Who will be the first coach fired?

EmotionallyUnstable

Who will be the first HC fired in 2023?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Tom Landry got fired.

That was a long time ago so I don't recall all of the details, but the situation was vastly different.

The Cowboys were under new ownership, and the new owner (Jerry Jones) had no sentimental ties to the existing regime. And he just happened to be a close acquaintance of a guy (Jimmy Johnson) who he wanted as his coach even before making the deal.  

In the case of Belichick, the owner and coach have hoisted the Lombardi trophy together and celebrated the dynasty of the early 2000s as part of the same organization. If Kraft sees it as time to rebuild under a new front office and coaching staff, he's almost certainly going to be diplomatic and cognizant of optics and encourage Belichick to gracefully retire.  The only way I see Belichick getting fired is if he was just plain stubborn and refused Kraft's 'offer' or he were caught up in some controversy that necessitated his dismissal. 

I suspect Belichick will realize his best days are behind him and voluntarily walk off into the sunset on his own terms within a year or two.

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.