Bills xmas train clearing out Dad's stuff

North Buffalo

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

Holy crap! Nice! Look in the walls. Maybe you'll find some money!

Decades ago we bought a house a dentist had left vacant for more than a year. After closing he was very earnest in telling me he had stashed $2,500 cash somewhere, but he could never remember where he put it. There were many nooks and crannies in this house, and I think I looked in every one of them.

This guy wasn’t evil or funny enough to be pulling my leg, he believed it. But I should have had one eye on the wife when he mentioned it!   😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t remember the trains, but down in the man cave we have a bunch of those old cartoon program covers from the early 60’s framed. I had boxes of those programs as a kid, but I got this dozen or so covers on-line recently. 

Don't know if you know, those covers were drawn by @Guffalo's father.  

On 9/24/2023 at 11:05 AM, Augie said:

I knew it was the father of someone here, but did not recall who. Those covers are a nice childhood memory and look great on the wall by the big screen downstairs! 

I had them as a kid, Dad was also the account rep for Holling Press which printed the programs, every Thursday he would come home with a few, I would get a sneak peek at the Sunday programs and I would squirrel them away. He had the account until the mid/late 70's. I had them all neatly stacked by years in my bookcase in my room. As with all things related to childhood, after moving away to college, Mom cleaned up and threw out all of those "old magazines" . I have a few, but lost probably 16 years of them in the great cleanup of 1980.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

I had them as a kid, Dad was also the account rep for Holling Press which printed the programs, every Thursday he would come home with a few, I would get a sneak peek at the Sunday programs and I would squirrel them away. He had the account until the mid/late 70's. I had them all neatly stacked by years in my bookcase in my room. As with all things related to childhood, after moving away to college, Mom cleaned up and threw out all of those "old magazines" . I have a few, but lost probably 16 years of them in the great cleanup of 1980.

Well, I went looking on-line and found these on sites like Etsy. We have a local frame guy who does a great job. I got maybe a dozen from around 1962-64 mostly. I didn’t see them in person until later in the 60’s, but it still gives me the same warm feeling. 

What a wonderful legacy to leave things behind that warm people’s hearts. Please come by and see my collection some day!  😋

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.