NFL Week 6: Why does the Buffalo market get such bad games early Sunday?

Offside Number 76

4 hours ago, Offside Number 76 said:

I can't imagine most of us want to watch out-of-conference Seattle against 2-3 Cincinnati, but that's what we get at 1pm on CBS instead of rooting for Carolina against Miami, or watching a tiebreaker matchup atop the AFC south between Indy and Jacksonville.

Fox doesn't have anything interesting at all in that time slot, so I guess SF at Browns is the best the league can do.

But why is our CBS affiliate carrying a game that few of us could care about?

I would imagine the networks have the data on viewership that shows the historical popularity of teams in every market.   The data drives the decision .. too much money at stake to do it any other way

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I would imagine the networks have the data on viewership that shows the historical popularity of teams in every market.   The data drives the decision .. too much money at stake to do it any other way

Yes, in fact, FOX Sports makes public each week which games have what percent of the too 58 markets (regionalizations):

https://mcusercontent.com/4ef9e48118d62394ba5b65ae9/files/3b7e90f8-e0c8-c240-5249-2f6dc3c6372a/Week_6_NFL_Regionalization.pdf

Edited by chongli

When I looked at this weeks schedule all I saw were bad game in the entire 1:00 slot.  So can't say western NY got screwed, the entire country did. Bengals were supposed to be one of the best teams in conference so that was expected to be a good one.

If you really were interested in watching the Miami Carolina game, I'd suggest finding a better hobby.  :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.