The Game

EmotionallyUnstable

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If we're strictly following the rules as set up, it would have to be a college or pro team Lamonica played for.  Am I correct, EmotionallyUnstable?

Correct. 

except I can’t answer this because my NFL history to this date and age is awful!

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

Dan Marino

A perfectly good answer, but since Marino's one and only professional team was used on page 1, is that team disqualified from further use for this trivia game?  EmotionallyUnstable, I am unsure if a team named once is forbidden from future use.

@Ridgewaycynic2013

We can play it however. If you want it to go in an continuous circle, repeated teams are a must (like with the Marino examples).

When we play; we try to keep it finite, and not allow repeats. This way, the ladder has run, and we start fresh with a new variation.

You could play:

- cross sports

- professional only teams

- position specific

For our purposes, let’s let it ride for now. Maybe challenge ourselves to select players who have an alternative selection so we can avoid the repeats? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Rudy

Manti Te'o

Man this is weird.  I forgot that guy and did an internet search on "San Diego football player internet scammed". And his name came up.  The weird thing is I did it before you posted.  I just didn't want to do two posts in a row.  What an obscure coincidence.  Out of all the Golden Domers - we both thought about the same guy.  Anyway:

San Diego Chargers

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Irv said:

Man this is weird.  I forgot that guy and did an internet search on "San Diego football player internet scammed". And his name came up.  The weird thing is I did it before you posted.  I just didn't want to do two posts in a row.  What an obscure coincidence.  Out of all the Golden Domers - we both thought about the same guy.  Anyway:

San Diego Chargers

Junior Seau

RIP

2 hours ago, muppy said:

@EmotionallyUnstable  Question: if a situation arises where the board is stuck on one answer. (what if noone can remember anyone from SMU) does the game halt?

This would be a situation where someone would likely challenge them:

So does @Mark Vader have another SMU player he can reference? If not, you restart and he takes the L. It kind of falls into the Jay cutler rule IMO 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This would be a situation where someone would likely challenge them:

So does @Mark Vader have another SMU player he can reference? If not, you restart and he takes the L. It kind of falls into the Jay cutler rule IMO 

Craig James

I know more if this doesn't work.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🌟MJ🏈10🌟

(Any unauthorized use of Mr. Jones' copyright protected logo will be met with legal action.  And a hissy fit on his part.  And a conditional draft pick for the New England Patriots.)

Alabama

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

He was at the end of his career. It's happened to many stars in the league.

I have always equated Namath with only playing for the Jets.  While verifying my answer for University of Alabama, I was surprised to see he finished his final year with LA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.