Mike Johnson, New Speaker of the House.

B-Man

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I like him.

Never heard of him.

Don't know a thing about him.

But I like him, and he's never made a mistake about Midway.

We'll see how that goes.

I gotta say I commend you on sharing your knowledge on different subjects. I always enjoy your posts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Good work Mr. Speaker !

9b3b052d-1b57-4775-aada-21566ef45222-105

BREAKING: Republican House Passes $14.3B Israel Aid Bill With Democrat Help ... and Some GOP Nays

By Becca Lower 

The House of Representatives, with a slim Republican majority as we barrel toward the 2024 presidential primaries, passed a bill on Thursday night to supplement funds to our ally Israel during the war with Hamas sparked by the terror group's October 7 invasion. The vote tally of 226-196 was the result of ayes by 12 Dems crossing the aisle

https://redstate.com/beccalower/2023/11/02/republican-house-passes-143b-israel-aid-bill-n2165840

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, sherpa said:

I'm saying that I posted that four Japanese carriers were destroyed at the same time.

Someone else posted that this was not correct, and that Hiryu was not sunk until later.

He was correct.

It was a lazy post and I acknowledged it.

You came in later. 

You can't remember it. That's why you incorrectly stated a claim above that I never made.

I can remember. Quite clearly. 

None of that has anything to do with your absolutely puking Biblical and Roman Empire nonsense in this thread.

That sounds like a lie. So you just let a mistake stand? 

Ok. And how didn't you know the facts? 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

194 democrats and 2 republicans voting against aid for Israel.  Wow.  

(That’s how we do this, correct?)

Its funny reading the middle of the night flood that tried to imply its the right thats anti isreal.

When everyone is seeing it. From the streets to colleges and social media.  

The left has chosen to side with terrorist and their narrative.  

That vote was just another instance where the script narrative does not match what we all see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

That sounds like a lie. So you just let a mistake stand? 

Ok. And how didn't you know the facts? 

Another stupid, unrelated post.

I was posting regarding LCDR Wade McClusky, a South Buffalo native, who, through amazing leadership combined with a bit of serendipity, led to the destruction of the Japanese carriers in the battle.

As Nimitz said:

"McClusky's decision to continue the search for the enemy and his judgment as to where the enemy might be found, "decided the fate of our carrier task force and our forces at Midway."

His actions turned the tide of the Pacific war. Japan was never offensive again. That was the point of my post.

In that post about McClusky, I stated that four Japanese carriers were destroyed in ten minutes. Actually three were. The fourth was attacked but not sunk until a few hours later. 

I did, and do know the facts. It was a mistake I made by being less careful than I usually am, and in a hurry.

If stating that four were sunk when actually the fourth was not sunk until a few hours later caused emotional discomfort, I apologize.

You, on the other hand completely butchered a post where you ha d:

the wrong guy.....Not just the wrong guy but mistaking two of the most famous people in that faith ever.

the foolish claim they were Roman citizens, which absolutely were not.

the idiotic claim that the Romans assisted the spread of what was called at the time "The Way," when they eventually imprisoned tortured and killed those people.

Normally, at this point I would post a particularly accusatory ending, pointing out your wackiness, but I no longer care to point out what is grossly obvious.

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why did they vote against it?

I would assume because they were against the bill, looking to provide financial aid and support to Israel?   Maybe they are positioning to squeeze Israel into a cease-fire?  

Why do you think these people voted against supporting our ally in that region? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would assume because they were against the bill, looking to provide financial aid and support to Israel?   Maybe they are positioning to squeeze Israel into a cease-fire?  

Why do you think these people voted against supporting our ally in that region? 

Gee, I wonder?

Johnson's actions have highlighted the GOP's questionable tactics regarding concerns over the national debt. Depriving the IRS of funding needed to curtail tax evasion by the rich won't decrease the debt, it will only amplify it.

• Like (+1) 1

Back to Mike Johnson.

Flailing Democrats Hit Comical New Low Over Speaker Mike Johnson. 

8a6fa3a1-f246-4622-ab61-4f0b1cea4359-105

FTA:

The Dems and their mouthpieces no doubt had extensive hate files put together for most of the people who were being mentioned to become the new Speaker of the House after Kevin McCarthy was unceremoniously shown the door. When Johnson was given the nod, they probably muttered a collective, "Who?!?!?" like the rest of us. 

“As has been mentioned here before, the worst things that the Democrats have been able to come up with when whining about Johnson is that he likes Donald Trump, and he loves Jesus, neither of whom is popular with the Left.”  Johnson's detractors would love this to be "history's greatest monster" stuff, but it's not. The base might reflexively fork over a few bucks at the mention of the trigger words, but they're most likely looking for something juicier. 

{snip}

There was a time when the Democrats were perceived as more in touch with common folks and Republicans were the upper-crust elitists, but that is no longer the case. Dems are probably truly aghast that Johnson isn't landed gentry, which is a stark contrast to the last person they had occupying his office. At the height of the pandemic, Granny Boxwine did a television interview where she showed off the two freezers full of ice cream helping her get through the hell of lockdown. A real woman of the people, that Nancy Pelosi. 

Since we're always honest with each other here, I like the idea of a politician who hasn't focused on working the back channels for personal financial gain being in a position of power. Wealthy members of Congress are far too cavalier with how they spend the taxpayers' money. Someone who understands what a household budget is would be greatly appreciated. 

https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2023/11/03/the-morning-briefing-flailing-democrats-hit-comical-new-low-over-speaker-mike-johnson-n4923576

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

NOV 01, 2023, 07:16 PM | 118TH CONGRESS, 1ST SESSION

Vote Question: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Agree

Declaring it is the policy of the United States that a nuclear Islamic Republic of Iran is not acceptable.

Vote Type: 2/3 Yea-And-Nay

never saw that in the news. 

https://news.antiwar.com/2023/11/02/house-passes-resolution-that-suggests-using-force-against-iran/

The House on Wednesday passed a resolution that suggested the US would use force against Iran in the future in the name of preventing the country from acquiring nuclear weapons.

The resolution says a nuclear-armed Iran is “unacceptable” and declares that it’s the policy of the US to “use all means necessary to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.”

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2023560

The resolution passed in a vote of 354-53, with 50 Democrats and three Republicans voting against the measure. Explaining his opposition, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) because it seemed like a call for war.

“Yesterday Congress passed a resolution (354 to 53) that claims Iran possesses all it needs for a nuclear weapon,” Massie wrote on X. “The same resolution says the US should ‘use all means necessary to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.’ Seems like a call for war on Iran. I voted No.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

makes sense why it was quiet though. had more than 150 dems vote yes. 

their voters/supporters would not like to hear that.

Same with Blinken going to Israel. He probably said that we totally support them.  but the media and politicians push the narrative about a cease fire.

then the mob keeps yelling about the right and  Bibi the war monger.

• Agree 1