How bad is Allen's shoulder, REALLY?

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This would make a lot more sense if he didn’t open the game with an obvious stare down INT. 

His shoulder wasn’t to blame for that.

Taking untimely sacks we’re on his shoulder.

It’s easy to cop out on that being a reason but I don’t buy it:

Just like he was concussed vs the jets?

Never was in the conversation of that concussion so I don't really know. 

And yes, he had mental errors as well. Not saying he played particularly great for a large chunk of the game. I'm talking about his off target passes. You're talking about sacks. 

Think it can be a little of all of the above.  Yes he delivered some great passes, but did also miss and was off target more than normal so do wonder if it was the shoulder.  Also do agree with the comments that the issue is in Allens head, seems lately there is some truth there too. 

To say his shoulder is fine is laughable as no one here posting really knows the answer on than Allen saying it's fine, but what would you expect him to say.

Bigger issue seems to be the overall offense play calling.  Last week Knox dropped a pass, but wasn't a great throw either, was 50/50 ball.  Today, that was a big drop with no excuses should have been an easy catch.  1st couple of weeks o line looked real strong, lately they have become a mess too.

Then add in you're likely missing your best 4 defenders or at worst 4 of the top 6 including your best two run stoppers

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

No, I would not take anything any of the twitter docs say on any injury. I'd take Allen's word - and he said postgame (and all week for that matter) that it was fine. 

Lol of course he is going to say that.

Von Miller also said he’s fine and would be ready by week 1.

7 weeks in and he’s done nothing

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Lol of course he is going to say that.

Von Miller also said he’s fine and would be ready by week 1.

7 weeks in and he’s done nothing

Allen threw balls on a string today and last week following the injury...he has 3-4 bad throws and plays like trash for 3.5 quarters and everyone wants to make excuses for him. He's fine. 

Allen has been outplayed by Zack Wilson, dude in Jax, tyros Taylor and that turd in new England.

Our d sucks, but our o and Allen have stunk.  Three weeks in a row I've turned off the bills game early.  

This team is circling the drain, and it is McDermott thing.  He used to have a blow out stinker once a year, now we have a team that got up mile high vs the dolphins and have sucked cheeks since.  We should be on a three game skid, we were just lucky vs the giants.

The injuries are long term horrible, but this is a team with little confidence.  Starting each week poorly is a coaching thing.  Idiot play calls and pulling cook out in the Red zone is a coaching thing.  Lax slow low energy for 3 weeks in a row is a coaching thing.

Just now, ALLinALLEN said:

Allen threw balls on a string today and last week following the injury...he has 3-4 bad throws and plays like trash for 3.5 quarters and everyone wants to make excuses for him. He's fine. 

“He’s fine”. You have no idea respectfully. 

Neither do I. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh's shoulder might be an issue still, but good god people, we literally took the lead with less than 2 minutes left, converted a 2 pt conversion, and then allowed the Mac Jones led Patriots march down the field on us and score a touchdown. Not Mahomes! Not Burrow. Not Tua. Mac Jones!! A team that was scoring what, 12 points a game? Absolutely demoralizing, and what's worse, I had a feeling that's what would happen as soon as we scored.

Trust me people, at some point it is okay to shift some of that blame around.

• Like (+1) 1

“He’s fine”. You have no idea respectfully. 

Neither do I. 

He took 1 minute of postgame and shot down the injury talk and quit the presser. He said he's fine he's fine. You all can speculate and make excuses but I'll take what he said. If he said he's fine then we should hold him to that. 

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

He took 1 minute of postgame and shot down the injury talk and quit the presser. He said he's fine he's fine. You all can speculate and make excuses but I'll take what he said. If he said he's fine then we should hold him to that. 

Ok. So is Von Miller fine? Should have been ready to play week 1, right ? Cause that’s what he said.

As a leader , the last thing you do is make excuses. Of course he is going to say he’s fine…..

Ok. So is Von Miller fine? Should have been ready to play week 1, right ? Cause that’s what he said.

As a leader , the last thing you do is make excuses. Of course he is going to say he’s fine…..

There's a big difference and you know it. Allen missed ZERO time with his injury, but has a few bad throws and people want to say hes hurt. Von tore his ACL and missed an entire year. Way different.

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

There's a big difference and you know it. Allen missed ZERO time with his injury, but has a few bad throws and people want to say hes hurt. Von tore his ACL and missed an entire year. Way different.

There is a difference when it comes to the extent of the injury for sure.

Theres not a difference when players say “I’m fine, I’m good to go”.

Any competitor who has ownership is going to say that

Edited by BillsFan130

There is a difference when it comes to the extent of the injury for sure.

Theres not a difference when players say “I’m fine, I’m good to go”.

Any competitor who has ownership is going to say that

If Allen missed any time or showed signs of aching today I'd agree with you...but he didnt. He just was flat out bad today. It's not his injury though.

Just now, ALLinALLEN said:

If Allen missed any time or showed signs of aching today I'd agree with you...but he didnt. He just was flat out bad today. It's not his injury though.

He did miss some practice time and said he was sore.

Again, maybe you’re right and he was fine.

Maybe it was bothering him.

We simply don’t know, but those high throws were very inconsistent from his as he’s been very accurate this year.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this the entire story. He’s mired somewhere in Phillip Rivers / Andrew Luck world. 

He is better than Rivers IMO … but has 3-4 sub par games every year …

That first play today was an absolute killer when they needed to start strong 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.