The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Cincinnati Edition

Chaos

Last January in Cincinnati:

Bengals first drive: TD 

Bengals second drive: driving and Damar happens. 

Last January in Buffalo:

Bengals first drive: TD  (79 yard drive)

Bengals second drive: TD (67 yard drive)

Last night:

Bengals first drive: TD (76 yards)

Bengals second drive: TD (54 yards)

No wonder the Bengals wanted the ball first last night. They had no doubt that they would jump out on top right away and make the Bills play catch up.

Different game. Same exact pattern.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Reading comprehension is always key. No one said the offensive line was good what I said was it had three good players big difference

Good clarification.   Unfortunately there are 5 line positions.   But yes if did seem like Dawkins stood tall most of the game last night.   I felt like Torrence and Brown gave up a few plays that the Bills really needed them to be mediocre and failed.  

But much of this year Torrence has been good.   

The defense hasn't been great, but it's been good enough. Against the Bengals it gave the offense a realistic chance to steal that game last night had it not been for the second turnover late. The Defense has been frustrating in that it can never get critical stops at the end of the game. If we lost last night 27 - 25, I'd harp on them again, but this one is on the offense. To make matters worse the offense got most of the draft capital in 2023 and seems to have regressed with no significant injuries. The next man up mantra, breaks with too many losses (and that is showing with out D). This Defense has been adequate given that the offense should be carrying it (in light of resource allocation and injuries).

Edited by Ballhawk

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The law firm of Jackson and Johnson were very good. Diggs & Kincaid (minus the fumble) were good. Maybe Dawkins best game of the year. 

everything else sucked, especially being hungover at work. 

After watching the Eagles game I told my buddy that Dawkins should say F it and just false start on every single play. 

He really took my advice to heart. 

Now if only Spencer Brown would do the same. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

How is throwing deep to Harty and then forcing it downfield to Davis protecting the defense?  

And the Bengals didn’t take foot off gas, they sputtered after Linval Joseph blew up Burrow.  Our defense was actually extremely physical after the 1st drive and held up extremely well.  Our offense stopped itself with dumbass play calls/decisions.  

I mean... a good throw to Harty and we might have a completion.  A great throw and you might get a TD.  That was neither.  

3 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I mean... a good throw to Harty and we might have a completion.  A great throw and you might get a TD.  That was neither.  

It’s a low percentage play and especially dumb/unnecessary when Cincy hadn’t  shown they could stop the underneath stuff on the 1st drive. Dorsey just ain’t ready for prime time.  The shotgun run from the 1 foot line last week and going away from the underneath stuff last night before Cincy took it away shows he has no in game awareness.  

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

It’s a low percentage play and especially dumb/unnecessary when Cincy hadn’t  shown they could stop the underneath stuff on the 1st drive. Dorsey just ain’t ready for prime time.  The shotgun run from the 1 foot line last week and going away from the underneath stuff last night before Cincy took it away shows he has no in game awareness.  

A - I dunno how you put that on dorsey.  If you don't send anyone deep you end up with spacing issues.  Plus occaisionally you do want to take a shot.  

B - Perhaps they showed a different coverage look on that play

C - It was a bad throw

D - It was first down, its not like 3rd and 1.  

I thought the D played well after the opening 2 drives. The Bengals are a contender and we had them punting. The D gave us a chance to win, again. And the offense stunk again. It comes down to the slow starts, even if the Bills score 10 on the opening 2 drives and it’s 14-10 it’s a different game than going into the half down 21-7. They play catch up in the 2 NG half and against hood teams they will fall short. 
And yes, the officials impacted the game 100%

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.