Watch Josh Allen's release on Sunday

Simon

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he'd have made the same play but in a slightly different way, he'd have manouvered an arm angle and slung it. Josh got it there with pure velocity. 

Notice that the ball is traveling so fast, the broadcast can't keep up with it and is trailing it the whole way.  This was a common problem Josh's rookie year until camera people got used to his velocity and realized they had to be a little quicker with their movement.  Remember watching many times as you would only see the player after he caught the ball because you'd just see the space the ball was traveling through...

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You know, while people were dogging on him for making all the commercials maybe we overlooked a few things.

- In Allen's Verizon commercial, he's clearly seen watching game film. Has his tablet in his hand.

-In the Lays commercial where the legends unretire, he's working EXCLUSIVELY with Dan Marino. As we can all attest Marino had that quick release/snap type throw that we saw from Allen on the Shakir TD.

-While endorsing Madden, he gained access to all other 31 teams defensive playbook and tendencies. Excellent scouting opportunity.

The conclusion I draw is that Allen learns through osmosis. He doesn't need coaching. He needs to make a commercial where they play "We are the Champions" in the background. Product is irrelevant. Maybe Tide so his uniform stays clean.

HOF post

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Notice that the ball is traveling so fast, the broadcast can't keep up with it and is trailing it the whole way.  This was a common problem Josh's rookie year until camera people got used to his velocity and realized they had to be a little quicker with their movement.  Remember watching many times as you would only see the player after he caught the ball because you'd just see the space the ball was traveling through...

I wasn't referring as much to his velocity (which, you're right, is great) but more to how fast his release is.

From the time he decides where it's going, to the time it actually leaves his hand is an eyeblink.

I thought he walked into a sack on that Shakir throw and it ended up coming out so fast that I didn't even see him uncork it. :blink:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I wasn't referring as much to his velocity (which, you're right, is great) but more to how fast his release is.

From the time he decides where it's going, to the time it actually leaves his hand is an eyeblink.

I thought he walked into a sack on that Shakir throw and it ended up coming out so fast I didn't even see him uncork it. :blink:

Similar to Tage Thompson's shot with the Sabres...might be the best release I have ever seen in all my years watching hockey.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Mahomes can't make that throw, but there are throws he can make that Allen can't. Their arm talent is different from one another. With Allen it's the release and the velocity. With Mahomes it's the precise ball placement from crazy arm angles. They're both doing things I have never seen before.

This is good. I agree fully. 

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

One of the days I was at training camp this year there was a throw he made to the sideline - a rocket - and I involuntarily exclaimed to no one "Oh My God".  It was unlike anything I had ever seen in real life

Sometimes you have moments in life where you realize something is not like all the other things. My brother-in-law is a scratch golfer, but you don’t have to see him hit a ball to know that. There mere sound of the ball makes you aware that he’s the best player at Top Golf. And to serious golfers, he’s just pretty good. There is another level far, far above that. I’ve played with professional tennis players before, and it seems that they play by different laws of physics. 

Josh is one of one. There are some other greats, of course, but nobody has his exact blend of talents. 

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 10:08 AM, Simon said:

He is snapping it off like nobody else in the world right now. And maybe I'm just being a fanboy but I think I'm about two weeks from saying that Josh Allen now has the most wicked release of any QB that's ever played in the NFL.

Straight f'in lightning....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.