1T needed

TD716

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

The point was that your slant was purely hypothetical.  You said in relation to Ford stepping in for Jones, what if Ford goes down.  

I suppose we deal with the injuries if and when they come.  

There's no sense in attempting to cover every possible permutation that could result from injuries.  

And OK, we had a couple of key injuries on Sunday, why should we expect that to repeat itself, and if it does, then perhaps we need to start looking at our training regimen, coaching for how prepared our team is, etc.  

Milano was a huge loss, and one that I sternly warned about should we not start getting some capable LBs that could defend the run, where we currently rank near DFL.  

Jones not so much, his loss people are overreacting to.  The odds of him playing in the next 12 games like he has to date were remote anyway.  

We'll see what happens, but Gunner and I have been having a go round in discussing and hoping that both Oliver and Rousseau bloom into elite players.  If that happens we'll be more than fine.  

Our pass D will be OK either way.  Milano was a good pass defender, but so are Williams and Bernard.  

Well, it’s hard to hypothesize on injuries that haven’t happened yet

We’ve already been hit pretty hard losing all pros is not going to be easy to fix the only good news on this is the bills recent drafting have at least put a player in the bullpen

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, TD716 said:

We have needed a good backup 1T space eating run stopper since the playoff loss to Cincinnati last year. Loss of Milano hurts but losing Daquan Jones hurts more. Putting a 3T in to play 1T isn’t going to get us far into the playoffs. 

Well Joseph fits that bill so Beane must have been thinking along the same lines ...

• Like (+1) 1

I never thought I'd be this excited over a street FA, but it's exactly what we needed. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:35 AM, TD716 said:

We have needed a good backup 1T space eating run stopper since the playoff loss to Cincinnati last year. Loss of Milano hurts but losing Daquan Jones hurts more. Putting a 3T in to play 1T isn’t going to get us far into the playoffs. 

Good call!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.