USFL-XFL merge; become UFL w/USFL and XFL divisions

PromoTheRobot

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't think it will survive. Springtime is the NHL/NBA playoffs plus baseball season is in full swing. The quality of play in these leagues is poor as the top talent will always go to the NFL.

I'm the average NFL fan, I don't care about any of the other sports leagues.  I watch more NCAA March Madness games than I do any NHL/NBA/MLB games combined.  Will I watch the UFL?  Maybe, but not enough to really get into it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I'm the average NFL fan, I don't care about any of the other sports leagues.  I watch more NCAA March Madness games than I do any NHL/NBA/MLB games combined.  Will I watch the UFL?  Maybe, but not enough to really get into it.  

I hope the spring football league works but if history is any indication, then it probably won't. The NFL and CFB are the football leagues that fans care about.

• Agree 1

My only limitation is that my time gets crunched with children so I have to carve out time for appointment viewing. It's hard for me to drop in for a springtime game.

That said, I am absolutely a fan of the league. For one, I hate that college football has essentially become the minor leagues for the NFL. Every other major sport has an onboarding program and minor league because they know that not every player has hit physical and mental prime at 22. I think it's a net positive to have a chance for players to develop just because they didn't turn out as an UDFA or are seen as perpetual camp fodder.

Two, I am craving football come late March-May. I don't care about the NBA. The NHL is wrapping up to the playoffs, but the Sabres haven't been part of that mix in...over a decade now? Baseball is a looooong slog.

I hope it does well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 10:28 AM, DeltaDigital said:

Why? Go outside. Get a Haircut, change your oil, Cut your nails, wash your dog... plenty of other way more productive things to do... Can you tell me WHY you watch it? Im genuniely curious... 

The same reason people watch the NFL? Enjoyment.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.