Good write-up about JA’s parents

BillsFan619

"Being here was not a mistake. It was not by chance. It was manufactured," the quarterback told 13WHAM Newsin 2020. “As little as I could remember, driving to school with my dad and he would take his cellphone and pretend to interview me like I had just won the Super Bowl."

When Josh was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in 2018, Joel recorded a personal message to his son. “I know you’re going to do some amazing things, and your mom and dad, we’re 100% behind you,” Joel said. “I’m so proud of you. Love you son.”

LaVonne also said, “We never had anticipated this happening to Josh this quickly. We always had dreams and hopes that he would someday get there, but this has just been kind of a crazy ride.”

Here’s the link to the full article:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/josh-allens-parents-joel-lavonne-172646595.html

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Good write-up about JA’s parents

Last year, I was sitting at a table on the outdoor patio of a restaurant in Morgan Hill, California, when the folks at a nearby table struck up a conversation with my wife and me.  At first, we talked about our husky who was with us.  But then they noticed my Bills iPhone protective case and commented on it.  It turned out they had recently become big Bills fans because of Josh Allen.  The woman went to high school with Josh's mom and both husband and wife knew his family.  They were complimentary about the entire Allen clan...  "Just the nicest people you'd ever want to know."    

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Last year, I was sitting at a table on the outdoor patio of a restaurant in Morgan Hill, California, when the folks at a nearby table struck up a conversation with my wife and me.  At first, we talked about our husky who was with us.  But then they noticed my Bills iPhone protective case and commented on it.  It turned out they had recently become big Bills fans because of Josh Allen.  The woman went to high school with Josh's mom and both husband and wife knew his family.  They were complimentary about the entire Allen clan...  "Just the nicest people you'd ever want to know."    

Couple years ago before we played the fish at home, I had to run down to the car to grab a cooler and bring it back up to the hotel room. A nice guy held the elevator door for me and I hopped in with him and his wife. We exchanged pleasantries and quick thoughts about the game the next day. Wasn’t till we were getting off and the woman said something like “did we leave that jacket at Josh’s?” that I realized it was his parents. They looked familiar but couldn’t place it until she said that. In our brief interaction they seemed like very nice / genuine people. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.