Week 3, Bills v. WTFs, 09/24/2023 - GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

I just think it’s interesting. Whenever the office of line does well it’s the office of line that gets the credit whenever they don’t play. Well, it’s Spencer Brown’s fault.

Spencer Brown deserves his own flowers, especially given all of the ridiculing he took in the off-season

He is a legitimate right tackle in the NFL if he can stay healthy

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

So risk injury just to break up int that isn't gonna lose the game for us?  I want all Bills to be smart about not taking anything unneeded shots and to keep as healthy as possible.  Gabe has always given effort if at times the results us bad  gotta be aware of game  score the int posed no momentum  shift.  Did you criticize Diggs not knocking the int in first game out fr8om the defending cb  he tried but missed so that was a fail on Diggs as your gripe on Gabe. 

Lol @ risk injury

• Agree 1

Leonard F-ing Floyd. 

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

The 12th man. 
I was there. I’ve been to Tennessee twice and that’s always loud for the Bills. 
But this was different. The defense was literally pumping up the fans. At an away game. It was LOUD on 3rd downs…. For the Commanders. 

Daniel Snyder pissed away a great fan base. It will take some time to get it back.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I can't give Davis a game ball

Another bad drop and can't make up any ground to fight for INT

I was hoping not to be That Guy to say this, but now that you’ve been That Guy - outside of the TD, Gabe Davis was the fly in my Magic Ointment from this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Huge catches all day (we'll overlook the drop) and with his TD, the rout was on.  Gabe is having hisself a season so far.

The TD play was a Thing of Beauty.  

But when did these other huge catches occur?    That was his only catch on 4 targets, one of which was the pick.

Right now, trusting Gabe Davis seems to be Josh’s Achilles heel.  And no, I’m not overlooking the drop.  If he wants to be paid like a top receiver he’s got to catch the ball.  Otherwise give Sherfield or Shakir or Harty or Kincaid a chance.

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Anyone that doesn’t say BERNARD is a hater. He single-handedly wrecked that Washington offense. One of the greatest games from a LB that I’ve ever seen. This dude is a rising star ️ 

Agree, and I will belly up to the bar for my personal helping of Bernard Crow Pie.

I thought he was too small and based on last season, I thought he was gonna be Lost in Space.  

Looking good, kid, looking good.  Keep looking good and I’ll gladly accept my 2nd helping of crow

eating-crow.jpg?resize=600,446&ssl=1

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The TD play was a Thing of Beauty.  

But when did these other huge catches occur?    That was his only catch on 4 targets, one of which was the pick.

Right now, trusting Gabe Davis seems to be Josh’s Achilles heel.  And no, I’m not overlooking the drop.  If he wants to be paid like a top receiver he’s got to catch the ball.  Otherwise give Sherfield or Shakir or Harty or Kincaid a chance.

I did my mea culpa already and edited the post.  This will be my last apology.

18 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh and Baby Stef get their automatic game balls.  Baby Stef was wide open all day long, and Josh just kept feeding him.  I'm going to start with the D today, for obvious reasons:

Terrel "Saint" Bernard - Best player on the field today, and it wasn't close for 2nd place.  Sacks, TFL's, INT, PD, recovered fumble.  You name it, he did it today.  He simply imposed his will on the WFTs, and they had no answer.  Look for him to be AFC and possibly NFL Defensive Player of the Week.  Outstanding for a guy that was deemed too small and many here wanted him replaced after one game with a guy who just retired.  Line up for some crow, Bernard haterz.

Front 7 - Howell was constantly under pressure today.  I lost track of how many sacks, pressures, etc. we had.  Huge pressure by Groot to snuff out a WFT chance to score on 4th and goal at the 2.  Pick 6 by Epenesa was just salt in the wound.  Robinson had some success on the ground, but ultimately not enough after the WFTs fell behind.

Back 4 - INT's by TreDay and "Dr. Jekyll and" Micah Hyde to snuff out any chance for the WFTs to mount a comeback.  Coverage was tight and the WFT WRs had almost no YAC to speak of.  A stellar effort by the secondary.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Huge catch on the TD, and the rout was on.  Gabe is having hisself a season so far.  (Edited this because as others pointed out, this was Gabe's only catch of the day.  I don't take notes or look at stats, I go by impressions.  I apologize for the error and will try to do better in the future).  

O Line - Run success wasn't there early, but got better as the game went on.  On the pass blocking side, Josh had all day to throw all game long.  The vaunted WFT pass rush was largely held in check.  The O-Line was a big reason we won this game.

"I'm Rick" James Cook",BIATCH!" - Started slow, but gained steam and finished with nearly 100 yards.  Bills haven't had a back this good since LeShady.

WHO YA GOT??

3 games into his career Bernard had a day Edmunds could only dream of.  Did we ever think Edmunds was the best player on the field by a mile in any game in the 5 years he was here?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.