to contend with and already head to head losses to baltimore and Cleveland 

Exactly. I honestly think if they lose at Baltimore this Thursday then they won't make the playoffs. The Ravens already beat them in Cincinnati, so a win here gives them a season sweep. They would be 8-3 with the Bengals at 5-5. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Exactly. I honestly think if they lose at Baltimore this Thursday then they won't make the playoffs. The Ravens already beat them in Cincinnati, so a win here gives them a season sweep. They would be 8-3 with the Bengals at 5-5. 

The afc playoff picture is such a mess right now because so many of these teams play eachother still.  The jags play the Texans bengals browns and ravens 

texans play the jaguars and browns 

ravens play the bengals,chargers,jags,dolphins,steelers

Browns play the Steelers, jaguars,Texans,bengals 

Steelers play the browns, bengals twice, and the ravens

i don’t think there can even mathematically be 2 wildcard teams from the north that run away with it lol

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.