Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

Wow, treating them almost like terrorists 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/11/30/israel-hamas-war-news-gaza-hostages-update-palestine/

U.S. plans visa ban on Israeli settlers involved in West Bank violence

Return to menu

By Michael Birnbaum

DUBAI — The Biden administration has concrete plans to impose visa bans within weeks on Israeli settlers in the West Bank who U.S. authorities believe are connected to extremist violence against Palestinians, Secretary of State Antony Blinken told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a Jerusalem meeting, a senior State Department official said Friday.

Blinken told Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders that the Biden administration wants them to take stronger action against settler violence, and that the United States will take action of its own, the official said, implementing a warning that President Biden made in a Washington Post op-ed last month. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly about the closed-door talks.

“I have been emphatic with Israel’s leaders that extremist violence against Palestinians in the West Bank must stop and that those committing the violence must be held accountable,” Biden wrote. “The United States is prepared to take our own steps, including issuing visa bans against extremists attacking civilians in the West Bank.”

The decision would restrict those Israelis from travel to the United States. Many settlers involved in the violence are also U.S. citizens, and the United States government has no power to restrict their movement, the official said, but Blinken encouraged the Israelis to take court action against everyone involved in lawbreaking, including U.S. citizens, the official said.

Settler violence against Palestinians in the West Bank has surged in the wake of the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel, according to rights groups, which warn that the settler movement is seeking to further entrench its presence across the occupied territory.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Eyeroll 1

Judging and critiquing a nation's response to a report of an intel object is a fool's errand.

Same happened after 9-11.

People who read this stuff have no idea what is reported every day. No idea of the credibility of the sources, and no idea of plans or processes to deal with it.

I'm certain the hammer will fall on the Israeli folks who misjudged this, but this is not the time.

The lesson is that those who commit these atrocities are responsible. Not the ones who guessed wrong.

Really goofy for a US citizen to ever think that he could possibly know what Israel deals with every day on many fronts, but that what message boards provide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

It's just common sense, which those blinded by bias lack, that if an enemy just over a border want to kill you, you prepare for it. 

Especially when they are posting on social media preparations for an attack. 

Pretty simple 

The Unhinged Among Us

Victor Davis Hanson | Dec 01, 2023

October 7 should have been an open-and-shut case of moral condemnation.

During peace and holiday, invading Hamas, gunmen murdered, tortured, mass raped, decapitated, and mutilated some 1,200 Israelis. The vast majority were unarmed women, children, infants, and the elderly.

The cowardly murderers proudly filmed their atrocities and then fled back to Gaza -- to cheers from the Gaza street.

Before Israel even retaliated, the mass murder of Jews earned praise from the Middle East, the international hard left, and especially the faculty and students of elite Western campuses.

When the Israeli Defense Forces struck back, the killers dispersed to the safety of their multibillion-dollar subterranean cities. The cowardly elite architects of the mass murder fled to Arab sanctuaries in Lebanon and Qatar.

From its headquarters burrowed below hospitals, mosques, and schools, Hamas bartered hostages for a reprieve from the IDF and the release of its own convicted terrorists in Israeli jails.

Hamas shot any of its own supporters who refused to shield Hamas gunmen.

It continued launching rockets at Israeli civilian centers. It serially lied about its casualties, expropriating intended relief food and fuel for its underground tunnel city of killers.

Abroad, Hamas supporters also emulated the methods of the pro-Nazi demonstrators in Western cities of the 1930s. Unlike their pro-Israel critics, the pro-Hamas demonstrators in the U.S. and Europe turned violent.

They took over and defaced private and public property. They chanted genocidal antisemitic slogans calling for erasure of the nation of Israel.

They interrupted shoppers, blocked highways, attacked businesses, and swarmed bridges. They assaulted the police.

The majority wore masks to hide their identities in the fashion of antisemitic Klansmen.

Why did the doctrinaire left, the youth of the Democratic Party, and the campuses outdo each other in their antisemitic venom toward Israel?

For the first time in their lives, many of the ignorant protestors suddenly professed concern about refugees, colonialism, disproportionality, innocent civilians, and the rules of war.

But none could explain why the Palestinians who fled Israel in 1947-48 still self-identify as victimized "refugees" when 900,000 Jews ethnically cleansed from Middle-East Arab cities about the same time do not.

https://townhall.com/columnists/victordavishanson/2023/12/01/the-unhinged-among-us-n2631857#google_vignette

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

if the door was left wide open. they wouldn't have needed little airplanes to go over it.

Its interesting but predictable how the narrative has moved to victim blaming and parroting HAMAS narratives.

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Little machines that are so small they were not seen on radar, but looked like birds?

Im just stating the fact this is the HAMAS narrative you're promoting.

and victim blaming.

Got a feeling no intel is being ignored now.

It is what it is.

I highly doubt this is a Hamas narrative. If you let Hamas tell it they’ll make it like it was the greatest invasion ever. They’ll say it was their strength and capabilities that carried them through. The last thing they would say is their mission was a success because Israel is inept. 

• Vomit 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, B-Man said:

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html

Israeli officials obtained Hamas’s battle plan for the Oct. 7 terrorist attack more than a year before it happened, documents, emails and interviews show. But Israeli military and intelligence officials dismissed the plan as aspirational, considering it too difficult for Hamas to carry out.

The approximately 40-page document, which the Israeli authorities code-named “Jericho Wall,” outlined, point by point, exactly the kind of devastating invasion that led to the deaths of about 1,200 people.

The translated document, which was reviewed by The New York Times, did not set a date for the attack, but described a methodical assault designed to overwhelm the fortifications around the Gaza Strip, take over Israeli cities and storm key military bases, including a division headquarters.

Hamas followed the blueprint with shocking precision. The document called for a barrage of rockets at the outset of the attack, drones to knock out the security cameras and automated machine guns along the border, and gunmen to pour into Israel en masse in paragliders, on motorcycles and on foot — all of which happened on Oct. 7.

I didn't see how Netanyahu kept his job after this before, seeing it less and less.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The entire narrative for the theory, is the evil occupiers allowed a false flag to happen so they could genocide Palestinians and raze gaza.  

Ah i see. So you think everyone is Hamas? 

• Eyeroll 1

lol, the usual dump of HAMAS propaganda.

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

Ah i see. So you think everyone is Hamas? 

So you think its a grand conspiracy where Israel allowed it to happen, assisted with it. and is all so they can genocide?

you just brought up the strange strawman assuming all Palestinians are Hamas.

Silly

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I didn't see how Netanyahu kept his job after this before, seeing it less and less.

The Israelis take their time, but his gov will be blamed and gone.

Same thing happened with Golda Meir after Yom Kippur in 73.

The best course is to allow Netanyahu and the in place gov and military to handle this.

They are capable.

Internal politics can be dealt with later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So they just ignore that border? It's not like it would of taken a huge force to watch it. 

Pretty sure the settlers had to call the police when the attack began. The police! 

The door was left, if not wide open, secured with a weak lock. 

Perhaps its unintentional, but do realize you're also describing another situation?  Jeopardy answer.... What is US DHS?

10 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

lol, the usual dump of HAMAS propaganda.

So you think its a grand conspiracy where Israel allowed it to happen, assisted with it. and is all so they can genocide?

you just brought up the strange strawman assuming all Palestinians are Hamas.

Silly

I’ve been there. I know all about that wall. Only a asshat would think this wasn’t allowed to happen. One guy or a handful of guys ok I can see that. But thousands? Enter without opposition? For hours? And to be clear I said they might have assisted with it. We already know Hamas was given tons of cash from the Israelis. So I’m sure that helped. 

But never mind all of that. You said this was Hamas’ narrative and that’s what I’m disputing. 

• Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

I’ve been there. I know all about that wall. Only a asshat would think this wasn’t allowed to happen. One guy or a handful of guys ok I can see that. But thousands? Enter without opposition? For hours? And to be clear I said they might have assisted with it. We already know Hamas was given tons of cash from the Israelis. So I’m sure that helped. 

But never mind all of that. You said this was Hamas’ narrative and that’s what I’m disputing. 

You just can’t admit how evil hamas is. It has to be Israel’s fault. Bunch of idiots.

19 minutes ago, Westside said:

You just can’t admit how evil hamas is. It has to be Israel’s fault. Bunch of idiots.

Hamas is evil 

Who’s responsibility is it to protect their people huh? 

Edited by Justice

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The Israelis take their time, but his gov will be blamed and gone.

Same thing happened with Golda Meir after Yom Kippur in 73.

The best course is to allow Netanyahu and the in place gov and military to handle this.

They are capable.

Internal politics can be dealt with later.

George W got reelected 

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It's just common sense, which those blinded by bias lack, that if an enemy just over a border want to kill you, you prepare for it. 

Especially when they are posting on social media preparations for an attack. 

Pretty simple 

Where were the videos posted? What platform?