Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

16 minutes ago, sherpa said:

First, I really appreciate and respect your participation and heart felt viewpoints.

You seem sincere, and most important to me, apolitical.

You express yourself with sincerity and honesty.

The 1948 war was the result of a stupid solution from a war tired world feeling guilty from an exposure of the genocide they had caused, (Germany), or didn't notice or acknowledge.

Smart solutions almost never result from these situations, and didn't in this situation.

What I've noticed over the years of this horrible issue is the complete lack of any interest in a solution that is reasonable from the Arab world, who has killed and ejected Palestinians from their borders over and over. 

Reasonable proposals have been suggested. Always rejected.

So.... Cold as it may seem, my view is formed by hearing what was done on Oct. 7, actions that I have never imagined, and I fully support Israel's goal of completely eliminating Hamas, and going from there.

Appreciate that. 

And I agree. I want Hamas gone too but I know another group will follow and maybe even worse. You know that too. 

It’s not up to me but if it were I’d give up on having a Palestinian state. I just want the right to return and equal rights. I realize that’ll never happen. Israel doesn’t want that either. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

Appreciate that. 

And I agree. I want Hamas gone too but I know another group will follow and maybe even worse. You know that too. 

It’s not up to me but if it were I’d give up on having a Palestinian state. I just want the right to return and equal rights. I realize that’ll never happen. Israel doesn’t want that either. 

I get what you're saying.

But.....What you have never said or commented on when i have brought this up, is where is Arab leadership seeking a solution?

The world never hears that.

Where are the proposals?

All they ever do is equip, arm, train and fund aggressors, indoctrinate their youth in hate, and prolong this issue.

The rest of the world, including the Israelis are ready.

Their is a vacuum in the Arab world, except for the gross aggressiveness  of Iran.

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I get what you're saying.

But.....What you have never said or commented on when i have brought this up, is where is Arab leadership seeking a solution?

The world never hears that.

Where are the proposals?

All they ever do is equip, arm, train and fund aggressors, indoctrinate their youth in hate, and prolong this issue.

The rest of the world, including the Israelis are ready.

Their is a vacuum in the Arab world, except for the gross aggressiveness  of Iran.

This issue is a lot more complex than this. I mean we fought proxy wars and actual wars in the entire ME. We had a hand in completely destroying it and now you wonder where the leadership is? 

Every Arab leader is in survival mode and their only interest is not to become the next country on the hit list. 

As for teaching hate I’ve yet to meet a family that actually does that. Oppressors do a great job of teaching how to hate on their own. 

The Israelis aren’t eager to give up land. They vilified and then assassinated Rabin. This is BS. 

Edited by Justice

23 minutes ago, Justice said:

This issue is a lot more complex than this. I mean we fought proxy wars and actual wars in the entire ME. We had a hand in completely destroying it and now you wonder where the leadership is? 

Every Arab leader is in survival mode and their only interest is not to become the next country on the hit list. 

Ya. I do.

I wonder where any Arab leadership is regarding this, survival mode or not.

Blaming Israel for the Palestinian problem is not credible.

Real estate can be worked out with honest parties.

Real estate with one party launching rockets at point blank cannot.

No political entity, no matter how motivated for peace, is going to tolerate the actions coming out of the Gaza from Hamas.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Ya. I do.

I wonder where any Arab leadership is regarding this, survival mode or not.

Blaming Israel for the Palestinian problem is not credible.

Real estate can be worked out with honest parties.

Real estate with one party launching rockets at point blank cannot.

No political entity, no matter how motivated for peace, is going to tolerate the actions coming out of the Gaza from Hamas.

You’re simply ignoring the occupation. We can’t do that. You’re isolating the 7th and taking away all that goes with it. No mention of the hundreds of Palestinians killed in the West Bank this year prior to 10/7. You’re Ignoring the expansion of settlements. You’re ignoring all the evictions that have been taking place. BOTH sides have handled this poorly. 

Peace isn’t easy. There will be tons of obstacles in the way but over time they can be overcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Justice said:

Honestly I don’t know 

What I do know about water is my family that lives in the WB always have to make sure their wells are full because their water gets cut off frequently by the Israelis. 

It’s good to have a perspective of people that actually live there. Thank you for commenting

• Like (+1) 2

Terrorist bombing in the Philippine's today, any bets on the religion of the bombers?

Philippine president blames foreign militants for a bombing that killed 4 Christian worshippers

"Regional military commander Maj. Gen. Gabriel Viray III said four people were killed by the explosion, including three women, and 50 others were brought to two hospitals for treatment."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Precision said:

Terrorist bombing in the Philippine's today, any bets on the religion of the bombers?

Philippine president blames foreign militants for a bombing that killed 4 Christian worshippers

"Regional military commander Maj. Gen. Gabriel Viray III said four people were killed by the explosion, including three women, and 50 others were brought to two hospitals for treatment."

Putin is a Christian, he does more terrorism than that everyday before 6 am. 

What Arab Nations Are Reportedly Saying
to Israel in Private Is Quite Interesting

by Matt Vespa

It feeds into everything that’s been reported about Israel’s Arab neighbors and why they don’t want Palestinian refugees roaming wild in their country: they bring trouble.

The late King Hussein had to declare war on them and successfully drove them out. The problem is the Palestinian Liberation Organization set up shop in Lebanon, where they caused problems for the government while also attacking Israel from the southern part of the country. Israel had to invade in 1982 and remained in Southern Lebanon until 2000. Egypt has closed its border with the Gaza Strip in Rafah due to terrorism concerns.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/12/02/what-arab-nations-are-telling-israel-privately-is-quite-interesting-n2631920

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

You are suggesting a hypothetical that I don't think directly applies.

Israel defeated  multi Arab nation attacks, and in doing so, acquired the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Golan Heights, Sinai and parts of Southern Lebanon. It gave up Southern Lebanon and the Sinai.

They could have taken Damascus and Cairo were it not for forced ceasefires.

When you start a war you suffer the consequences.

To answer your hypothetical, if the US was "invaded" as Israel was, I would expect the same response. The US would react the way Israel did. Beat back the invasion and do what we could to ensure it didn't happen again, all the while pursuing an agreeable end of the issue, which they have and has always been rejected. 

The likelihood is not that great for the same reason Ukraine doesn’t go over russias borders

Nukes

• Dislike 1

An American destroyer and several commercial ships were the targets of a series of attacks Sunday. The attacks were by drones and ballistic anti-ship missiles and are believed to have originated in Yemen by anyone with access to a map. There are no reports of damage. The Pentagon said, "We’re aware of reports regarding attacks on the USS Carney [nice to know, as I don't take any level of competence for granted in Austin's Defense Department] and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and will provide information as it becomes available."

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/12/03/breaking-us-destroyer-and-several-other-ships-attacked-in-red-sea-biden-prepares-to-do-nothing-n2167113

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

An American destroyer and several commercial ships were the targets of a series of attacks Sunday. The attacks were by drones and ballistic anti-ship missiles and are believed to have originated in Yemen by anyone with access to a map. There are no reports of damage. The Pentagon said, "We’re aware of reports regarding attacks on the USS Carney [nice to know, as I don't take any level of competence for granted in Austin's Defense Department] and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and will provide information as it becomes available."

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/12/03/breaking-us-destroyer-and-several-other-ships-attacked-in-red-sea-biden-prepares-to-do-nothing-n2167113

You’re quite the Warhawk aren’t you pissed the Biden isn’t taking immediate action before he takes into account all of the information. Damn him.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, sherpa said:

Too early to tell, But if the US Carney was attacked, as has been reported, the Iranian led Houthi group and Yemen may suffer a response for attacking international shipping operations. 

One would hope.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Precision said:

So your guess is Putin?  Wrong again Oppenheimer!

No Putin is a terrorist 

He is also christian 

God bless you 😀

18 minutes ago, yall said:

One would hope.

Iran might have The Bomb soon. Thats's rather unsettling 

• Eyeroll 1